Save an XM from the scrappie (free car)

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Dickieg
Confirmed BX'er

Save an XM from the scrappie (free car)

Post by Dickieg »

Save this XM from the scrappie for free (posted on the CCC website);

A chap called Matthew Williams contacted me about an XM he needs to get rid of. The tax expires at the end of the month and he told me that he'll have it "towed away" if nobody comes to buy it. I went to look at it this morning and took plenty of pictures. It's a 1991 3 litre V6 SEi auto in gunmetal grey and with black leather interior. It has 58K on the clock and is in moderately good condition, given that it has been standing for some time. He says that the previous owner was a director at Citroen and that it has a full service history. However, it appears that the spheres and LHM have not been changed for 6 years. Also, the air con doesn't work.

At the moment it won't start because of a faulty gearbox inhibitor switch but he's working on it as he realises that he has a better chance of somebody buying it if it starts and runs.

He mentioned that he might let it go for £50 providing it goes to a good home. It's certainly too good to scrap; I hope that somebody in the Club will buy it/take it away. It deserves it.

If you want to talk to Matthew is phone number is 0118 947 5825 and his e-mail address is matthewpwilliams@tiscali.co.uk

The car is in Reading, Berkshire.

The latest news is that nobody has come forward to save this car so Matthew has just e-mailed me to say it'll be scrapped in a few days time. The car is free to anybody who'll have it, you'd better be quick!
99 Xantia HDi Exclusive Est
98 Xantia V6 Exclusive
97 Xantia VSX TD
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas
andmcit
BXpert

Post by andmcit »

I've sent an enquiry about the car to him so will see what the current situation is!?

Andrew
djoptix
BXpert

Post by djoptix »

Where are the plenty of pictures?
Good heavens! My signature's been moderated...