1989(G) BX 19TRS - Free to a good home/donations welcome

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
greenapple

1989(G) BX 19TRS - Free to a good home/donations welcome

Post by greenapple »

Hi all,

I am finally looking to find a new home for my red 1989 G-plate 19TRS. She ran out of MOT two years ago when I had her off the road for a while because I had another car. Up until then I had used her daily with no probs at all. When I put her through for a test last year she failed on smoke (worn valve stem seals I believe).

Apart from that the manifold needs a bit of attention (blowing a bit), but the rest of the exhaust, front to back, was brand new before I took her off the road and she had a brand new clutch. There is a minor LHM leak, nothing drastic. I've run her regularly and she still sits up nicely and drives well.

She's got full, working electrics - and virtually all the panels are in very good nick. The engine has done 100,000 and is sweet. It would be a real shame to see her scrapped - she'd make a decent project I think.

I'm prepared to let her go for free - being Christmas I wouldn't say no to few quid though! I'm down in Wareham, in Dorset, on the south coast (west of Bournemouth). Ideally I'd like to move her by mid-January at the latest. Please let me know if you are interested and hopefully we can sort something out.

Cheers!

Phil :-)

cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Phil, that's a very kind offer of your's. Hopefully one of our members will take you up on it and give you something for it. Nice one mate.
Vauxhall apologist.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

What a beaut, I cant find it a home sadly, surely theres someone out there for it?
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Anyone? I knoe we normally go for diesels but with derv being 5p a litre more and if you do small mileages it wont be that much difference, it is a tidy car, someone claim it before my resistance gets the better of me.
Ian_Fearn
Spender lotta cash on Citroens

Post by Ian_Fearn »

GO FOR IT TIM!!! :D
Over and out from me
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

You know you want to :lol:
They think it's all over, it is now!
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

After all it is free.
Vauxhall apologist.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

[quote="Ian_Fearn"]GO FOR IT TIM!!! :D[/quote]

Are you taking me to fetch it then mate :wink:
greenapple

Post by greenapple »

Lol! Thanks for your interest. As I say, I don't really have to move her until mid-January so I'll leave the offer open as long as possible. She looks like an ideal Christmas present to me though!

Phil :-)
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Lets see what happens early 2008, if someone else can find it a home by then and needs a car please speak up, if not then who knows :wink:
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Dorset!, why are they always so far away :shock:
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

To restart this topic I WONT be taking this bx on, as much as I would like, so if anyones wanting it please go ahead.

My own 19TRS is coming off the road at the end of Dec as its tax is due as is the Xantias, which needs using instead of being sat idle, so I will sorn it for a couple of months until I can tackle the bodywork in the spring, mechanically its A1 so I will stick with that, plus being a auto thats my preference.
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

tim leech wrote:Dorset!, why are they always so far away :shock:
Everything is relative.
this might be a signature
adamskibx
BXpert

Post by adamskibx »

Thats a lovely looking BX. I think its the shiney red paint and TRS trim/spoiler that makes it look special. I bet your tempted by this one David?!
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

Petrol engine and a factory sunroof say no ta.
this might be a signature