Mk 1 BX 19RD For Sale

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

7 days is the norm, but the MOT will be a sticking point. People like to buy cars with a full MOT. This we have found out recently, both buying :( and selling :D

You could list it and get in in for the test, see how it fairs. But you really do need to shift it with some T&T or just moving it anywhere becomes a real problem these days.
They think it's all over, it is now!
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

I can't believe no one on here is taking this one. :?

If it were closer to me I WOULD :o I don't have a problem with a good investment like this.

But certainly I don't have time to come to Bristol for it. I'm away this weekend and not back until 8th Jan. So there's nothing I can do :( O r I would.

Full MOT and some grey tweed seats, there's no telling where the biding would end on ebay. :idea:
MULLEY
Over 2k
My Cars: 1999 Xsara LX 2.0HDI (90) Hatch - Fern
2002 C5 2.0 HDI (110) Estate - Jasmine - SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - SORN
1992 TZD Turbo Estate - SORN
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired - SORN
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

Post by MULLEY »

Without an mot its going to be worth scrap value, only an afficionado may pay a bit more, but its still going to be peanuts. Best getting it through its mot & then u have a fighting chance of it going for reasonable money.

I would say that perhaps selling a car around xmas isnt going to see you the best return, afterall, who's got any money spare to be buying old cars???

I hope you prove me wrong as they are getting scarce.....
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

From what I've seen this week, there's plenty of money around.

Been watching XM's on ebay. A shed with HG failure went for £163, a K reg hatch £640 and a decent M reg estate with full MOT I couldn't even think about bidding on :o
Same with the model trains, although they could be Christmas prezzies if they get em in time, but stupid money.
dumbtime
Confirmed BX'er

Post by dumbtime »

Well I do have one person interested in it but they need to sort out their finances first. Its sounds as if it could easily fall through. So I guess if it doesn't happen I'll put it through an MOT and put some tax on it and give it another go. or I might offer it to the club for free or maybe enough to get me a few drinks on new years! I mean I've got my money's worth out of it, It was free to me.

What's T&T?
Was the owner of a BX 19RD 1984
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

tax and tested, aka mot and road fund licence.
MULLEY
Over 2k

Post by MULLEY »

FREE, not had one of them before :wink:
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Calling Mr. Leech

FREE CAR ALERT!

I would take it on, I've never had a Mk1, but I really just dont have ANY space left at all, anywhere.

I've got BX's coming out of my ears, not to mention lorries, buses and other assorted crap.
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

I have no where for it matey, every space I have like you is full, surely someone will give it a home, If it was me, I would put a years MOT on it, and then sell it on in the spring, with a years MOT and being so rare you should do well with it.

As Ken says they are getting collectable.
Last edited by tim leech on Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

Likewise, I would very much like it, but am out of space at the moment. I am planning a major clear out in the near future, but right now I have no space.

I suppose it boils down to whether it's more important that the car go for as much money as possible, or that it goes to an enthusiast who will do the work that it needs and cherish it.
this might be a signature
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Got to be worth someone taking it on? Getting rare now and will be a good runabout too. Sadly time/money/short MOT mean it's not for me but good luck with it.
Come on Timmy, how many times have you said you haven't got room, or time, and still taken another freebie on? Bet you could make room for this somewhere?
Vauxhall apologist.
wannab-x
Confirmed BX'er

Post by wannab-x »

I could (and I mean could) be interested in this one, but unfortunately I wouldn't have a weekend to collect the car from Bristol until the 3rd weekend in January (very sociable, me). Other than that & trying to sort out the part changes needed, I'd be very interested...
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

I have the room, but no time to go for it. Unless a miracle occurs. :?

But I would definitely take it on, purely as an investment you understand. :D
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit
My Cars: Cars

Post by BX Bandit »

tim leech wrote:
ken newbold wrote:
MULLEY wrote:I cant have it on the road, i've got 2 cars on the drive & another 2 on the road & it would have to sorn as i cant afford to insure, tax etc 3 cars at anyone time :cry:.

On the other hand, if someone could store the car for me then perhaps in the new year when finances are a bit better i may be up for it.....
Get shut of one :o
The Gti you have Muelly is very tidy, I would get it MOTed and move it on and let someone else do the cambelt etc.
You're all heart mate! I have the shittiest heap of crap on my drive, but I love my TD...hence forthcoming restoration and keeping the car to run her another 17 years. to be honest I thought the essence of the club was for BXers who loved their cars to enthuse and chat and yet the one thing I don't understand Tim is your constant buying and selling of BX's. Are you dealing or enthusing mate?
1990 BX 16V Platinum Grey
1990 BX TGD White
1960 Morris Minor Clarondon Grey
1971 Triumph 2000 Auto Valencia Blue
MULLEY
Over 2k

Post by MULLEY »

I don't think Tim makes any money on any of em, infact without his interest there would be a load more on the scrap heap, so keep turning them over matey :D