Wanted. Hoses.

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Geoffrey Gould
BXpert

Wanted. Hoses.

Post by Geoffrey Gould »

Hi all. I am looking for some radiator hoses no one seems to have any, GSF,Citroen, local parts places etc.

On the 1-9 GTI 8 V. Auto. On the rear of the engine is a metal pipe one end goes to the heater hose the other end goes to auto box heat exchanger. Its the hoses to and from the heat exchanger. They are rotten and one has exploded. These are now and the other ones will be done later as and when I can find any.

1-7 td auto. Half way down the radiator on the LH side ( looking from the front.) a hose comes out and does a very abrupt 'U' turn and then goes to the engine oil cooler. (heat exchanger.) This has a plastic sleeve to protect it but it was 'eaten' by the fan on the alternator, blast it.

I would be grateful if anyone has any ideas where to obtain hoses.

Thank you.
Geoff.
1991 BX 1-7 td Auto.

I MAY NOT BE ALWAYS RIGHT BUT I AM
NEVER WRONG.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Hi Geoff, its the very same hose that blew on my 19TRS auto which is how i ended up with the car, as you say they are not available fom Citroen I had to cut down a slightly larger bore breather hose and use 2 stout hose clips to make it seal.
jeremy
Over 2k

Post by jeremy »

Both the hoses to the water/oil heat exchanger on my car are made from ordinary straight hose of the correct diameter - carefully fastened to make sure they don't flatten.

Halfords (and others I don't doubt) sell plastic joiners and right angle and other sections in hard plastic with locating ridges to enable you to make up complicated hose shapes.
Geoffrey Gould
BXpert

Ta.

Post by Geoffrey Gould »

Hi thanks for the replies. The main problems are that being automatics there isnt a lot of room at all and the TD has 2 heat exchangers and is even more difficult having some hoses that are moulded into some very tortuous paths.
Still searching and will let you know if I find anything.
Cheers.
Geoff.
1991 BX 1-7 td Auto.

NEVER WRONG.
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

you could get Samco or the likes to make up a silicon hose for you, doubt it would be cheap though!
Geoffrey Gould
BXpert

Hoses.

Post by Geoffrey Gould »

Thank you Vanny,I will try Samco Its a shame to think of getting rid of a BX because of something like a hose.
Cheers.
Geoff.
1991 BX 1-7 td Auto.

NEVER WRONG.
Kevin B
BXpert

Post by Kevin B »

I am surprised your Citroen dealer has not being able to supply the 1.7 TD hose you describe as I bought 2 recently. They were expensive as you would expect but were quick on delivery.

Ref the auto g/box intercooler hoses had you considered asking your main dealer for the same part but when fitted to the ZX or Xantia (XU engine) options as they must be very similar in appearance and size.
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Bear in mind though, that our local Main Stealer is Bryan Brothers, or more commonly called Useless Brothers, for they are uniformley shite.

I actually kid you not when I tell you that last time I wandered into there poxy parts department the gimp behind the desk didn't know what a BX was, and even when given the part numbers of what I wanted, he had no idea what I was asking for.
They did let me test the C4 2.0 VTS though, which was nice, but shockingly bad for anything pre Saxo.
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...