You are going to think I'm mad...

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

You are going to think I'm mad...

Post by Philip Chidlow »

... but only days after winning a Phase 1 16v and driving it around for a couple of hundred miles, I'm going to sell it.

This is NOT because it's a dog. Far from it - a bit of TLC and some careful application of know-how this has the potential to be a great example of a dying breed.

When I got it it was suffering from a misfire, which is now cured. I had a new cam belt fitted, it's had a new accumulator sphere, new leads, a couple of new bulbs and a bit of a wash. It's just been up on the ramp and prodding around showed it to be in pretty good shape, There's some rust in the usual places, but nothing that won't benefit from some treatment and paint and there are no structural issues. The pipes are OK and there're no leaks anywhere. The engine's sweet and pulls well. Doesn't smoke, the oil's clean and there's no evidence of any water loss.

Now, you'll all know I'm no mechanic so it has cost me to get it fixed up. I won't be making anything on this car! (Arthur Dailey I'm not)...

So why am I selling it? Well I've got a good Phase 2 due as my car and this car was destined for my wife... But she doesn't want it - having decided she loves the ZX TD. So I'm going to have to get another one of those instead!!!

So any offers?

Rather oddly I do have a spare (split 60/40) rear seat in VGC in the same trim if you need that facility! There's a pile of paperwork - which again rather oddly the guy mixed up with the paperwork on his nice TZD - so we have to exchange packages! And a couple of folders of technical bulletins.

I must say I feel a bit stoopid, as cars seem to be passing through my fingers these days at a daft rate...

Anyway, the eBay ad goes up today, but if one on the club wants it, make an offer via the listing and PM me so I know who you are. I will give favourable consideration to club members...

• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

WOMEN! :shock:

That is a VERY early car as the 16v badge in seperate, Phil have you advertised on the www.bx16valveclub.co.uk
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

tim leech wrote:WOMEN! :shock:

That is a VERY early car as the 16v badge in seperate, Phil have you advertised on the www.bx16valveclub.co.uk
First registered 8th January 1988. The guy traded in his - wait for it - SM for it!

I can't really blame my lady as she's pretty tolerant of my fickleness... but she does like the ZX TD - and who can blame her, it's a nice car.

I haven't advertised it on the 16v forum, maybe someone here who is a member could mention it please? Here's the link to the eBay ad: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... CA:GB:1123
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

I doubt I could afford it Phil but 'just in case' what do you reckon it'll want for the next MOT Philip?
Vauxhall apologist.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

I had it checked over today and really all we could think of was emissions (but then there's no way of knowing - it doesn't smoke at all) because it might need a new air filter. And that was it. Brakes, steering, all fine, no significant rot.
MULLEY
Over 2k
My Cars: 1999 Xsara LX 2.0HDI (90) Hatch - Fern
2002 C5 2.0 HDI (110) Estate - Jasmine - SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - SORN
1992 TZD Turbo Estate - SORN
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired - SORN
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

Post by MULLEY »

I'd love to own that, looks tidy, but no space on my drive :cry:

Oh & Phil, u r Bonkers :lol:

Dont fancy a swap with my TZD Turbo? In bits at the mo.....but was working perfectly until i noticed summat....
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

I've just been out in it and it is the spiritual successor to 'Pig' - my old Visa Gti 1.9 :D 8)

I know I am bonkers. And just to prove it I'm putting the BIN price up* as I hadn't factored in the Tax I've just bought for it DO"OHHHH! :roll:

*at my good lady's insistence
MULLEY
Over 2k
My Cars: 1999 Xsara LX 2.0HDI (90) Hatch - Fern
2002 C5 2.0 HDI (110) Estate - Jasmine - SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - SORN
1992 TZD Turbo Estate - SORN
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired - SORN
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

Post by MULLEY »

I'd chop the tax in, seems to be the trend these days seeing as its so bloomin expensive.....The mini cost £112.75 for 6mths :cry:
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

I wouldn't change the bin to accomodate the tax Phil, might put some watchers off. I would, however, amend the listing to say tax availabe at cost to winning bidder if wanted. Give them the option and most will probably go for it because they can drive the car away then. They could do this of course with the bin at a higher rate but I believe bin's put people off and they'll want to bid for a bargain and the then cough up for the tax on top.
Vauxhall apologist.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

I wouldn't change the bin to accomodate the tax Phil, might put some watchers off. I would, however, amend the listing to say tax availabe at cost to winning bidder if wanted. Give them the option and most will probably go for it because they can drive the car away then. They could do this of course with the bin at a higher rate but I believe bin's put people off and they'll want to bid for a bargain and the then cough up for the tax on top.
Vauxhall apologist.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Vauxhall apologist.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Well, in my wisdom, I just upped it to £599. Fair enough I think, given that the increase is less than the tax, but hey. I've had two more watchers join since then. 17 at last count and there's still over 6 days to go.

If I don't sell, I'll keep it for a while... I might just have to turn it into a track day monster... who knows?

*Well, it's now 24 watchers and that's after only 10 hours of listing. 6 days 14 hrs to go. Let's see how it pans out...*
RichardW
BXpert

Post by RichardW »

That's the second time in 2 days I've seriously considered buying a BX (MR B's TZD is exerting a strong pull :? ).

If you were closer Phil, I might well offer you a swap for our* 94 ZX TD...

*it's my wife's really, but she DOES like BX's. Or so I tell her anyway 8)
I NEED a BX TD.
Adrian E
BXpert

Post by Adrian E »

....bare in mind that some of the watchers (including me!) are interested parties, but not bidders. I've had auctions for cars on ebay with over 50 watchers and still no bids :shock:

Hope you get a good price for it - certainly looks tidy enough! I'm trying to avoid the temptation to buy back my phase 2 16V that's currently listed on ebay, but it still needs the same jobs doing which made me decide to sell it in the first place.

Adrian
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

UPDATE: After due consideration: NOW £499 OR NEAR OFFER

Any takers???

PS It drives nice... 8) :D