you no the saying about buses

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
citroen7
BXpert

you no the saying about buses

Post by citroen7 »

Well isnt this typicall!!
my good lady was passed a paper with a phone no. this morning with the comment is it your husband that collects citroens? to which she replied yes .
turns out that it belongs to a chap up the road from me who i have spoken to before as it is a tzd hurricane in triton green which i have always liked and i did say then give me first refusal even if it is just for the nice alloys .
so i have just spoken to him and it has the same problem as the 4x4 !
which is easy enough to sort ,and it still has a few months mot left on it and he is looking £150 not sure what the milage is so do i or dont i?
i thought £100 tops and i know there will few other takers so what does the panel think?
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

What is it's problem? :?
They think it's all over, it is now!
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

A sorted TZD Hurricane is - IMHO - one of the most desirable models in the range. Hurricanes have a bit of a reputation for rust so I would check thoroughly (usual places - especially inner rear wings and boot floor)...

So with certain provisos you most certainly should :D 8)
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
citroen7
BXpert

Post by citroen7 »

leaking rear suspension on passenger rear wheel
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

Mmm, if that's just the cylinder that's leaking, not so bad. But if it's the front to rear pipes :o not so good. :cry:

However, if the rest of the car is in good condition, it would certainly be worth the time and trouble to do the repipe. Me thinks.
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Philip chidlow wrote:A sorted TZD Hurricane is - IMHO - one of the most desirable models in the range. Hurricanes have a bit of a reputation for rust so I would check thoroughly (usual places - especially inner rear wings and boot floor)...
And check the front and back end of the sills, VERY carefully. Especially where they touch the closing panels at either end. Give them a good shove inward, you will probably find the stonechip paint is all thats left.

Whilst i like the look of the hurricane, they rot like hell, and the seats are just GTi seats with a different moquet.
They'd look better with a full bodykit, er, like a P2 valver!!!
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

I'll agree with you about the roting issues on the Hurricane, but why is that. Surely they're the same as other BX's, aren't they?
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

As I understand it the Hurricane was an attempt to revive the range - and Citroen were worried that they'd be left with a load of unused body shells as the Xantia made its appearance. So they dusted them off, taking from the storage they'd been in, stuck some new bits on and painted (not too well) them green.. Obviously exposure to the elements has something to do with the state of Hurricane shells these days?
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Hurricanes were limited edition and came out in '91 so not sure about the Xantia aspect, but yes, they were "created" from body shells that had been "stored" ina field for an indeterminate amount of time.
Although from some of them I've seen (and I've owned 3) they looked more like they'd been stored in the english channel..

The interesting bit I've noticed on two of the cars I had, once the side pods were removed the original colour of the car became evident!

I guess they had a surplus of Triton green and valver whale tails knocking about.....
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
citroen7
BXpert

Post by citroen7 »

took a look at the hurricane a yesterday and belive me you would have thought it had been in one ! so sum up sun roof sealed shut the boot stuck shut but managed to crawl in from the back seat it has been welded with what looks like a spare plate from the titanic! rear arches ok only drivers side showing minor rust couldnt hear it running no battery of lhm 182k on the clock steering wheel covered in tape , interior just needed a clean usual minor scrapes and dings front bumper hanging off.
the good points uhm......oh yes a good set of alloys fog lights looked ok and a sun roof deflector which was pristene !
so he wanted £150 :lol: so i was perfectly honest and said it was not really a viable project but if he wanted it out of the way i would give him £70 WHICH I THOUGHT WAS A VERY FAIR OFFER but no he thinks the engine is worth the money alone and what about those rare alloys ?
yes i said they are rare in NI but for £150 i could get a set shipped over with change
So i have left it with him pointing out that if he took it to the scrap man he would get £50 if somone lifted you would get nothing ,he has my number so we will see what happens i suspect i will get a call as the car is blocking the drive and garage and his wife has a golf convertable tucked away which she is itching to use.
citroen7
BXpert

Post by citroen7 »

took a look at the hurricane a yesterday and belive me you would have thought it had been in one ! so sum up sun roof sealed shut the boot stuck shut but managed to crawl in from the back seat it has been welded with what looks like a spare plate from the titanic! rear arches ok only drivers side showing minor rust couldnt hear it running no battery of lhm 182k on the clock steering wheel covered in tape , interior just needed a clean usual minor scrapes and dings front bumper hanging off.
the good points uhm......oh yes a good set of alloys fog lights looked ok and a sun roof deflector which was pristene !
so he wanted £150 :lol: so i was perfectly honest and said it was not really a viable project but if he wanted it out of the way i would give him £70 WHICH I THOUGHT WAS A VERY FAIR OFFER but no he thinks the engine is worth the money alone and what about those rare alloys ?
yes i said they are rare in NI but for £150 i could get a set shipped over with change
So i have left it with him pointing out that if he took it to the scrap man he would get £50 if somone lifted you would get nothing ,he has my number so we will see what happens i suspect i will get a call as the car is blocking the drive and garage and his wife has a golf convertable tucked away which she is itching to use.