BX Front fog lamps.

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
ken newbold
Over 2k

BX Front fog lamps.

Post by ken newbold »

Come on all you 16v polishers, give your car a treat.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... %3AIT&rd=1
They think it's all over, it is now!
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

I'll tell you what, I am tempted, but does anybody have any palstic protectors for these foglamps? I do, as the guy I bought my BX from fabricated some out of acetate/polycarbonate - or something - not a bad idea if you are going to invest the huge sums these objects will obviously attract! If I get the chance, I'll post a pic and a plan...

BTW Are these 'Fog' lights or 'Driving' lamps??? I like the way they illuminate the edges of dark (obviously!) country lanes - even when there's no fog!
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

I hope your right about the price.

However I think this is also an "AGEISM" thing. In my day (old sod) they were fog lamps. But today they are driving lamps, mind you in my day we never drove round during the day with our lights on, therefore we didn't need sunglasses either. 8)
They think it's all over, it is now!
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

BTW Are these 'Fog' lights or 'Driving' lamps??? I like the way they illuminate the edges of dark (obviously!) country lanes - even when there's no fog![/quote]

Worth finding out as my mate got done by the motorway coppers for having his on when it wasn`t foggy. To win his appeal against it he had to provide the handbook for the car and got a letter from Vauxhall to back him up.
Of course this doesn`t apply if you own a BMW or a Volvo 340 as there must be a rule somewhere saying you have to leave them on all fooking day and night :twisted:
Vauxhall apologist.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

I think the best thing is to use your judgement. There's no need for them unless you can't see properly ahead and the use of full beam would be inappropriate (or, in the case of driving in the pitch black along country lanes, use both and dip the mains when you see approaching vehicles, maybe). The argument that it increases your visibility re: other road users is, IMHO bunkum: It does, but it annoys the **** out of 'em. And it points you out as a pillock. So a no-win situation.
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
classic2cv
BXpert

Post by classic2cv »

did you get it?
Citroen BX

Origami in plastic and steel

^^ ^^^^bx>