BX parts clear out

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Barrie James
Confirmed BX'er

Parts

Post by Barrie James »

Hi,

Do you still have the front bumper? Some kind soul re-shaped mine in a car park, and took the N/S trim off the bumper as well. My TZD is in white.

Also do you have the heater panel that has the switches mounted on it. My fan has stopped working and I it worked fine after I replaced the fan resistor a few weeks ago, so I'm assuming its the PC that has failed.

I may have to ask you to post/carrier them to me, as I'm on the Isle of Wight, and this time of the year, it costs an arm & a leg to escape.

Thanks
zebedee150
Confirmed BX'er

Post by zebedee150 »

Hi Barrie,
Have spare heater controls, fan etc, etc. I am afraid I will be keeping the front bumper as I have just modified mine on the corner of a gate post!
Bx'less after 12 years
Barrie James
Confirmed BX'er

TZD Parts

Post by Barrie James »

Hi,

Sorry to hear about your bumper, I'll have to contact Edwards & Son in Billericay to see if they can help, unless someone else in the club has one available.

As regards the heater controls, the part I really need is the panel at the back of the switches which has the printed circuit on it. I know there is a 'fix' posted on the site, but I'm not sure my soldering is up to doing the recommended repair.

Let me know how much you want for it posted, and I'll arrange to get the money to you.
jwthwaites96
Confirmed BX'er

Post by jwthwaites96 »

Hi zebedee150,
When do you think you will be down in western? just going to have to sort out few probs with the rear suspension on the passenger side, it keeps collapsing when wieght is put on it, garage says the suspension bearings have gone. any suggestions?
zebedee150
Confirmed BX'er

Post by zebedee150 »

Hi Jw, Sorry for late reply. I have not been on the site for a few days! Not due up the M5 for a couple of weeks, but doubt that a rear suspension collapse is due to the swinging arm bearings. They tend to rust, crunch up a few bearing rollers and then the rear wheels adopt different angles! If the suspension cannot hold the weight it has to be in the fluid side of the system. If only on the one side it is more likely to be the seals in the suspension strut gone and returning the fluid to tank. You could always pull off the leak return pipe to the strut gaiter. If you get drowned its leaking !!!
Bx'less after 12 years
classicnut5
Confirmed BX'er

BX bits

Post by classicnut5 »

Hi,have you a genuine stereo for the car(Blaupunkt and runs 6 speakers)?I would like to upgrade the 2 speaker system in mine,but keep the original Citroen-ness of the car.I would also like alloys and/or the little flaps that cover the valve on the wheel trims(must be grey).
Cheers
Russ