rear suspension arm kit for tZD estate needed

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
gazpacho andulus
Confirmed BX'er

rear suspension arm kit for tZD estate needed

Post by gazpacho andulus »

Got the arms off and the bearings are shot. what do I need and has anybody got some to sell me?
Last edited by gazpacho andulus on Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
now I'm listening. TZD Estate 1991
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Do you need the whole arm? Or just the bearing kits?
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
gazpacho andulus
Confirmed BX'er

I think it's just the kit. I tried Europarts but they didnt seem to have it all in stock. Any ideas chris?
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

stuff the kit, the bearings and seals are like £5 all in! plastic tube can be folded, removed and reused later. The bolt is not likley to have any signs of wear is correctly fitted, then either buy a new nut, of rest the nylock. the near £30 for a kit is a bit of a scam really.
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

/\ what he said.

Although if you do want the kits:

GSF nearly always have them in stock.

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
ellevie
Forum Treasurer

Post by ellevie »

Vanny wrote:stuff the kit, the bearings and seals are like £5 all in!
That's very good news.
Where can you get them at that price ?
David

BX19TRS 118K E Reg 1992-2008
BX19TRS auto abs 96k F Reg
BX19TXD 150k K Reg
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

Border Bearings in Sandy way, Deeside, North wales, i think there on engineers road. Thats a standard price as well!

I've discovered recently that the latest citroen parts lists actually gives specs for bearings and sels now so i can typically order the right seals/bearings without having to take the car apart to find dimension.

They can do better rated wheel bearings for less than factors as well. I should think any bearing retailer can sort you out?
mountainmanUK

Post by mountainmanUK »

Vanny wrote:Border Bearings in Sandy way, Deeside, North wales, i think there on engineers road. Thats a standard price as well!

I've discovered recently that the latest citroen parts lists actually gives specs for bearings and sels now so i can typically order the right seals/bearings without having to take the car apart to find dimension.

They can do better rated wheel bearings for less than factors as well. I should think any bearing retailer can sort you out?
Just a thought mate, but I reckon it would be a useful "sticky" if you could work out a definitive "Repair Kit" comprising the correct spec replacement bearings & seals etc, and post it on the Forum somewhere.
That would make things so much easier for the "less-techinical-minded" amongst us!!
I'm assuming that any "repair kit" would be pretty much standard for all BX models?

Cheers

Dave
DLM
Our Trim Guru
My Cars: Historically, lots of BX hatches/estates in the 90s/00s - 16/19i/17td/19d
Recent scruffy diesel n/a estate - "The Red Shed" - is no longer mine.

Post by DLM »

Doc - are these SKF bearings? I did some homework a few years back on the components of the kit only to discover that SKF's main UK stockist at the time (BSL, I think) seemed to take an indecently large profit - everything was more expensive than at GS&F.

Incidentally, in checking that I did mean SKF and not someting else, I came across simplybearings.co.uk as the paid-for link - anyone know what their parices are like (didn't have ref-nos to hand).
Back on two wheels and pedal power for the moment.
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

BSL are very expensive and very good.
If I have to use SKF bearings I go direct to SKF (handily they have a little outlet in Stonehouse!), but I prefer and always try to use Timken bearings.
It pays to have a look round on online stockists as prices seem to vary on a regular basis across suppliers.
If you're quick enough you can get some right bargains!
Unless you need Timken HM248218's, in which case they're hard to get and bloody expensive... :cry:

ellevie
Forum Treasurer

Post by ellevie »

Thanks for that Vanny. The full kits now seem to be around £40 so that will be a massive saving.

For reference from service.citroen.com,
Bearing od=41mm, id=22mm, w=14.4mm
Seal od=41mm, id=30mm, w=11mm,
Nylock Nut af=24mm, id=16mm, thread=1.5mm, w= 14mm

Measured bearing widths,
SKF 14.4mm
Mapco 14.6mm

Caution: Citroen and SKF use a 1.5mm thread Nut & Bolt whereas Mapco kits use 2mm threads.
Last edited by ellevie on Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David

BX19TRS 118K E Reg 1992-2008
BX19TRS auto abs 96k F Reg
BX19TXD 150k K Reg
gazpacho andulus
Confirmed BX'er

I asked at Quantock auto supplies in Bristol yesterday and they had the kit for less than 30 pounds .I have to say that the docs suggestion is better :? but I 'm afraid I'm too frightenened to locate and buy the right separates with confidence(neandertall mechanic!)
gazpacho andulus
Confirmed BX'er

rear arm bearings etc

Thanks jon. I'll be looking into those bearing part numbers
regards
chris
jwthwaites96
Confirmed BX'er

Post by jwthwaites96 »

gazpacho andulus,
this Quantock auto supplies, where in bristol is it? i just looked on yell and could not find it. also do you know if there is a good garage in bristol that i could use to install them that has experience with BX's, just i dont think i have the equipment to do it or the knowledge.
cheers, any help would be great
John