BX14RE

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
raggerminder

BX14RE

Post by raggerminder »

I am offering for sale my BX 14 RE which I have owned and used regularly over the last two years.
Test until Feb 09
Tax until end July 08

Apart from a new CD radio (now wired through the ignition) the car is to the best of my knowledge completely original and standard.

This is a base model BX first registered 31/01/89. Its current mileage is 37250. It has a 1.4 petrol engine and manual 5 speed transmission. The condition is quite exceptional for the car's age, both inside and out. and it has proved reliable over the time I have owned it.

Within the last six months I have replaced the exhaust from the front pipe back including a new stainless steel tail pipe; the battery (for one with a three year guarantee) and had a new CD/radio/MP3 player installed. The original radio/cassette is available if required and it was in good working order when removed. I have not upgraded the speakers. I have receipts for the work detailed.

There is no power steering. It has a manual choke. Both electric windows work. The central locking works. The glove box lid is undamaged. The heater controls work and adjust easily. The wheel trims all match. Spare wheel and jack are all present. the interior is tweed and in excellent condition. It does not appear to have been smoked in but I can't guarantee that. The colour is red - there is some fading on the bonnet and roof but I have not yet seen a better one in this colour. There are a few stone chip marks but the bumpers are not scraped and the body is shiny and remarkably straight.

I have the orignal owner's handbook and pack with service book containing 7 stamps. I have 9 previous MOT certificates as well as the current one. I also have the V5C document.

All in all, this is a very straight and looked after family sized car with modest but adequate performance and, in my ownership, low running costs. It is in a low insurance group and, because of its age, it could be insured on a low cost "classic" policy if it is not your only car.

I am selling to make way for an already purchased AX for my children to learn to drive in and a 16 Valve that will soon be coming north!

The car is near Darlington.

The price is £550

Pictures may be found here: http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/list/15/

Note: the reduced price above is what I am looking for.

Thanks for looking.

Rob

The light at the end of the tunnel is just another train...
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Lovely.
MULLEY
Over 2k
My Cars: 1999 Xsara LX 2.0HDI (90) Hatch - Fern
2002 C5 2.0 HDI (110) Estate - Jasmine - SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - SORN
1992 TZD Turbo Estate - SORN
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired - SORN
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

Post by MULLEY »

Does look nice, & dare i say it, good value.
2002 C5 2.0 HDI Estate - Jasmine - Now SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - My daily
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired.
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

I'm not just a username, i'm also called Matthew.
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

Looks good indeed! Ready to go..

Some quite interesting Cits for sale on that site too. I actually saw a 1920s Citroen yesterday - bit similar to that Cloverleaf that's listed but bigger - and had a bit of a chat with the bloke who was driving it. He told me he's got several Cits of a similar era. I asked him how he was able to find parts - very hard and many he has to make himself! Imagine how empty the roads were when that thing was first chugging around!

Todd

this yellow writing is really hard to read
Neil
Confirmed BX'er

BX 14 RE

Post by Neil »

That BX 14 RE sounds wonderful. If I didn't have two BXs already, I'd certainly be in the market for it. How did it get away with a mileage that low?
Best wishes from Neil
raggerminder

MY BX14RE

Post by raggerminder »

Thanks for the nice things some of you have said about my car. Looking at the MOT certificates, there seems to have been a period in the late nineties when the car didn't go anywhere much between tests.

If anyone is interested, I intend to be at Wetherby for the CCC Northern Rally on Sunday. I will leave a note on the car with a contact number for while I am on site or at the neighbouring car boot fair.

Rob
raggerminder

Reduced Profit

Post by raggerminder »

I took a really close look at the condition of the tyres the other day and was alarmed at the amount of cracking in the side walls of a couple of them. So, three new radials fitted on Friday! The fourth was replaced not too long ago.

Rob