Project Wanted

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
M

Project Wanted

Post by M »

After a couple of months looking at an empty space on the driveway I find myself in need of something to fill it. Had a look at a few cars (not all of them Citroens), but all seem overpriced crap (though I suppose the current scrap values have a lot to do with that)

Anyone got any ideas :?:
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

No, I'm getting to like empty spaces on the drive :D
They think it's all over, it is now!
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

OK not a Citroen, but I think a Fiat 127 or indeed an Eastern European (Lada, Skoda Estelle or 136 or something else, small and European might be interesting.

If it was to be a Citroen, how about a Visa Decapotable (or whatever it's called!)?
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

Do you want my Rover? Yours for nothing if you have the means to take it away!
M

Post by M »

I thought we had spoken about that one Stuart? The one in deepest darkest Essex with the partially dismantled brakes? Believe me if it was half as near to me I would be off down Braithwaites to hire a flatbed faster than you can say Antidisestablishmentarianism....
Something a bit closer to home is needed really - sorry, but I do quite fancy a P6 - I know where there is another spares car locally too, but its too far gone to slavage bodily.
RichardW
BXpert

Post by RichardW »

Philip Chidlow wrote:If it was to be a Citroen, how about a Visa Decapotable (or whatever it's called!)?
They're on the shelf with the rocking horse poo and hens teeth :lol: And, no, you can't have mine! Not least, because it would probably fall in half if pushed onto a trailer :roll:

2CV? If you can find one that has been re-chassied, but is otherwise a bit rough, shouldn't be too much :wink:
I NEED a BX TD.
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

Marty wrote:I thought we had spoken about that one Stuart? The one in deepest darkest Essex with the partially dismantled brakes? Believe me if it was half as near to me I would be off down Braithwaites to hire a flatbed faster than you can say Antidisestablishmentarianism....
Something a bit closer to home is needed really - sorry, but I do quite fancy a P6 - I know where there is another spares car locally too, but its too far gone to slavage bodily.
Worse than that even - Bromley/Kent.

I'm wondering if there's any way around this, meet half way or something like that... I will ponder. The old Breakdown Cover trick might not work on this one.
mnde
Meteor Man
My Cars: 2007 Citroen Xsara Picasso 1.6 16V VTX
1982 Citroen GSA Spécial Estate - gone to a new home
1991 Citroen BX16 TGS Meteor - still out there somewhere!

Post by mnde »

Stuart wrote:The old Breakdown Cover trick might not work on this one.
*sniggers*

Erm... No. :lol:

What you need Marty is a nice GS or GSA 8)

But anyway what does SWMBO think about you filling the space on the driveway :?:

Mark.
Last edited by mnde on Tue May 27, 2008 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

How about this sporty little plastic bird magnet with nice home made looking velour interior and kwality dash - definately a 'project' - better hurry only three hours to go!!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/rare-gull-wing-do ... dZViewItem
Todd

this yellow writing is really hard to read
andmcit
BXpert

Post by andmcit »

It's black, it's rare, it's very sexy...
and Yes, it's a Citroen!!

http://tinyurl.com/63rwaa

I'm sure you could find reasons to say no, but why would you want to!?
andmcit
BXpert

Post by andmcit »

...and a bit more practical but still a rarity!!

http://tinyurl.com/3nv9bb
jonathan_dyane
BXpert

Post by jonathan_dyane »

My GSA is still available, still runs well (had a cheeky run around the block at the weekend) and still has MOT ;-)

http://bxclub.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php ... t=gsa+sale

I can do a special 'skint and need some money' cheap as chips price...
"Boring damned people. All over the earth. Propagating more boring damned people. What a horror show. The earth swarmed with them." -Charles Bukowski