1988 BX 16 valve

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Malcolm

1988 BX 16 valve

Post by Malcolm »

:( I am very frustrated as when the car was taken in for an MOT, the bottom hose blew, an Rac man taped and fixed it , but due to an airlock he tried to vent it on the thermostat housing Brown colour, but split the housing I have been trying to obtain a hose and a thermostat housing with NO success. SO it has been off the road for weeks. PLEASE HAS ANY MEMBER OR COMPANY GOT ANY OF THESE SPARES AVAILABLE SO THAT I CAN ENJOY THE CAR AGAIN. Malcolm 01728688086 .?????????
2cv and other citroen enthusiast
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Try Edwards Citroen breakers on zero one two double-seven 651486 (Billericay Essex - but they do post). Ask for Mark. I think he's recently broken an 88/89 valver.

Also I suggest you remove your phone number (or disguise as above) from the post. Don't want every spamming tom, dick and hairy a***hole getting it. :lol:
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

So you need a thermostat housing and a bottom hose?
Both of which are available on order from your local unfriendly Citroën main stealer.

You'll have to wait about two weeks for the stat housing though, they have to come from sunny France, which if your local dealer is anything like mine will take them a millenia to actually source from...
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
Malcolm

bx 16valve

Post by Malcolm »

:) Thanks guys for your info and friendly advise, I will try some more ideas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! docchevron, dont you ever go out ??????answering my e-mail at 1-45 AM ???????????????? only kidding of course I expact you had just got in from the night club!!!!!!!!!!!

kind regards Malcolm
2cv and other citroen enthusiast
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Nah mate, I'd sooner die than eneter a night club, I'm far too old for all that rubbish, nice quiet country pub with real ale and a real fire with comfy chairs, where you can have a decent conversation in pleasant surroundings.......god I sound old...and I'm only 28!

I work nights mate, and dont actually sleep very often, so I'm on line at all sorts of bizarre hours...
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...