Headlamps??

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
mountainmanUK

Headlamps??

Post by mountainmanUK »

'Ello everybody peeps! :D

Further to the continuing story of me finally getting around to fixing up Monica for MOT, I have this morning discovered that her N/S (passenger) headlamp has a whacking great "stone-chip" right in the middle!! :evil:
I'm assuming that this has been done by some of the little toe-rags living on my street, together with all the little scratches, dings, etc that seem to appear after any period of warm weather, when the little blighters like to use my car as some kind of target to run around, ride bikes around, hide behind, sit on to chat up their equally mindless "tartlette" girlfriends, etc., etcx., etc.

Sorry about the rant, but my question is this....

Has anyone got a GOOD source for BX headlamps?
Alternatively, has anyone in the North of England (Lancashire really!) got a spare that they could let me have, to get the bugger through her MOT?

Could also do with some decent adjusters. GSF don't seem to stock 'em, and my main Stealers don't want to answer their phone lately!

Pretty urgent as MOT booked for Thursday!

Cheers
Dave
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

There's this one on Ebay Dave with a Buy It Now. Perhaps it wouldn't get to you quick enough?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Citroen-BX-Headla ... dZViewItem
Todd

this yellow writing is really hard to read
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

I bought one of these for the GT from him and it was spot on and came within 3 days,
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Re: Headlamps??

Post by DavidRutherford »

mountainmanUK wrote:Pretty urgent as MOT booked for Thursday!
Which is two days time, possibly slightly less if it's booked for the morning.
roverman wrote:came within 3 days.
So that means it's useless then?
this might be a signature
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Never mind then.
mountainmanUK

Post by mountainmanUK »

Not entirely useless actually.......I can still put Monica in for testing on Thursday with a duff headlamp, get the expected "fail" certificate, then have 2 weeks to get her properly fixed up and shoved back for my free re-test! :wink:
Obviously, it would be more hassle that way, and I really would like to get a new "ticket" on her first time, but if needs must, then.....

Thanks for the link, Todd (and the recommendation too, Tim) :D

Dave

(The test is actually booked for 3-30pm Thursday, so still a bit of time!)
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Good luck Dave, fingers crossed.
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

If the chip doesn't affect the pattern then you could just stick some clear silicone on it.
My TD was runnign around for years with a stone chipped headlamp, not very neatly covered in clear gloop!

As for the kids, go get yourself a shotgun mate, they'll learn quick enough when the body count goes up.
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

^^

This is troof.

I've had a car go through an MOT with nothing more than sellotape over a stone-hole in a headlamp before now. I know it won't last more than about 2 days, but as far as the MOT is concerned, that's not the point.
this might be a signature
gazpacho andulus
Confirmed BX'er

headlights

Post by gazpacho andulus »

I've got two complete sets of lights. Swampy donated hers and the tzd everything xcept the back lights. they're mint and even come with bulbs. any help?
now I'm listening. TZD Estate 1991
mountainmanUK

Post by mountainmanUK »

@ Gazpacho Andulus,

Hi mate. Thanks for the offer. I managed to get her through the MOT by fitting a "part-worn" but serviceable n/s headlamp, but that really is not a perfect long term solution.
I do have a new one on order (from an eBay link!), but with the way our local kids behave, I think it would make a lot of sense to keep a set in reserve, so......yes, I would be interested in taking a set of lamps off your hands! :D

Only problem might be getting them from you. Are you attending the National? If so I could get 'em there. Alternatively, maybe someone in your area who IS going to Godmanchester may be able to pick them up and relay them?
Postage is probably a no-no, due to size/fragility.

What do you think? Pm me if you want to arrange something.

@Doc,
Is Gazpacho anywhere within your "sphere of activity" mate?
:idea:
Cheers
Dave
gazpacho andulus
Confirmed BX'er

headlights

I have asked doc to take me and all the spares to the national and convert them to beer but havnt heard back yet. I think he has my number. If not he's only 15 mins away and could easily pick them up.
mountainmanUK

Post by mountainmanUK »

Sounds like a deal then, matey! :D

Let me know how many beer vouchers you would like to exchange for the aforementioned pair of front end illumination facilitators, and I'll see ya in a couple of weeks! :wink:

Cheers
Grandad Dave

P.S. I don't suppose you've saved the adjusters etc. have you? Mine are somewhat worn!
gazpacho andulus
Confirmed BX'er

headlights

Whatever iits worh to you Dave. Gone well past worrying about money and I brew my own mind numbing stuff. bollocks to paying nearly 3 pounds a pint! Thats £30 quid for a headache! o 07828892056
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Dave/Guys I do have a spare pair of headlamps after purchasing a new set to brighten up the front of the GT, there free gratis to anyone who wants them and are undamaged. Can bring to the national.