Good home for J reg 8v GTi

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
db1

Good home for J reg 8v GTi

Post by db1 »

Our much loved and cared for J reg platinum 8 valve GTi auto needs a good home. Only 208K :-) Seriously it still goes like a bat and does not smoke. Always run her on full synthetic. Just come back from a trip across Germany. Autobahns ... Wheeee :-)

In the last 18 months: new cambelt, tyres, spheres( Citroen - not recharged), accumulator, hydraulic pump, alternator, rear pads and discs. 2 years back: Flow diverter, hydraflush and power steering seals. Had the kick down cable replaced, which involves half dismantling the gearbox and all seemed hunky internally - Other wise they would have said and lifted even more cash off me :-) Sunroof does *not* leak. Only two things don't work - The oil pressure gauge. I got fed up replacing the sender, and the drivers door indicator on the "things left open" indicator panel. VGC. FSH. Why? Need air con (according to SWMBO). Taxed to Feb 09, MOT end September. Don't expect any problems.

Will be at CCC National J190DGJ. Location Orpington, Kent.

We don't want to see her end up in a breakers or worse if we trade her in, so an offer would be nice, but very possibly free to a loving owner.
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

I suppose you need air-'con' to deal with the British summer eh? Did your trip to Germany make you realise that summer still existed ( depending on when you were here.. and where) Today is the first day for a week that the temperature has dropped under 30 degrees in these parts.. I've got windows that wind down, manually, that's my A/C! :D

See you at The National and hope you find a good home for it. Maybe some pictures to get all those potential buyers going? ( though I've just noticed that it's a potential freebie!)

P.S doesn't SWMBO stand for She Who Mustn't be Obeyed? You can always get one of those fans that plug into the cigarette lighter! :wink:
Todd

this yellow writing is really hard to read
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

DB1 - I just noticed - from your previous posts- that you were trying to sell this same car two years ago for the same reasons! I take my hat off to you for Not Obeying SWMBO for two years!! :D Also, at that time you mention the Autobahn - are you a regular visitor sausage side then?

( If SWMBO is with you at The National, don't mention that anyone on this forum suggested that she shouldn't be obeyed, like, cos I'll be on holiday and I dont want any injuries or indeed my SWMBO thinking that I would suggest that it meant anything other than pure obediance.. phew. Right, where's the bottle opener? Disclaimers make a man thirsty)
Todd

this yellow writing is really hard to read
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

:shock:
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

roverman wrote::shock:
Oh for goodness sake! :evil:
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

PM sent

(rented garage now possibly available!) :wink:
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

stuart_hedges wrote:
Relax Stuart, I was just thinking that I would like a BX GTi auto again but as I said im not having anymore for the forseable future, good man Phil.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Talk about BX-addiction. Now I think I might get away with having a BX again as I may well have somewhere to keep it safe. And OK, I might have been best advised to keep the valver but a) I needed the money and the space and b). that was a fair amount to have tied up in a car I used so infrequently. At least the missus will drive a GTi auto lol!

Mind you I haven't received a reply yet so it's possibly all academic!
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Fingers crossed Phil.
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

roverman wrote:
stuart_hedges wrote:
Relax Stuart, I was just thinking that I would like a BX GTi auto again but as I said im not having anymore for the forseable future, good man Phil.
... and a single smiley post was supposed to convey all that was it?
this might be a signature
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Same old story. The same old characters. Sad.
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

David, Stuart, I am not going to get into a arguement, it's quite clear from previous posts that you dont like me or like me being here again either for some reason, I can live with that so lets try and get on for the good of the forum, I promise no more smiley faces as it seems to upset you, but I would appreciate in return that collectively you dont "jump" on me at your first opportunity.

Anyway back to the topic I hope the Gti finds a good home at Chidlow towers.
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

roverman wrote:David, Stuart, I am not going to get into a arguement, it's quite clear from previous posts that you dont like me or like me being here again either for some reason,
No.

What I get pissed off with is the fact that you insist on replying to everything with a pointless post. A single smiley, or just a couple of meaningless words. It comes across as a need to reply to almost every single topic, or in some cases almost every single post, in some way, be it helpful or not. What I'd much rather you do is calm down (significantly) and consider whether your reply will actually benefit anyone. If not, don't bother.

Since you've been back on the forum, well over 50% of your posts have been completely useless, simply being a "that's great" or "get it bought" comment. It was mentioned just before you threw your toys out of the pram last time that single-smiley posts or single-word posts were completely unhelpful. I would have thought that when you decided to come back you might have remembered that.
Philip Chidlow wrote:Same old story. The same old characters. Sad.
Given that we've been over this before, yes, I'd say it is.
this might be a signature
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

I imagine jonkw will let me know if he is unhappy with my posts, if not then I will agree to disagree on this point. As for "spitting my dummy out" thats not how I/most people remember it but lets not drag up old issues. I will be at the national in July so by all means come and talk to me about there instead.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

It's certainly how I remember it to be honest. May be a clearing the air session is the best thing now because I also recall how you lambasted someone else on here for going then coming back again under a pseudonym?

Back o/t I hope if someone lands this BX they are grateful, sounds like a very good (and very kind) offer.
Vauxhall apologist.