BX 19GTi - needs a new home

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Realistically probably about £100. I appreciate that might sound uncomplimentary but scrap prices have forced old car prices up and this is all it's realistically worth as a going concern. Considering BXs still pop up free or very cheap and only a few months ago there were quite a few of these about you have to face facts I'm afraid.
The other bug bear will be transportation for any prospective buyer then MOT test costs, any work required plus the time and effort to bring it to an acceptable standard to be driven daily.
Considering you could probably get one with a long MMOT and useable for around £300 to buy your's at more than about £100 wouldn't really be economically viable. Having said all that I would hope you'd rather sell to someone who wants to do it up rather than a quick few quid from a scrappy.
Vauxhall apologist.
Gyp

Post by Gyp »

Stinkwheel wrote:Its been a long time since i've been on the forum here but this one has tempted me back out into posting land.

Mainly this.......
I'd like to get back most if not all of the £9,125 that I paid for it (Crying or Very sad), but am open to more realistic offers.
Im sorry was this said tongue in cheek or what?

No it's true! I would *like* to get most of the £9k I paid for it, but I'm realistic enough to realise that I'm not going to!

I'm perfectly aware that it's probably worth little more than it's scrap value, which from what I can gather, seems to be about £100.

But with so much of the car being in really good condition and re-usable, and having some desireable bits like the 16V wheels, I decided to offer it here rather than simply go down the scrapyard route.

You're right there were no photos early on, but that was mainly because the car was a 200-mile round trip from where I happened to be at the time (so going to take photos would eat up a lot of the money that I might get for the car).
Stinkwheel
1K Away

Post by Stinkwheel »

Thanks for the clarifications Gyp,

I wasnt havin a go or anything like that, i feel your original post was odd.

No mention of what you would like for it and (i repeat) an unusual comment about wanting your 9K back if possible.

The internet can be a funny thing and how people read posts can often be wrongly (or at least they get the wrong end of the stick) because the poster has worded things in a different way to normal.

Now i understand that you are realistic in terms of value i hope you manage to find a good home for it.

Maybe a good source of spares and the rest could go on to be stripped out track car or something? I know people have mentioned that sort of thing before.
Doctor Of Gonzo Journalism!!!
93 BX TZD Estate
90 BX 14TE St Tropez
93 BX 19 TXD Estate
92 BX 16TXi
77 Ami 8 Break
79 Acadiane
81 Dyane6
84 2CV6
85 GSA saloon rally car
To slightly mis-quote Kitch ... "BX 14. They're just brilliant!"
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

I have considered this as a track/road project, but I am simply not ready to take it on. But yes, an early mk2 GTi is a good starting point. For some reason they go better than later GTi's.
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
djoptix
BXpert

Post by djoptix »

If you want an 8v lump to go quickly I should think a 205 GTi forum is a good place to look.
Good heavens! My signature's been moderated...
Gyp

Post by Gyp »

djoptix wrote:If you want an 8v lump to go quickly I should think a 205 GTi forum is a good place to look.
Are you suggesting that the best way to go quickly with an 8v engine is to choose an even lighter car, or that I perhaps ought to advertise the BX on a 205 forum as the BX GTi would make a perfect donor car for a 1.6 to 1.9 upgrade..?

Possibly both
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

I rather think DJ was refering to Phil's idea of making a BX GTi track car.

Since the oug boys are renowned for getting lots of POWAH out of their engines they have a very good knowledge of how to go about tuning the beast!
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
mnde
Meteor Man
My Cars: 2007 Citroen Xsara Picasso 1.6 16V VTX
1982 Citroen GSA Spécial Estate - gone to a new home
1991 Citroen BX16 TGS Meteor - still out there somewhere!

Post by mnde »

:o No I think he meant go quickly as in engine mods...

Mark.
mnde
Meteor Man
My Cars: 2007 Citroen Xsara Picasso 1.6 16V VTX
1982 Citroen GSA Spécial Estate - gone to a new home
1991 Citroen BX16 TGS Meteor - still out there somewhere!

Post by mnde »

^
Yep as he said :lol:

Mark.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

I don't think agreeing with yourself on a public forum is the done thing you know.
Vauxhall apologist.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

/\

Oh yes I do :lol:
Vauxhall apologist.
mike st gilles
BXpert

Post by mike st gilles »

I used to be schizophrenic, now we just agree all the time!
Mike
Garlic Bread 'its the future'.
90 BX TZD Auto lives in France. 93 BX TXD Estate having had Ken Newbolds magic wand waved over it. 98' Honda Deauville NTV650.. '86 Fiat Ducato Swift Kontiki Camper
roy.hassell
BXpert

GTI needing new home

Post by roy.hassell »

Hi Gyp,
Sorry to sound picky but having looked at your description and then the photos there appear to be some differences.
Firstly the wheels look suspiciously like the standard grey 5.5J as fitted to the 8V and not the 6J with the black centres as fitted to 16Vs.
Secondly neither the front or rear spoilers are from a 16v and nor is the steering wheel.
I am sure I am not imagining this as upto recently I was the proud owner of not one but two 16Valvers.
Just thought you should know.
Cheers,
Roy.
Aerodynamica
BXpert

Post by Aerodynamica »

nor is the steering wheel.
-er, he did say he changed the wheel for the bog standard type..
Graeme M

CX 2400 Pallas LPG
2CV6 dolly (SORNed)
Mk1 Xantia 1.9TD SX

'c'est hydropneumatique'
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

The wheels are definitley 6J alloys, Phase 1 16valve wheels for sure.

The baby walker is correct for a P1 valver as are the bumpers, but since it's an 8Valve then it's a bit erronious anyway!
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...