Rare BX19rd Auto, early S2, D reg

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
ren16tx
This weeks BX legend
This weeks BX legend

Rare BX19rd Auto, early S2, D reg

Post by ren16tx »

Very rare D reg BX19 rd Auto, early mk2 BX, red,
Machanicly very good, was running several months ago,now garaged,needs some work on hydralic pipes at front,and some bodywork,
this is a rare BX model, needs to be saved,may not be the fastest BX! but so what!
sold as a project car, not for breaking,can be seen running, car in Farnborough, Hants, £100
(ex stuart hedges car)
chris 07834 620315
GSA X1,GSA estate, GSA PALLAS C-matic,Simca 1100,Renault 16TX auto, yellow Visa super E, wanted mk1 bx!
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

Well worth a look. this one. It looks a bit of a shed but I'd say it just needs lots of small jobs rather than anything major. The hydraulic work Chris refers to is Octopus - I'd say the whole lot wants doing as it sprang two leaks while I had it. This is easier and cheaper than most people think though.

Slow, but it drove right and had bags of character.

Jonthan, are you still looking for something to take to uni? This might be an idea - leave the cosmetics as they are, and you won't even notice if it gets vandalised.
jonathan_dyane
BXpert

Post by jonathan_dyane »

stuart_hedges wrote: Jonthan, are you still looking for something to take to uni? This might be an idea - leave the cosmetics as they are, and you won't even notice if it gets vandalised.
Well I was (and would always be happy to have another BX) but I've gone for Plan G which involves converting my GSA to run on LPG...
"Boring damned people. All over the earth. Propagating more boring damned people. What a horror show. The earth swarmed with them." -Charles Bukowski
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

Chris has asked me to post pictures from my time with this car, so here goes.

All taken from here. I haven't seen the car for a year, this is what it looked like then. The tailblazer has, sadly, gone (spread all over the A26 by an impatient estate agent in a Subaru).

Chris, does it still have that full service history? And can I assume the MoT's run out if it's garaged?
ren16tx
This weeks BX legend
This weeks BX legend

Post by ren16tx »

This BX realy needs to go now, i realy don't want to scrap her,buts its costing me £100 amonth to rent the garage its in, and want to give the garage up,
£50 take her away!
chris
GSA X1,GSA estate, GSA PALLAS C-matic,Simca 1100,Renault 16TX auto, yellow Visa super E, wanted mk1 bx!
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

In the spirit of the Forum, I feel compelled to comment... lol

£100 a month!!!!!!?????????

Where have you got it garaged?

PLEASE don't take this the wrong way but...This is a giveaway job! £50? :shock: You would've got more than that a while ago (OK at a scrappers!) and saved yourself a couple of hundred quid too.

Or am I missing something? Sorry if I am!
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
ren16tx
This weeks BX legend
This weeks BX legend

Post by ren16tx »

i know! its been a "out of site,out of mind" case!! and the garage is full of parts too, there's a small driveway where i had another car,which was stolen by pikies! and now im living away from garage,i just don't need it anymore or the expence!!
the BX realy deserves a good home!
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Fair play to you. With the garage costing that much many people would have weighed this in a while back. I hope it finds a home and quickly too, deserves being looked after imho.
Vauxhall apologist.
ren16tx
This weeks BX legend
This weeks BX legend

Post by ren16tx »

some one please save me :( :cry:
Aerodynamica
BXpert

Post by Aerodynamica »

jonathan_dyane wrote:
stuart_hedges wrote: Jonthan, are you still looking for something to take to uni? This might be an idea - leave the cosmetics as they are, and you won't even notice if it gets vandalised.
Well I was (and would always be happy to have another BX) but I've gone for Plan G which involves converting my GSA to run on LPG...
lol Plan G from outer space!

I'm rooting for you with regards to the GSA LPG conversion - the concept wholly pissez on both my LPG systems as the G is a slightly harder mod.

I'd be glad to help with it (with advice at least) as I'd really like to see a gassed G. It has certainly been done in NL before as I have a Citroen video from Holland that's all about sphere regassing and a dude turns up in a GSA Pallas and has his balls done :lol: thenwise, an under bonnet bit of footage clearly shows an LPG vapouriser unit! This film was from like 1985 or somesuch so it is totally possible to gas a GSA.

G
Graeme M

CX 2400 Pallas LPG
2CV6 dolly (SORNed)
Mk1 Xantia 1.9TD SX

'c'est hydropneumatique'
Aerodynamica
BXpert

Post by Aerodynamica »

ren16tx wrote:some one please save me :( :cry:
- I'm trying not to notice that it looks to be the same colour as mine and I need a set of new doors (well, I need one N/S rear door) :cry:

Someone save this shed pleez
Graeme M

CX 2400 Pallas LPG
2CV6 dolly (SORNed)
Mk1 Xantia 1.9TD SX

'c'est hydropneumatique'
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

Aerodynamica wrote: I need a set of new doors (well, I need one N/S rear door)
Just realised... I'm breaking a 1986 red BX at the moment. The doors are all in reasonably serviceable condition, and will probably match Cyril.

Want them? 4 BX doors will easily fit in the back of a BX with the seats folded down.
this might be a signature
jonathan_dyane
BXpert

Post by jonathan_dyane »

Aerodynamica wrote:
jonathan_dyane wrote:I've gone for Plan G which involves converting my GSA to run on LPG...
lol Plan G from outer space!

I'm rooting for you with regards to the GSA LPG conversion - the concept wholly pissez on both my LPG systems as the G is a slightly harder mod.
I will see the LPG project through, but it has very much gone on the back burner for now, particularly given that I have now sold my GSA, and my other G, which will make a lovely car (and I might have to convert back to it's original C-matic spec; when was the last time you saw a C-matic GS estate?) requires a lot more bodywork before it gets to the conversion stage. I will do it though!
"Boring damned people. All over the earth. Propagating more boring damned people. What a horror show. The earth swarmed with them." -Charles Bukowski
ren16tx
This weeks BX legend
This weeks BX legend

Post by ren16tx »

:oops: FINAL CHANCE TO SAVE ME!!! :lol:
im about to arrange the scrap man to collect this ultra rare BX! i don't want to do it, but have now given garage up,car now in drive awaiting rescue/scrap man!!!!! THIS IS YOUR FINAL CHANCE! Has to be worth having for spares alone??
Aerodynamica
BXpert

Post by Aerodynamica »

DavidRutherford wrote:
Aerodynamica wrote: I need a set of new doors (well, I need one N/S rear door)
Just realised... I'm breaking a 1986 red BX at the moment. The doors are all in reasonably serviceable condition, and will probably match Cyril.

Want them? 4 BX doors will easily fit in the back of a BX with the seats folded down.
- that's very kind Mr. R. I'd be keen on these doors. If I'm not being too impertinent I'd just like to ask how dent free they are - this being my higher criterion. Being Mk2 doors will they have the same lock catches etc (not that I can't change them of course) Do they have electric windows and locks?
Graeme M

CX 2400 Pallas LPG
2CV6 dolly (SORNed)
Mk1 Xantia 1.9TD SX

'c'est hydropneumatique'