Only possibly...

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Only possibly...

Post by docchevron »

Ok, since I actually cannot give the bloody Bristol away for free, and 132 is busy consuming a third world debt, and I still need to repay dad a large chunk of cash he leant me to buy the bloody thing in the forst place i am considering, and ONLY considering at this stage selling the valver, if there's any interest.

It's done 20K miles since a MAJOR rebuild, then it had another major rebuild 2K miles ago as seen in teh blog.

It aint the smartest BX of EVAH, but structurally and mechanically I really dont think you'd find a better one.
The engines got 20K miles on it, it was built by me.
It's probably the best D6C you will ever hear. It does exactley what they should and sounds the bollocks frankly.
It's had a cambelt and tensioners every 10K miles (now on it's third), the oil (good quality, not shit) has been changed every 3K miles, the anti-freeze has been changed annually, the plugs every 3K miles as are all the filters.
It has only EVER been run on proper high octae fuel, at no time ever has it had anything less than 99RON in it.
The gearbox is slick and works perfectley.
It had all new struts, wheel bearings, radius arm bearings, F-R HP pipes (kunifer of course, non of that steel shit), it has 4 brand new tyres, discs and pads all round, bottom ball joints, hand brake cables, rear subframe mounts, re-con steering rack, new HP pump, new hardy spicer joint, spheres, genuine splitter front pipe, genuine PSA back box, Leather (needs some stitching TBH) a large amount of re-wiring, an enormous amount of welding to anything that needed it, all fuel pipes are new, TRE's, er, in short, every last fucking thing on the car has been replaced, rebuilt or sorted to a bloody high standard.
This car owes me over £20k.

IF, and it's a bit of a big IF right now, but IF I let it go, how much could I realistically expect to get for it do ya reckon?
Would £1500 be taking the piss?
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
Matt H
1K Away

Post by Matt H »

Jesus... :shock: Give me a couple of months and I'll give you £1500 for it. This is my dream BX... and I can't see a better Black P2 coming along any time soon.

I can't believe you could bring yourself to sell it, but I guess needs must an all...

Sorry to hear about your injury doc :cry:
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

I heard you were a bit out of sorts Chris but I didn't think you were this far gone!! Even considering selling it mate - you need a check up from the neck-up :D
Especially for a BUS! ( Not the best thing to say to a bus enthusiast) If it was freeing up $$$$s but let's be really honest it takes a bit of effort to get a grand together but it's not really much money, especially after all that blood, sweat and tears expended.
Sit down, pour yourself a pint of Lager, and book yourself a nice holiday somewhere..
Todd

this yellow writing is really hard to read
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

Its a crying shame, but then you know what you gotta do. Chris already has one BX, which is his baby. More so than the valver. And I know the amount of blood, sweat and tears poured into the car is probably the only other car to recieve more than mine (well, maybe Vanny's too :lol: )

£1500 is a fair price. Don't usually say this about BX's as I'd buy it cheap and repair it but this is worth it, and don't get me wrong....it needs prettying up if you want a mint one. But mechanically, I don't think better exists and thats the best base of all. And I can say that having been a passenger in it for a reasonable length of time (and manouvering it about 20yds!)

If I had the money, I'd buy it and put all the parts on mine. It'd be a crying shame for the car, but I'd make mine perfect at least! :P

Hopefully you won't need to sell it buddy. I still can't believe you prize that Lance thing higher than the Bristol....thats what surprises me the most :lol:
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Dont get wrong Kitch, I've had the Bristol for 10 years, and put a bit of effort and a huge amount of cash into it.
But when it gets to the stage where the weekly outgoings consistantly exceed the weekly income then things have to give!
I'd love to keep all the cars and the Bristol, but realistically it'll be another 10 years before I got round to doing anything much with the Bristol, and 10 years is a long time for things to deteriorate!

I do rather have a thing for the Lance, it's a bit odd I know, but I really really love that thing, however fucked it is!

I still rather like the irony that the Bristol is 39 years old, and in bloody good nick underneath, and the Lance is the newest vehicle I own, and is totally mullered!

I'll no doubt change my mind about the car 3000000000000 times before the end of the week.
But it is only a car, and as you rightly point out, the TD is my baby, the valver was a toy and a project. I like it ALOT, but it'll never be the TD.
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Understand where your coming from matey, Ive been in that situation many times, hence why Ive just gotten rid of my project SD1 as I needed the money to pay my council tax :shock: , and have considered many a time on getting rid of the 16v but its not worth it.

Hope your find a loving home for it.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Worth £1500 of anyone's money Doc, now and forever. I would honestly bet there are a few people out there trying to get that money together to snatch your hands off before you change your mind.
Surely there's a way of flogging the Bristol off somehow? Pm details (as much as possible) and I'll see what I can do.
Vauxhall apologist.