BX Body Panels.

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Brian King
BX 4x4 Owner. Brave.

BX body panels

Post by Brian King »

Wait a minute. Has nobody heard of bargaining? If you don't like the price, offer a lower one and see if the buyer accepts. I have bought quite a few items from Roy and have found him to be straightforward decent and honest throughout. He has also thrown in lots of bits for free.
demag
BXpert

Post by demag »

Yes I also bought some bits and bobs off Roy without problem.
Dave.

2004 C5 Exclusive Estate 2.2hdi automatic.
1990 Bx TGS automatic.
roy.hassell
BXpert

Debacle

Post by roy.hassell »

Nice to hear how some others see me and thanks for giving me your time.
Roy.
roy.hassell
BXpert

Body Parts.

Post by roy.hassell »

Just so my detractors know, a posting which I completed explaining more in detail I have lost, which had I been a bit more competent with the keyboard, you could have all read and done your thing.
However, it is lost and I have no intention of wasting any more of my time on this subject other than to say,
1) a pm has been sent to Kitch, sorry its brief and to the point but my posting would have explained more.
2) after Kitch has decided whether or not he wants the requested bits, what is left like the doors, glass, central locking, electric window mechanism, windscreen, HRW., Panels, etc., are withdrawn from sale and no longer available as they will be sent to the scrappers.

Enough is Enough !!!!!!!!!!
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Roy, what are you on about? I thought everything was calm now? Are you saying once Kitch has deided if he's buying anything you're just going to bin the rest regardless? That's how it looks from what you have posted and if so then you're post about your 'opportunity to sell' and 'don't tell me the average person would do any different' is a mockery isn't it?
As way2go rightly said the spirit is to give stuff away where possible, and now you're saying what Kitch doesn't want you're going to withdraw from sale and put straight into scrap?
Well Iif I have got the above right then pelase feel free to chuck every last part you have into scrap (and even take pictures of the bits being crushed if you like) because I'd be very surprised if anyone batted an eye lid. There are still hundred of BX cars and thousands of BX parts out there and frankly I'd sooner walk than be held to ransom over spares.

Now, listen carefully as I'm only going to say this bit once: If I have got the above wrong and that wasn't what you meant/intended/said then I unreservedly and wholeheartedly apologise.
Vauxhall apologist.
mountainmanUK

Post by mountainmanUK »

@Roy Hassell
As for BX ownership, that is now a closed chapter in my life after driving nothing else for the past 10+ years of my life as a daily driver and having covered in excess of 150K miles in various models.
IIRC, this is almost verbatim the "announcement" that you made BEFORE buying the Gti from Gyp? Your BX-owning days were over....yes?

I believe from Gyp's posts when the car was still in his ownership, that he was offering it to the Club membership as "spare or repair", with the hope that any new owner would at least TRY to bring the car back into service, before consigning it to the cubing machine! All of which is entirely within the spirit of this Club.

So.......am I wrong in assuming that you bought (?) the Gti from Gyp with the SPECIFIC INTENTION of offering it for sale yourself, in pieces, on a "remove it yourself" basis? If that is the case, then all your advertising on these forums (and there have been many, many, of them!) have been purely for the intentions of making a profit for yourself, rather than by joining in the spirit of this Club?

Alright, I know you will say that you "offered" all the pieces of the GTi to the membership before scrapping it, but it seems to me that your primary reason for doing so was to line your pockets. It is only since your pricings etc. have been questioned by several members (including myself), that you would appear to have "spat your dummy" and decided to weigh in whatever remains of the GTi. Should I also now presume that you feel that you have already made enough profit from your purchase, and that you will save yourself a lot of bother by simply dumping the remainder of the car for the "going rate"?

I know that the car is/was yours to do with as you will....but it appears that you have simply been using membership of this Club as a "business market", and I am sure that I am not alone in feeling that there is something basically WRONG with that.

I appreciate that your "sales" have indeed benefitted a few of our members, myself included (I will have to arrange something with Kitch soon! :wink: ), but throughout your posting "history" on this Forum your Number 1 aim would seem to have been profiteering for yourself.

I'm sorry if this post seems a bit harsh, and most definitely "out of character" for me, but to quote Old Bill Shakespeare.......there is something "rotten in the state of Denmark" (Hamlet!).

If I am totally wrong and out of order by this post, I will fully understand if Jon or M decide to delete it. Also, my apologies to anyone that I may have unintentionally offended.

Regards,

Dave