Souriau Diagnostic unit

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Souriau Diagnostic unit

Post by Vanny »

I have a Souriau diagnostic unit available. Includes printer (26B) and emmisions tester (2670). Emmisions tester needs a service, disgnostic unit needs it control cards sorting out.

Offers around £50, must be collected from Liverpool, weekends only, show interest within 2 weeks or its getting scrapped.
Jaba
1K Away
My Cars: BX GTi, C3 Auto

Post by Jaba »

Vanny
What does it actually do. You say it needs sorting out. Does it work at all ?
The Joy of BX with just one Citroën BX to my name now. Will I sing Bye Bye to my GTI or will it be Till death us do part.
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

Well the emmisions unit tests vehicle emmisions. But you probably guessed that, the unit does work to some extent, it powers on, goes through its heating cycle, calibrates its self and then shows thta its ready to use. Hit the button to use it and it displays a lengthy message that it needs a service and provides a number to phone that is both out of date and the company it refers to sold the servicing contract to another company. After all the complication of finding someone who would deal with it i gave up. Fundamentally however it works and just needs its service counter resetting.

The emmisions tester also connects to the printer allowing the emmisions results to be printed out. However the printer is missing its innards and the actual zebra printer is not contained, they are pretty easy to get hold of (typically around £15 on eBay).

The diagnostic unit is just that, it has numerous testing probes and cables which connect to the test vehicle and it can analyse faults. The display talks you through step by step what to do and then displays the findings, which can then be printed out. It covers all models from the 2cv to the XM (what the hell it can test on a 2CV i dont know, 'is engine present' 'yes'). However the expansion pack add on cards are missing (guess how long it took to find that out) and they contain the english language profile. At the moment it doesnt boot without the language cards BUT it is possible to either convert the unit to take EEPROMS rather than the cards, OR remove the expansions podule and use direct access language eproms in the mother board. Fortunately i know a man who has talked me through all of the process.

Part of me would like to keep the machines, but i havent the space and can't cart them round any more so they will soon be meeting there maker.

I do have ALL of the cables (and some duplicates) along with a manaul and copies of the various eproms and tech data on some of the chips.