For sale - AX 1.5 diesel, £400 with T&T

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
djoptix
BXpert

For sale - AX 1.5 diesel, £400 with T&T

Post by djoptix »

With much regret I am offering my 1.5 diesel up for sale - I'm getting married and we're going down to one car, this is my only reason for selling.

The car is a 5 door Debut in dark blue, M reg (1995), and it has 136k on the clock. Since I've owned it (18 months) it has been my daily driver and has been almost 100% reliable, the exception being when the driveshaft bearing in the fuel/injection pump failed, after which the pump was replaced. It has never ever failed to start first time. It gets around 60mpg. The car is taxed until November and MOTd until next summer (June I think).

The outside is generally in good condition, various dents and scratches but the paintwork is good and not faded. There is almost no rust on the car - none in the boot floor, none round the filler cap, slight surface rust behind the headlamps (but I always wipe this area with sump oil after an oil change and this seems to have kept the rust at bay nicely). Notable bodywork bad points are listed below. The car has never been welded as far as I can see, none required for last MOT and I can see no reason why it should need any for the next one.

When I bought the car I replaced both rear wheel cylinders, as lack of use had done for the seals. The whole brake system was bled at this time and the fluid renewed, and replacement front calipers fitted as the bleed nipples on the old ones were broken off. For the last MOT it had a replacement fuel/injection pump and new rear brake shoes.

Good stuff

Awful poverty-spec front seats replaced with 106 items.
Rear seat replaced with firmer 3-door item.
Steering wheel replaced with Mk2 GT item.
Pool ball gear knob!
Blaupunkt CD/radio head unit with remote control.
Front pov-spec speakers replaced with Pioneer items.
Sub in boot, fed with +12v from cigarette lighter (will be sold with car).
Rare "Chicago" alloys with good tyres all round.
Uprated battery (it's huge!).
Straight front wiper.
Factory-fit single wiper conversion, of course!

Bad stuff

Panel fit on offside rear door is off due to attempted break-in (pictures to follow), though it's not too obvious and it doesn't leak.
Roof dent at rear due to same break-in (twats!).
Heater blower only works on "full" - my 106 had this problem too!
Nearside rear door doesn't open from the outside, and the rear door lock buttons are missing (though you can still work the locks, it's just fiddly).

Questions welcome, and pictures will be added this afternoon. Car is located in Manchester. £400.
Good heavens! My signature's been moderated...
djoptix
BXpert

Post by djoptix »

Now with pictures;

M

Post by M »

If anyone buys this I have a spare wheel with very good tread that can be had for free too - and Im just a bit furtehr up (or down) the M6
djoptix
BXpert

Post by djoptix »

Will take a mere £375.
M

Post by M »

Have you tried FCF? or the dreadded bay of E - I bet you would get more n the bay.

Taxed - check
Tested - check
Small car - Check
Cheap road tax - Check
Diesel - Ding ding ding, stop the clock....

Ticks all the current boxes for people wanting small economical motors.

Possibly better to advertise it better than this
djoptix
BXpert

Post by djoptix »

You're probably right mate. Now on eGhey.