BX Bits For Sale.

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
roy.hassell
BXpert

BX Bits For Sale.

Post by roy.hassell »

Afternoon to one and all,
I have over recent weeks offered a number of items for sale and for those who have requested it, provided a full list of all the BX Bits I have for Sale.
There have been some of you who have been quite happy with my ' style/methods ' and purchases made, and some of you who have got quite agitated over it and my ' style/methods ' without having made any purchases.
Perhaps if anyone wants to express agitation a pm might be better, although I have no personal problem with it in open forum any more, as I fear you will do more harm to the feelings within the forum than good. However I have been wrong in the past and probably wrong again this time.
My detractors will probably say I am trying to drive it underground.
That I am not !
Just think of ALL that READ it, not just you and me.
Thank you for reading this,
Roy.

p.s. I will not be renewing my CCC membership for 2009 as a result.
mountainmanUK

Post by mountainmanUK »

p.s. I will not be renewing my CCC membership for 2009 as a result
Me neither! :lol: (but nothing at all to do with this!)
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Re: BX Bits For Sale.

Post by cavmad »

roy.hassell wrote: p.s. I will not be renewing my CCC membership for 2009 as a result.
As a result of what sorry Roy?
Vauxhall apologist.
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

I shant be renewing either but it also has nothing to do with this place, especially since BXClub has no official affiliation with the CCC anyway..
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
M

Post by M »

I binned my membership years ago - it just want my bag at all.
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

i havent renewed for a couple of years as the CCC is a bit rubbish, actually i cant envisage it lasting too long unless there is a serious attitude shift. But what has that got to do with the BXClub? I mean there might be more BX owners in the CCC if it wasn't for the wonderfully open and same minded people on here but that is about all.
Aerodynamica
BXpert

Post by Aerodynamica »

What's up with the CCC club? I went to all but one of the rallies this summer (first time ever) and found them friendly and the cars interesting - mind you I do make an effort to meet all the owners and hear about their cars - I'm genuinely interested in them. Met some BXers at CCC's national rally and again at the CX rally last week and forged some friendships there. Just wonder what the attitude shift should be.
Graeme M

CX 2400 Pallas LPG
2CV6 dolly (SORNed)
Mk1 Xantia 1.9TD SX

'c'est hydropneumatique'
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

oh dont get me wrong, i still turn upto the CCC meets and fork out a fortune for absolutley no apparent benefits, but i tend to meet up with people from here and other well supported open forums. The general attitude of the CCC leadership is that 'modern Citroens' have no place in there club. For example threatening to throw younger members out at 10pm for being 'rowdy' while sat in the back of a van chatting is typical of what i was warned about. Even there 'locked up super tight' forum is a horrible place to be, i once asked a question about a H-van and came very close to being hunted out and hung. Its not worth the £30 membership tax thats for sure
Aerodynamica
BXpert

Post by Aerodynamica »

That's a shame - I guess I've not been a member long enough? Anyway, usually at rallies there's a designated roudy / quiet area or was that just at the 2CV world meeting? Well , I'll go to the rallies next year and will stay up late drinking as usual, I'll also mingle normally with the moderns and olds alike. I might be BX less at present but it's one of my favourite models and I'm hoping to acquire a BX again this year fingers crossed..
Graeme M

CX 2400 Pallas LPG
2CV6 dolly (SORNed)
Mk1 Xantia 1.9TD SX

'c'est hydropneumatique'
M

Post by M »

Vanny wrote:The general attitude of the CCC leadership is that 'modern Citroens' have no place in there club. For example threatening to throw younger members out at 10pm for being 'rowdy' while sat in the back of a van chatting is typical of what i was warned about.
My experience exactly. Not my bag at all - Im not dissing the CCC, I know some very nice members, but I remember one chap at the NEC one year giving us a right verbal bashing for wearing BXC t-shirts saying that there was no room for anything other than the CCC amd the BX wasn't old enough to be at the NEC. That particular year the CCC stand consisted of about eleventy million Tractions and one SM and nothing else.

Now 2CVGB on the other hand is a totally different kettle of fish and despite not having any air cooled madness in my life I remain a member of the club.