**Wanted: OS front and rear doors (Estate)**

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Already had a chat its the later very light silver blue colour but worth a bid for £1!, Thanks.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

Thanks, Mark, for posting the thread and thanks to everyone else for the quick responses! I knew you guys would find something suitable and cheer me up a bit.

What happened was, the guy managed to pull into the side of me from a side road. He did pull in and apologise, saying he'd seen me, but thought I'd gone all the way past. I hadn't. To be fair, the road layouts in the area are truly appalling. I drove round there later in the day, and it is a confusing junction. I'm currently collecting quotes from various places and will send them on to him later in the week.

Here's the damage; it's not quite as bad as it looks, as the front door isn't shut properly. Nevertheless, the driver's door is scrap, and the rear door needs work. The rear wing has been pushed in a tiny bit - not enough to rub on the rear wheel. If you look closely, you can see that my elderly grandmother was in the car with me when it happened. She took it extremely well though, just shrugged it off.

The rear wheel is scuffed, but fortunately the tyre - which only had a few thousand miles on it - isn't damaged.

A closer look. Again, the door isn't shut so not quite as bad as it looks.

If you click through to Flickr and look at my map, I've placed the photos exactly where it happened.

Amusingly, someone drove into my sister's ZX during the night and pushed the rear wing on that up against the wheel. My crash happened about three hours after she rang me up to tell me about it...
mnde
Meteor Man
My Cars: 2007 Citroen Xsara Picasso 1.6 16V VTX
1982 Citroen GSA Spécial Estate - gone to a new home
1991 Citroen BX16 TGS Meteor - still out there somewhere!

Post by mnde »

Stop saying it's not as bad as it looks! Seriously, I think you're being far too chilled about the whole thing! :lol: :lol: Okay, the driver's door still shuts normally, but what about the bent windowframe which meant initially you couldn't open the window properly?

I just hope you don't have a problem with his insurance company trying to say it's not worth repairing because it'll cost more than the car's "worth".... :roll:

Oh, and PM on it's way.

Cheers,

Mark.
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

Well, there's no point getting upset about it. I'm all right, Grandma's all right and the car will be all right - compared to what happened last year it's just a tap!

I'm not planning to go down the insurance route unless the guy fails to cough up as he's promised. They would simply try to write the car off, and I can't be bothered to have the fight that would ensue.
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

Guess what? No response from the bloke who ran into me. He's ignoring my calls and emails. Noice.

Just spoken to my insurance company, and I'm not planning on going down that road either. If they don't catch him, it will affect my NCB and I will have to pay the excess - so it will be cheaper to do the work myself.

I've already sourced a front door (thanks for the heads-up Phil!) which will be fitted next time I go to visit David. The rear one isn't so bad, but I would like to get it sorted so can I ask you to please keep your eyes open for a rear right-side door in Olympic Blue. Bear in mind also the wide rubbing strips it's wearing. Many thanks!
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Bastard.
Any idea where he lives?
Or any contact details, I'll send the boys round.

Eyes are peeled mate.
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

Just a small update on this.

The Drivers door that Stuart got from Edwards was unfortunately a much lighter shade of blue, and once cleaned up wasn't in as good condition as hoped. Although it should have been the same colour, I suspect it has faded badly over the years.

Thus, he is still on the lookout for a pair of decent olympic blue offside doors. Anything will be considered, as the alternative (spraying the pair of good-but-the-wrong-colour doors I have here) is rather expensive.
this might be a signature