Two Bx's for sale.

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
demag
BXpert

Two Bx's for sale.

Post by demag »

http://club-xm.com/forum2/index.php?showtopic=3943

Two Bx's for sale on the Xm forum. Piccies of one on Car and classic website. Looks nice.
Dave.

2004 C5 Exclusive Estate 2.2hdi automatic.
1990 Bx TGS automatic.
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

Just got sucked in to Club XM following that link ( was that a cunning plan??)- it's a whole other world out there. Safely back on BX terra firma.. had the thought that XMs really are just big Zantias. Total style by-pass on the interiors too. Anyway, back on topic. ^^bx>
Todd

this yellow writing is really hard to read
demag
BXpert

Post by demag »

You know what they say Todd. One mans meat is another mans poison. Hope you enjoyed the trip :wink:

Its the "modern" Citroens I have trouble with, you know Xsara, C5. Totally soulless.

The Xm still retains some of that Citroen differentness! :lol: And I've found the coathangers now!

Still looking for the cup holders though. :D
Dave.

1990 Bx TGS automatic.
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

I actually do like XMs - especially the rear quarter view. I find them slightly daunting as an ownership prospect however, having witnessed the clutch change operation. I also think that for me the interior would be overwhelming, seeing as I've only got wind-up windows and electric nothing.
Glad you found the coat hook - does it automatically remove your coat when you get in? :D
Todd

this yellow writing is really hard to read
demag
BXpert

Post by demag »

Yes I think a knackered clutch has seen quite a few otherwise good Xm's scrapped. They reckon about £1500 for a 2.5td :? . Labour is about 40 hours. It's supposed to be an engine and subframe out job but I have heard that by lowering the back of the subframe it is possible to move the box out of the way enough to change the clutch. They are supposed to be good for about 150k.

No no we don't want automatic coat removers that would be something else to go wrong! :lol:
Dave.

1990 Bx TGS automatic.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

demag wrote:You know what they say Todd. One mans meat is another mans poison. Hope you enjoyed the trip :wink:

Its the "modern" Citroens I have trouble with, you know Xsara, C5. Totally soulless.

The Xm still retains some of that Citroen differentness! :lol: And I've found the coathangers now!

Still looking for the cup holders though. :D
Agreed. Still plan to buy a properly working XM on the road one fine day. A neighbour has a C5 saloon and in all honesty I'd struggle to find a car I can think of that's as dull and boring looking as the C5.
Vauxhall apologist.