J reg BX turbo diesel estate TZD £250 ono

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
talbotsteve
Confirmed BX'er

J reg BX turbo diesel estate TZD £250 ono

Post by talbotsteve »

I've recently taken on a Xantia for work so my BX is for sale. She has had in the last 2 months a new windscreen and clutch, and in the last 15,000 miles a head gasket and cam belt. She runs sweet as a nut and always starts first time.
She has no MOT or TAX, and has 180,000 miles on her, the only rot is on the rear drivers quater behind the bumper, also the rear boot hinge has been welded due to a bit of rot but this is now ok.
The reason i changed the clutch is i snapped 2 clutch cables due to it being heavy, though never slipped once. It still needs the clutch cable fitting however as my hands are just too big to get in behind the turbo plumbing!!!!
It also will need a front hub as two of the bolt holes are rounded off, i was too heavy handed with a windy gun. Other bad points, the rev counter doesn't work and i've fitted a bonnet vent for the turbo intercooler, also a wee dent in the roof from the fitting of a roof box many years ago.
£250 takes my precious away, i've always loved this car but i cannot afford to spend any more on her, it will break my heart to see her go but i won't scrap her or sell her for scrap!!!
Good points, shes got a tow bar, new screen, new clutch, and a recent head gasket, good seats
Please someone buy her and put her back on the road, because thats where she belongs........Thanks for looking,
Steve
Email FORRESTMSPORT@AOL.COM
talbotsteve
Confirmed BX'er

Post by talbotsteve »

Also she is now on xantia steels, and there is a little dent in the drivers door where the wind caught it and it hit the door stopper. Any more i think of i will post......
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Tidy looking car Steve but with respect I think the price is a bit out of bed. Would it not be worth putting a full MOT on it mate? You'd see a very decent return if you did I reckon.
Vauxhall apologist.
talbotsteve
Confirmed BX'er

Post by talbotsteve »

If i mot'd her she wouldn't be forsale but i just don't have the money or time, I just figured with all the good bits some one would have a very easy project..........
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

I sympathise. But in the end, a BX with no MOT is by and large hard to give away let alone sell. My advice would be to invite offers over a ton and see if anyone bites. The terrible truth I'm afraid.... :cry:
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Lovely looking car Steve, no denying it.
Vauxhall apologist.
talbotsteve
Confirmed BX'er

Post by talbotsteve »

Thanks, she has been a labour of love there is no getting away from that...
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

I'm not trying to insult your erstwhile efforts! I does indeed look nice and tidy. I wondered what the alloys on there were (I appreciate X*N@Ia steelies are on there now)? They suit the BX well.

Those scoops on the bonnet, I imagine they help with getting cool air to the intercooler and so on, how are they with keeping water and crap out of there? (Intrigued).
jonathan_dyane
BXpert

Post by jonathan_dyane »

Philip Chidlow wrote: It does indeed look nice and tidy. I wondered what the alloys on there were (I appreciate X*N@Ia steelies are on there now)? They suit the BX well.
Pretty sure that the alloys are ZX 16 valve.
"Boring damned people. All over the earth. Propagating more boring damned people. What a horror show. The earth swarmed with them." -Charles Bukowski
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Yup ZX 16v wheels, very rare too.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Bonnet scoops do work well too. Ask Stewart (are you still there Stewart?) and others.
Vauxhall apologist.
talbotsteve
Confirmed BX'er

Post by talbotsteve »

Philip Chidlow wrote:I'm not trying to insult your erstwhile efforts! I does indeed look nice and tidy. I wondered what the alloys on there were (I appreciate X*N@Ia steelies are on there now)? They suit the BX well.

Those scoops on the bonnet, I imagine they help with getting cool air to the intercooler and so on, how are they with keeping water and crap out of there? (Intrigued).
Yep 16v ZX alloys, absolutely gorgeous wheels, which when i can afford some tyres will go on my xantia, or back on the BX if she doesn't go.....

Just occasionally get leaves on top of the intercooler, but any water just drips straight through and out the underneath of the car so spot on really.

Prior to fitting i used to see about 35 mpg on our local roads but now regularly see 39-41 mpg, and she feels a lot more eager.
I could never see the point of dragging cold air over the top of a warm radiator and engine bay, when cold air directly aimed at the intercooler is what really works.

The smaller vent is for a foam air filter, it can be very wet with lots of localised flooding up here, and regular horror stories of hydraulic-ed peugeot citroen diesels were told due to sucking up water, so i figured move it from the poor bottom position and put it top left at the end of the inlet plumbing.....

Cheers Steve
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Good stuff. Best of luck finding a worthy buyer! 8)