1998 Xsara 1.9 TD SX A/C 5dr

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

1998 Xsara 1.9 TD SX A/C 5dr

Post by Kitch »

The Xsara's for sale now, purely because I've been given a 106 diesel which will be cheaper to run, as I don't need 5 doors or turbo grunt. I thought I'd advertise it on here first incase someone needs a decent motor before it goes in the trader.

Those who know me know I bought it recently as a daily hack. So far its been perfect at that, including my holiday run to Gatwick and back.

I bought the car with little MOT and no tax, and have since added a years MOT to it. It's also taxed until Feburary. I can sell with or without tax, as without I will subtract the cost of the tax from the overall price.

For those not sure, its a 1998 SX model, which means remote locking/alarm, electric windows, PAS, Air Con (Climate control) and velour seats (slightly plusher than basic Xsaras...imagine TZD spec) It's got the good old 1.9TD lump which uses no oil or water and runs cool all day long. It goes well, strong turbo, no clonks from the gearbox or suspension, sharp brakes....it drives A1.

Infact it's a very straight car. No dents that I've seen, the odd scratch here and there but overall very good, not just for it's age either. It's covered 169k, but although it's a cliche...you really wouldn't believe it, and I mean that.

Everything works, except the N/S electric mirror (they only have one) which has a dicky switch.
Air con did work (gods honest truth!) but ran of of gas over a week or so. I doubt it's ever been regassed! It is suppose to be having one don, but the guy hasn't got back to me.
Only other thing is that the glow plugs are a bit tired. Light works as it should, but cold mornings are an amusingly smokey experience. Great if you hate the neighbours! Once it's cleared it's throat, it's happy as Larry!

Overall, it's great! Its not exciting in the slightest, but it's a tidy car and it'll do someone a good turn. If I hadn't acquired this 106, I'd keep it as was the plan.

I got the car for a good price due to the lack of ticket etc and am prepared to sell for a good price including the tax and MOT. Seeing as equally decent examples with average miles go for around £700-£800, I'm advertising it for £650 on here and FCF only. In the trader it'll be £795 and I don't think it'll hang around!

Cheers
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)