breaking bx 16v in nearly mint condition

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

BX Bandit wrote:
Kitch wrote:
Matt H wrote:Seriously... nobody wants that interior.
I'd stick it in the estate, but I've got Bandits TZD interior earmarked for that as truth be told, a more basic interior kinda fits it better seeing as its an old RD spec.
Bandits TZD interior is (and I quote) "More basic" :shock: You cheeky ****! :lol: Any news on my Knob? :P
Course it is, thats why you removed it! :lol: I have your knob here, somewhere. Should have given it to Doc really. Seen a family car in Mid Glamorgan that I really want to buy, so if I trek it to buy that I'll drop by with your bits.
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit
My Cars: Cars

Post by BX Bandit »

Kewl. What 'family' car dare I ask?
1990 BX 16V Platinum Grey
1990 BX TGD White
1960 Morris Minor Clarondon Grey
1971 Triumph 2000 Auto Valencia Blue
Kitch
Over 2k

Post by Kitch »

Normally I wouldn't go for a Mondy, especially as I've known people who've had problems.

However, these ones are a bit too special for the money to pass up on.[/img]

BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit

Post by BX Bandit »

You utter tart! I hope that'll be respectfully chavved up for the twins (named Chardonnay and Snowdrop) or (Wolf and Claw if they is blokes)
1990 BX TGD White
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Dear lord, wait until Doc sees that. He and I share the same special 'feeling' for Mk2 Mongdeos and it ain't a nice one!
Vauxhall apologist.
chriscarterstevens
BXpert

Post by chriscarterstevens »

i second that motion cavmad :!: :!: :!:

THEY AINT CALLED FORD FOR NOTHING ARE THEY :?: :?: :?:

never forget that :!:

bandit, excellent choice of names, if you needed a smaller car kitch, maybe a vauxhall chav-ette :lol:

excuse the cheek :!:
Cartman

1985 BX 19 GT
Matt H
1K Away

Post by Matt H »

Me thinks one of these might be more fun...

/\/\/\ - Look at that number plate!

Just don't expect to get more than 20 mpg out of one. They actually removed the fuel consumption readout from the facelifted models, because it was said to depress the owners :lol:

A ZT190 might be a tad more realistic, and they do sound good too.
chriscarterstevens
BXpert

Post by chriscarterstevens »

tis as close to a genuine british car as we can get now'days.

and a damn site more interesting and charismatic than a ford mundano.

end :!:
Cartman

1985 BX 19 GT
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

The Mondildo will be far better to drive on a daily basis, and much more reliable. 80's Fords were utter rubbish IMO, with Vauxhaul being a much better bet. Unfortunalely, 15 years later, Vauxhaul appear to have lost the plot and Ford were making much better cars. I'd always have a MK2 Cav over a Sierra any day, but the Mondeo was a much better car than the Vectra.

As for Rover, they went out of business for a very good reason.
this might be a signature
Matt H
1K Away

Post by Matt H »

DavidRutherford wrote:As for Rover, they went out of business for a very good reason.
What would that be then... There were hundreds of reasons when I last counted :wink:
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit

Post by BX Bandit »

I've worked for companies that supplied Rover, Range Rover, Nissan, Honda and Mitsubishi. In dealing with engineers and quality dept personnel, it was apparent as to why Rover failed. The attention to order by Nissan was enough to make me realise why Rover failed....then I saw Honda! Ultimate respect. If I ever buy a conventionally sprung car based on reliability....it'll be Honda.
1990 BX TGD White
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit

Post by BX Bandit »

I'll add Ford to the list above, and unless you've worked in automotive, then to say they were typically USA means not alot....
1990 BX TGD White
Kitch
Over 2k

Post by Kitch »

Right....

Anal Bandit: Something is only chavved if it's been chavved up. Chav's buy shit, especially shit that looks pricey when it ain't.
That Mondy is totally standard, and doesn't look like it cost alot. Chav's like Beemers and Mercs, not Mondeos (usually, but I'm sure I can add the exception to the rule :P )

Cavsad: Doc feels this way because he had to work on one....a fairly shite one as well. I can forgive him for this.
You thnk Vauxhalls are epic. I have therefore discounted your opinion totally. :wink:

jizzcarthorseheavings: Well, they're not really called Fix Or Repair Daily....thats just what some people think, same as some people refer to Citroens as Shitroens and Fiats: Found In A Tip, or Fix It Again Tony etc etc
They all stem from an era way before I was born where any car made in the UK was, as a general rule, totally shite.
For the record I had a Ford recently, a little Fiesta Zetec S...not the newer boxy one, the nicer older one. One of my favourite cars that.
Thanks for the suggestion of a smaller car (smaller making complete sense, what with having more than one baby!) but as cool as the chavvit wasn't, I'd prefer a car that I could sit in the drivers seat without it breaking through the rotten floor. Ta anyway :wink:

Matt: I do like the ZT260, but I already have one under powered noisy old fashioned V8, I do't need anothe with a tacky paintjob :lol:
However I do like the ZT190 alot. It is more expensive to buy, more common and more pricey to insure than the ST200, and theres always the Rover reliability shadow hanging over it.
However, I do like the ZT, it's safer than a Mondeo and it is still crackin value. I prefer the ST200 to the ZT, but I'd have a ZT over any other Mondeo, inlcuding the much duller ST24.
And yes, alot of ZT's start the reg "BX." Nothing to do with that being a Birmingham prefix, and them not being able to shift the cars and just registering them willy-nilly to anyone in the area!

Jizzy: Again, not quite. I feel a Noble is probably closer the mark, or the TVR sat in my garage (which has a combo of Vauxhall, Ford, Citroen, Rover, Chrysler parts etc)

David: I generally agree, and the mk2 Cav was a better car than a Sierra. The more recent Fords were good in the mid 90's, with late 80's/early 90's being pap years.

Bandit again: Yes, Jap cars are probably the best in the world. But god are they boring!!
And working in the trade as I have, I've noticed that the cars with the badges that are supposedly bullet proof (eg VW, Audi, Merc etc) aren't, and that the supposedly awful ones (Citroen, Fiat, Saab) aren't.
To be fair with Ford, you just can't generalise. They've got too many plants across the globe, too many fingers in too many pies and too many variants to be able to generalise them.
For example, the Galaxy was a turd. The Mk4 Fiesta was a gem. Both made at the same time too, just in different factorys by different people managed by different suits. :roll:

Right, thats me done for the night. I'm gonna go shout at somebody :lol:

Kitch
Over 2k

Post by Kitch »

I should have gone on to say that the Citroens/Fiats etc aren't as bad as people think

but my tiredness is getting the better of me

BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit

Post by BX Bandit »

/\ Wow! You must be out of breath! :lol: Good retort mate! A friend had a Modildo V6 - sounded lovely. Good choice mate, but I still expect ludicrous and pointless flappage, an utterly butterly pointless dump valve noise (even thou no turbo) and lots of led related illumination! :lol: :wink: And if FORD were of the Fix Or Repair Daily then they would of gone under by know, although they have huge over capacity.

>>^ >>^ >>^ >>^ >>^ >>^ >>^ >>^ >>^ >>^ >>^ >>^ >>^ >>^ >>^ >>^ >>^ >>^ >>^ >>^ >>^ >>^ >>^ >>^ >>^ >>^ :lol: 8) :wink:
1990 BX TGD White