Not a BX. Definately not a BX. Big 4x4 anyone?

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Not a BX. Definately not a BX. Big 4x4 anyone?

Post by cavmad »

1994 GMC Suburban 6.5TD eight seater 4x4 for sale. LHD, column change automatic. Tested April 2009, taxed until end of June 2009. Same tax rate as a normal 1.6 engined car (about £101.75 for six months) and won't get clobbered by the new tax hikes.
Had brakes done before I got it apparantly (no receipts for that though), a £1500 gearbox rebuild less than 25,000 miles ago and I've got some other receipts with it too.
Will tow anything you hitch it up too I reckon, recently pulled a 190E like it wasn't there, amazing tool and lots of uses.
Runs in 2WD but has 4wd with transfer box for off-roading etc, and has shed loads of torque, decent acceleration, masses of room inside and can get mid twenties mpg if you're sensible.
Private plate included (currently advertised with a number plate agency who will return £700 if they find a buyer) and car ready to roll.
Known faults are: cruise control temperamental apparantly (not tried it yet), couple of seats need a clean (will sort this) and the driver's inner door handle/pull thing feels a bit loose.
All in all a very tidy motor and well worth viewing.
For sale as it was bought as a temporary stop gap after I sold my recovery truck and I now need a smaller truck. Any inspection welcome, bring your licence and insurance for a test drive, car is near Chester, Cheshire and very close to M53/M56/A41/A55/A483 and easy reach of M6 North and South.

Yeah baby...!

*Might consider cheaper part-ex for w.h.y but will need to be really cheap/under book as will only be sold on and I'd prefer the cash.

£3,000 ono.

V5 due back in my name any day soon, car will not be sold until it arrives.
Vauxhall apologist.
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

V8 or 6 cyliner Billy?
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Good question Tim and ashamed to say I don't know the answer! I'll find out though. I have a feeling it's the V8 but don't take that as read just yet please.
Vauxhall apologist.
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

According to the tinternet its a VEEE 8! 8) Its only got 195bhp but enough torque to tow your house.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

It's probably got enough torque to tow the Queen Mary out of port, it's bloody mad!
Vauxhall apologist.
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

cavmad wrote:It's probably got enough torque to tow the Queen Mary out of port
:lol:

But not today with all it's external fixtures and shore based plumbing at Long Beach! :P

Hope you get a speedy sale Cav. :D
1991 BX19GTi Auto
nstarmore
BXpert

Post by nstarmore »

Well that's just freaking awesome, 430lb ft of torque!!

Would love it but can't afford to buy it/run it/riskmygentlemanpartswiththeotherhalf it, so definate no go for me!
Nic

- 1995 Xantia SX TD (daily hack)
- 1987 BX 16V (project)
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Cheers w2g!

Nstarmore you'd be surprised how good on fuel it is. I expect having such a big, lazy lump of an unstressed engine helps. Oh, and your missus would probably not be able to reach your nether regions as the front seats are so big they're in a different postcode!
Vauxhall apologist.
Geoffrey Gould
BXpert

Post by Geoffrey Gould »

OH boy, I could really p*ss off the neighbours with that. Sorry I would love it but can't afford it at the moment. Well TBH ever really.
Cheers.
Geoff.
1991 BX 1-7 td Auto.

I MAY NOT BE ALWAYS RIGHT BUT I AM
NEVER WRONG.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Vauxhall apologist.
Ian_Fearn
Spender lotta cash on Citroens

Post by Ian_Fearn »

Did this actually sell Billy? I've been after a Suburban for ages....
Over and out from me