Tashmans BX GTI 8v FOR SALE

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

velosolex50 wrote:C'mon, how many of us (outside the trade)have ever made a quid on a car really?
Not me.
It's a rare thing to break even, most of the time I make a massive loss.

Is there any other other issues with getting the cat to the mainland? Like import tax? I'm assuming not?

Also, £200 for a back box and battery? Fucking hell, things aint cheap on these islands are they!
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
Tashman

Post by Tashman »

I did say and etc, I have done plenty more then that to it. New oil filter n oil change, plugs and leads and much more.
BX GTI 8v 18,000 on clock
Modified honda civic coupe
velosolex50
Confirmed BX'er

Post by velosolex50 »

There is a big penalty in terms of parts price for us Island dwellers. Anything much bigger than a normal letter usually costs an extra £20 or so delivery, often much more. As far as getting a car registered etc in uk, its basically a fairly simple paperwork (& chequebook ) procedure as long as it is MOTd. You'd have to check with a local vehicle licensing office for details, they have probably introduced extra hurdles since I last did it.