bx td tzd hurricane 1796cc for sale still got tax and mot.

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
stavy

Post by stavy »

you got a bx now, lot of money paid for it, mine has no problems shame. lynn. insurance is shite :twisted:

Tourist wrote:What's the insurance group on the Hurricane? I could never afford.
chriscarterstevens
BXpert

Post by chriscarterstevens »

would love it, just cannot afford it right now, i know it will sell to somebody on here.

for many, even getting £50 spare is a bit of a task. :oops:

it will find a good home
Cartman

1985 BX 19 GT
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

Tourist wrote:What's the insurance group on the Hurricane? I could never afford.
Same as your TZD Turbo IIRC
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
Kitch
Over 2k

Post by Kitch »

Or TXD Turbo even!

Hurricane is just a TZD Turbo in a certain colour with bespoke interior and a valver ph2 spoiler. Same as a TZD Turbo, just a bit more special.

Tourist
BXpert

Post by Tourist »

Well if it's the same as a TZD it'll be atleast £100 more than my TXD, if it's a special edition it'll be even more. This is a sporty model so I can't see how I would be able to afford the insurance, what's an extra £20 or so for you is hundreds for me ...
Kitch
Over 2k

Post by Kitch »

Ok, firstly this ain't a sporty model!

And secondly it would insurance companies probably wouldn't even recognise it as a ltd ed. Some do though...some think mine's a Hurricane.

But if £20 is hundreds to you, then you really broke the mould buying that TXD of yours! You paid more than I did for my 16v.

Tourist
BXpert

Post by Tourist »

Kitch wrote:But if £20 is hundreds to you, then you really broke the mould buying that TXD of yours! You paid more than I did for my 16v.
It's the spirit of owning a BX - that's why I'm gutted I got screwed over with mine, because I was so enthusiastic about getting one, now look what happened to me.

Quote for this car: £1423.60 - I think it's fair to say I'm alone in saying I'd be prepared to spend that on insurance :?
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

|As Doc has already said, you've got a BX. The problems are not insurmountable at all). The Hurricane is a nice motor. One day your BX will be that nice Tourist.

Let someone else take on the Hurricane and it will be in the club to be passed on and given a sort of BX-immortality! (I hope!)...
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
stavy

Post by stavy »

had a think and i am going to put the car in storage. i think, thants if it has not sold in the next 2 weeks, i have a barn. so nice and dry, only problem would be the tax and mot will run out. i have no worries on the mot front as it will pass. wish me luck. lynn
Philip Chidlow wrote:|As Doc has already said, you've got a BX. The problems are not insurmountable at all). The Hurricane is a nice motor. One day your BX will be that nice Tourist.

Let someone else take on the Hurricane and it will be in the club to be passed on and given a sort of BX-immortality! (I hope!)...
chriscarterstevens
BXpert

Post by chriscarterstevens »

possibly it might be worth putting up a new thread, and linking it to the pics. saying something like whats the lowest reasonable price you'd accept and the car might go!

worth a try?
Cartman

1985 BX 19 GT
roughbert
Confirmed BX'er

Post by roughbert »

stavy wrote:please only enquire about the bx if you are intrested,
so.. it is still for sale? This is the one with the dog picture, right? was the car used for the dog? does it smell of dog? I'm wouldn't like that. But if it is wonderful and cheap and fresh-smelling and not rusty I could be up for it, as I'm fed up with the battery-draining Skoda and have not seen or been offered a rust-free estate to date - in fact since I started looking for a BX estate in December I have seen some of the worst **** since I used to prowl the scrappies as a kid. Fussy bugger aren't I.
David Brown 1190
LDV Convoy
stavy

Post by stavy »

yes she is still for sale, just call me and come and veiw our bx, no rust great paint work and engine nice, does not smoke and great on fuel. and no the dog was never in the car and the car smells :oops: of car ?. the dog in the pic was my dads and i wanted to take a pic for my dads grave for xmas, coz i am a mard arse. thanks lynn. :oops:

roughbert wrote:
stavy wrote:please only enquire about the bx if you are intrested,
so.. it is still for sale? This is the one with the dog picture, right? was the car used for the dog? does it smell of dog? I'm wouldn't like that. But if it is wonderful and cheap and fresh-smelling and not rusty I could be up for it, as I'm fed up with the battery-draining Skoda and have not seen or been offered a rust-free estate to date - in fact since I started looking for a BX estate in December I have seen some of the worst **** since I used to prowl the scrappies as a kid. Fussy bugger aren't I.
Hurricane
BXpert

Post by Hurricane »

stavy wrote:offers over £300 thanks lynn
Jesus! Someone could grab a bargain here!

We payed £300 for our old Hurricane and it had many a problem discovered after we'd bought it, not to mention 200,000+ miles on the clock! We payed £450 for our current one, and if this one is sound as the description says that is a bargain.
K BX 19 TXD
J BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
J BX TZD Turbo
Tourist
BXpert

Post by Tourist »

Hope it goes to a good home that's all :)
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

(Can I just say it looks like a corker of a BXagon BX :roll: :lol: )...
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v