16 VALVER SEEN AT BREAKERS YARD (BE QUICK) !

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
RxBX
Over 2k

16 VALVER SEEN AT BREAKERS YARD (BE QUICK) !

Post by RxBX »

HI There you ^^bx> er's :!:
Just had ride out to ASDA to get a couple of bits of shopping and as the weather is $hite I thought I’ll pop in to the Local car breakers yard !

Well what a surprise :o I’m hoping someone might buy me a pint or two ~ale~ for posting this find :D

Just come in 100% complete White 16 Valver :!:
The only thing is it looks like who ever towed it in, probably with a lift in tow got frustrated with trying to hook it up and tore off the front bumper and broke it into about four pieces and just chucked in side the car as the split fibreglass ends look rather fresh, what a great same #-o :!:

I had a word with one of the yard staff (John) that I’ll post the find onto the BX Forum, and for that reason he said He’d shift it into a locked up compound so as no one starts trashing the interior, ripping bits off the engine etc.
He also said he’ll try and get a battery put on to it to see if he can get it started to see if the engine any good !

Additional info:-
Mileage indicated on clock:- 110,939
Reg. No:- J725 NFJ
RP No:- 5292

I asked the storeman (Paul) the cost of the good rear bumper :- £35:00, it has all the rest of the skirting and spats etc. didn’t ask how much all that was for them extra bits though !
It has only three Grey/Silver 6Jx 14 Speedline Alloys on it and one steel rim I didn’t notice if it was the type with the integral bush for use with flat wheel stud bolts but I did check to see if the forth alloy may have been in the wheel carrier, it was empty also the tyres are U/S and looked perished!

The Black is was fitted with the Le Mans Velour upholstery. Has a 4 spoke steering wheel, I also have a spare one if you just need that (PM me).
The back seats looked very clean but had some stupid non matching Blue velour headrests fitted , the front passenger side seat looked fine but I spotted a slight fag burn on the driver base on the o/side just near to the lower back bolster (You could just put a few stitches into it and wouldn’t show then) but one of the internal wires or internal fabric loop that holds the wire then in turn, that holds the fabric to the seat base, look like its let go and just wants a quick rebuild (Easy enough to fix once you’ve done a few).

So really all still usable and of course if you bought this you’d put the current base onto the passengers side and then the passengers on to the driver side !
Very easy to do and share the wear out more evenly especially if dare I say it the previous owners were rather heavy/large and never bothered or new about how easy and quickly it is to do the swap over !

Also if you don’t want all the bother of the stripping out buy my TXD interior
check out this link:- http://bxclub.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php ... highlight=

Link for breakers yard :- http://www.albertlooms.co.uk/public_html/location.htm
(If you ring up ask for STORES to get your bits reserved and be quick) :!:

Cheers and best of luck in getting your VALVER bits YO ! ^^ ^^
RxBX
Over 2k

Post by RxBX »

Sorry EDIT :!:
3 Spoke steering wheel :!:
Cheers
RxBX
Over 2k

Post by RxBX »

Just an update on the VALVER :!:

FOR INFO:-
The engine/gearbox and front sub-frame have all gone including all the struts etc.

Tried to find out who had it / wheres its gone :?:

I think it may have been some one local so it maybe destined to "POWER A PUG" #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: