COLOUR CODE

BX Tech talk
Chris Abbott
BXpert

COLOUR CODE

Post by Chris Abbott »

Hi i have a 1990 tgd
The colour code seems to read EWT cs- but has been polished in the past so is difficult to read, i think its called alpine white,Im sure there would only be one solid colour white in the BX range---anybody got any ideas of the correct code and colour?
Thankyou
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

I thought it was Arctic White... might be wrong. There isn't one on here: http://www.tramontana.co.hu/citroen/body/care.php - so I might well be wrong!
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
DLM
Our Trim Guru
My Cars: Historically, lots of BX hatches/estates in the 90s/00s - 16/19i/17td/19d
Recent scruffy diesel n/a estate - "The Red Shed" - is no longer mine.

Post by DLM »

I have a 1991ish trim and colour card and the only white listed there for that time is alpine white.

The site Passion Citroen has a useful colour finder (site in French) which suggests that EWT is "Blanc MEIJE" . Meije is " a mountain in the Massif des Écrins range, located at the border of the Hautes-Alpes and Isère départements..." according to Wikipedia, which looks pretty promising.

Also, I seem to remember that the letters after the hyphen on a paint code don't refer to colour but identify type (solid, metallic etc).

Not conclusive, but a reasonable bet....
Back on two wheels and pedal power for the moment.
Chris Abbott
BXpert

colour code

Post by Chris Abbott »

Thanks for the replys chaps.
I had this feeling it was alpine white-(thanks DLM) i just cant find that EWT code anywhere on google etc.
By the way DLM, have you fitted the bumper trims yet?
DLM
Our Trim Guru
My Cars: Historically, lots of BX hatches/estates in the 90s/00s - 16/19i/17td/19d
Recent scruffy diesel n/a estate - "The Red Shed" - is no longer mine.

Post by DLM »

By the way DLM, have you fitted the bumper trims yet?
Erm, not quite sure what you're asking about, abbott. Need to to sort myself out a red front bumper but have all the trims I need to do it on the temporary green bumper.

Finding the Citro Passion site paint codes again (had seen it before but forgotten about it) needed a little bit of multilingual googling including the french word "peinture", as far as I remember. I think think a number of people (even Halfords) will still mix up the paint from the code. [/quote]
Back on two wheels and pedal power for the moment.