Another 2 BX's spotted

Tell us about BXs you have spotted on the road, or BXs/parts spotted for sale including eBay finds.
mnde
Meteor Man
My Cars: 2007 Citroen Xsara Picasso 1.6 16V VTX
1982 Citroen GSA Spécial Estate - gone to a new home
1991 Citroen BX16 TGS Meteor - still out there somewhere!

Another 2 BX's spotted

Post by mnde »

1 near Hounslow, dark green special editon, but couldn't read which one it was.

I overtook one on the Surrey stretch of the M25 this morning: a red K reg 19TXD Estate. No club sticker, but I gave him a beep and a wave just in case!

Anyone else beep/flash other BX's? I seldom get any response. Seems to be only the CX owners that wave. Most 2CV'ers I've seen don't bat an eyelid, not even when I'm in the GSA! Exception being a French/Belgian orange Dyane on the M25 that was covered in stickers :D

Mark.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Probably a Hurricane in green, dont see many bx's in these parts nowadays sadly!
M

Post by M »

Saw a very odd battered J plate TGD on Sunday, sporting silver speedline alloys.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

I see a bx shape every morning outside my house as mines in hibernation until sunny days!
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

There`s a very tidy metallic green TZD estate been showing up recently in the car park where I live. Been meaning to catch up with the owner for a chat and saw him as I was rushing out about a week ago. Had just enough time to smile and say `nice car mate` (as I was getting in my BX estate) and he looked at me like I was something he`d trodden in. Miserable bleeder, I won`t bother again.
Vauxhall apologist.
Stinkwheel
1K Away

Post by Stinkwheel »

people who drive older cits and dont know what they have got should have them confiscated!!!
Doctor Of Gonzo Journalism!!!
93 BX TZD Estate
90 BX 14TE St Tropez
93 BX 19 TXD Estate
92 BX 16TXi
77 Ami 8 Break
79 Acadiane
81 Dyane6
84 2CV6
85 GSA saloon rally car
To slightly mis-quote Kitch ... "BX 14. They're just brilliant!"
mnde
Meteor Man

Post by mnde »

I dunno... there seems to be a strict divide between enthusiasts and those to whom their Citroen is just a car to get them from A to B... The latter species may tend to stare at you as though you're an idiot if you wave or praise their motor, as if to say ... "WHAT?"

Mark.
Ian_Fearn
Spender lotta cash on Citroens

Post by Ian_Fearn »

There is a chap who works at the same company as me. Its a massive company and i see him very rarely.

He's got a 1986 16TRS in red. Its absolutely stunning with a personal plate worth much more than the car!

When i finally got chance to talk to him his response was

"fc*king car... my dad gave up driving and gave it me. Bloody bag of sh1te, wished i'd never layed eyes on it......"

It went on like that for a while. It turned out the car had needed a new rear arm bearing and front spheres for its MOT, the only money ever spent on it!

Typical miserable Derby inhabitant, always expect everything for nothing!

He took one look at my Hurricane which i'd specially parked next to his and turned his nose up saying "bet that costs loads to run" before buggering off!
Over and out from me
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Arsehole does he want to sell it? If he does I would like a MK1 TRS!
mnde
Meteor Man

Post by mnde »

This morning near Horsell I briefly followed a v. tidy looking red BX17 TGD Turbo on a J plate. *Think* I got a wave after I flashed my hazards as we were waiting to turn left onto a busy road. Was unable to push in and follow him out though, but was still grinning like a kid watching it go along and saying "BX!" :lol:

Mark.
jeremy
Over 2k

Post by jeremy »

Quite a lot of nice ones round here in Southampton but totally ignorant - even if I let them out of side roads they don't acknowledge another BX - or even the fact that I've let them out!

jeremy
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

A guy has arrived to deliver some building supplies and commented on my BXs. Turns out he has four - a 1.9 diesel, a 1.4 and another (don't know what but it's on an 'E' plate and he's considering breaking it) and he's just got a red 16v (on an 'H' plate) which he is doing up a bit. I directed him to the club site, so hopefully we'll have another member soon.

In the Chelmsford area there seem to be a fair few BXs dotted about - I've spotted a nice, green estate ('L' reg) and a red TZD on a 'K'. There's another GTi in white and a grey diesel estate too.

I did get a smile and a wave from an older guy in a biege Mk 1 that looked every day it's age, but was still going!
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v