Fuel heater / water hose needed

BX Tech talk
YorkieG

Fuel heater / water hose needed

Post by YorkieG »

Hi to all members, could anyone help me find/obtain the correct hose details for the hose that connects to the diesel fuel heater and the fixed metal pipe across the rear of the engine.
I have just collected a pipe from my nearest citroen main dealer but it is not the correct one.
My vehicle is the BX19TGD 1905cc. 1991.
The pipe is approx 22mm one end and 25mm the other and about 10.5 cm long.
Can anyone help please.???? :roll:
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

Unless there is something really special about this hose, the easiest (& cheapest) solution is to buy "Rubber" fuel hose from the local motor factors who sell this by the metre in all diameters.
I've used this between the injector rail & underbody petrol pipe and for a couple of replacement coolant hoses. :D
1991 BX19GTi Auto
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

it's not the fuel hose he's after.
Unless I'm reading it wrong, you want the coolant hose that runs from the stat housing to the coolant pipe that runs around the back of the engine and then via another hose to the matrix.

Given that they are narrower one end than t'other getting a suitable off the shelf replacement is easier than trying to use steppers and such.
Sadly, I haven't any that are the least bit usable... sorry mate
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
YorkieG

Post by YorkieG »

Further to dochchevron's reply.
Yes this is the hose that connects to the pipe going around the back of the engine (small dia) then connects to the fuel heater unit (larger dia).
I have a parts list but it must be out of date as i cannot find the relevant part number.
Does any have a copy of a good parts list ?????.
The pipe in question has a small bend in it also about 30degrees.
If no-one can help i will try another main dealer in another town/city.
But thanks to all, Happy Motoring. :lol:
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

Does this look right?

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
YorkieG

Post by YorkieG »

Hi Matt,
Unfortunatley not.
The nearest dimensions i have are: 10.5cm long x 22mm dia x25 ish mm dia.
If i knew how to add a photo i would show it.
But thanks for that.
Regards Geoff.[/img]
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

docchevron wrote:it's not the fuel hose he's after.
Unless I'm reading it wrong, you want the coolant hose that runs from the stat housing to the coolant pipe that runs around the back of the engine and then via another hose to the matrix.
You've read my post wrong Doc. The point was that you can use fuel hose to replace OE coolant hose, something I've done with success on 2 coolant runs.

The factor (Camberley Auto Factors) said it was suitable for this purpose......unless you know different? :?
1991 BX19GTi Auto
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Ahh, I did then mate, apols, that said, finding fuel hose with a diameter that large and a vrying one at the would be nigh on impossible I imagine!
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

docchevron wrote:Ahh, I did then mate, apols, that said, finding fuel hose with a diameter that large and a vrying one at the would be nigh on impossible I imagine!
The last one I bought was coolant hose off the reel, 22mm OD with 15mm ID and can be expanded a bit at the ends when lubed with grease on the metal bits it connects with.

Looks very like the size of the one pictured on the keyboard above but they do bigger ones too.
Info printed on the pipe says: wrote:Heater Gates Auto Master Chauffage 15mm Heizung DIN 73411 Calefaccion Verwarming 15mm Riscaldamento Gates Auto Master 117-09-00005

If anyone wants to do a full analysis of the pipe by decoding the above please do, but I know it has been fine operationally. :D
1991 BX19GTi Auto
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

DIN 73411 says they're good! :D

Gates Coolant Hoses:

http://www.gates.com/europe/index.cfm?location_id=5160

I used the straight hose off the reel which can be up to 15 metres long.

Looks like they offer complicated shapes too which maybe some will be adaptable when we come up against the NFP of Citroen for the bigger stuff?
1991 BX19GTi Auto