Look what I've bought!

Anything about BXs
rob-81
BXpert

Look what I've bought!

Post by rob-81 »

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 26_fvi%3D1

I just arranged to collect and buy this on Saturday. It sounds solid and just what i'm after. I'm going to advertise my 14TGE soon. Any body interested, PM me or keep an eye out for the advert. It has T&T... details to follow....
19 TGD estate
17 TZD Turbo hatch
jonathan_dyane
BXpert

Post by jonathan_dyane »

Looks like a gud un, bonnet aside, and I'm sure you'll pick up a nice plastic one easily :D
"Boring damned people. All over the earth. Propagating more boring damned people. What a horror show. The earth swarmed with them." -Charles Bukowski
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

A proper BX diesel! 8)
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
citroen7
BXpert

Post by citroen7 »

never seen a bonnet that bad before but otherwise looks ok :)
frugg
BXpert

Post by frugg »

Looks good for that amount of money! :D
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

OTT , that will get you a few smiles eh?

(Looks a good buy without being ott! :wink: )
1991 BX19GTi Auto
rob-81
BXpert

Post by rob-81 »

yep, great number plate. By happy coincidence, my 14 TGE is the same colour and has a plastic bonnet. Did I forget to mention that the TGE might have a couple of scabs on the bonnet when I come to sell it??

I'm looking forward to getting back in a BX diesel, partucularly an estate. Off hand, does anyone know how much longer the estate is when compared to the hatch?

Rob
19 TGD estate
17 TZD Turbo hatch
jonathan_dyane
BXpert

Post by jonathan_dyane »

rob-81 wrote:By happy coincidence, my 14 TGE is the same colour and has a plastic bonnet. Did I forget to mention that the TGE might have a couple of scabs on the bonnet when I come to sell it??Rob
Excellent stuff!
rob-81 wrote: I'm looking forward to getting back in a BX diesel, partucularly an estate. Off hand, does anyone know how much longer the estate is when compared to the hatch?
IIRC only about 8 inches...
"Boring damned people. All over the earth. Propagating more boring damned people. What a horror show. The earth swarmed with them." -Charles Bukowski
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

jonathan_dyane wrote:
rob-81 wrote: I'm looking forward to getting back in a BX diesel, partucularly an estate. Off hand, does anyone know how much longer the estate is when compared to the hatch?
Are you sure about that? I was under the impression that they're almost exactly the same length. The wheelbase is identical, and the rear panel looks to be about the same to me.

In some cases (the 405 for one) the estate is actually fractionally shorter than the saloon (although granted the 405 is a proper saloon and not a hatchback.)
this might be a signature
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

I thought that the TG trim level came with a clock instead of a rev counter...or am I mistaken? You've got one anyway, let's hope it works!

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
citroen7
BXpert

Post by citroen7 »

if i remember the the back box is longer and also the tow bar so yes it is but not by much
jonathan_dyane
BXpert

Post by jonathan_dyane »

DavidRutherford wrote:
jonathan_dyane wrote:
Are you sure about that? I was under the impression that they're almost exactly the same length. The wheelbase is identical, and the rear panel looks to be about the same to me.

In some cases (the 405 for one) the estate is actually fractionally shorter than the saloon (although granted the 405 is a proper saloon and not a hatchback.)
Just done what I should have done earlier, and got off my arse to check the literature...

BX Hatch 4230mm long, Estate 4388mm, so actually 6 and a bit inches...
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

jonathan_dyane wrote:6 and a bit inches...
So that's 8 inches to us blokes... :wink:

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
jonathan_dyane
BXpert

Post by jonathan_dyane »

mat_fenwick wrote:I thought that the TG trim level came with a clock instead of a rev counter...or am I mistaken? You've got one anyway, let's hope it works!
The later TGD did have a rev-counter as standard, from (I think) about '90 or '91.
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

jonathan_dyane wrote:
DavidRutherford wrote:
jonathan_dyane wrote:IIRC only about 8 inches...
sure?
Near as damnit, yes.
I iz am now can be correctimified. I really didn't think there was a difference. Does explain why the estate is just so much bigger though.
this might be a signature