BX FOR SALE - TZD -

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Boxwolf
BXpert

Post by Boxwolf »

BXforsale wrote:Rear arm bearing schmearing,12 months mot will cost you my boy.
How much?
BXforsale

Post by BXforsale »

Up to £500 depending on any work the garage has to do.I'll book it in tomorrow.
Tourist
BXpert

Post by Tourist »

BXforsale wrote:Up to £500 depending on any work the garage has to do.I'll book it in tomorrow.
I hope you're not expecting Boxwolf to pay for that.
Boxwolf
BXpert

Post by Boxwolf »

Was gonna say, I hope you dont mean £500 on top of the price of the car; I don't have that sort of money.
Boxwolf
BXpert

Post by Boxwolf »

I dont know how how much you'd be adding to the price if it passed but the car is only worth so much even with a fresh MOT, considering it still needs a bit of work. If it fails and needs work to pass then as James rightly pointed out I cant afford to fork out for it.
Boxwolf
BXpert

Post by Boxwolf »

Sorry if the above post sounds a bit rude, it wasnt intended to but on reading it back it could be taken as such. What I mean is I cant afford to pay to get the car through a failed MOT.
BXforsale

Post by BXforsale »

Up to £500 for car & mot.If in the unlikely event the car needs extensive work i would not expect a deal,indeed a rethink by me would be necessary.I do know garages like to make "extras" at mot time and i doubt i would escape scot free.Hence reason offered at sensible price to enthusiast, who works cheaper than garages.
£500 is maximum you pay.
I hope this answers your worries.
BXforsale

Post by BXforsale »

An extra thought.
If it passes its under £400.
Unusual negotiation,Hope it seems fair.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Tourist wrote:
BXforsale wrote:Up to £500 depending on any work the garage has to do.I'll book it in tomorrow.
I hope you're not expecting Boxwolf to pay for that.
Why not? The car is advertised as having MOT until April. With a full MOT the car is automatically worth more money, and probably more than the cost of the MOT itself and any repairs.
Maybe if any prospective purchaser wanted to MOT it they should do themselves at their own cost and save themselves a few quid?
Vauxhall apologist.
mountainmanUK

Post by mountainmanUK »

As Billy says, a car, especially an older model such as a BX, will always be worth a LOT more with a full MOT than without!

To my way of thinking, any car is worth as much, or as little, as the Seller asks for it, then a potential Buyer is prepared to pay for it!
It is common to originally ask a price a tad higher than what the Seller "knows" it's worth, nowt wrong with that! Similarly, any buyer will always try to offer an amount of cash a tad less than the asking price. THe result generally ends in an agreement somewhere in between.
Then it can be called a "fair" price, as both Buyer and Seller are satisfied with the final deal!

My Monica currently has about 4 months MOT, and I would expect her to fetch around the £250-£300 mark. Come July, with full MOT, I will fully expect to be able to ask around £450-£500 for her!

JMHO, as always :wink:

Dave
Boxwolf
BXpert

Post by Boxwolf »

BXforsale wrote:An extra thought.
If it passes its under £400.
Unusual negotiation,Hope it seems fair.
That sounds pretty fair to me, hoping it passes :)
BXforsale

Post by BXforsale »

Photos and video coming via e-mail.Removed boot carpet to expose floor and show plate painted black.MOT in for next week.Back wheels are straight!Looking good.
Boxwolf
BXpert

Post by Boxwolf »

Got your pictures, looks okay although hard to tell if that's all mud or a bit of rust on the pillars. Would it be ok if I shared the pics on here?
BXforsale

Post by BXforsale »

Be my guest.I haven't seen them,my son took and sent them.