1992 TXD Turbo - requires some work

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

ken newbold wrote:I live too far away to offer any practical help and have very little time to spare even to fix my own cars right now.
Ditto.

If the car is safe off the road at the moment I'd say you're best to leave it there until someone who knows can have a look at it. Could be a 10-minute fix, or could be a complete disaster. Don't know until you look at it.

One thing that does strike me.. Jonathan_Dyane was looking for a 17TD engine.....
this might be a signature
Tourist
BXpert

Post by Tourist »

I have to accept some responsibility though in that I bought the car in this state and I should have known better.

I think if someone offered me £150 for the car I would take that offer, and move on. Lesson learnt, I won't be stung again after this experience.

Thanks again cavmad you're very generous!
Tourist
BXpert

Post by Tourist »

DavidRutherford wrote:If the car is safe off the road at the moment I'd say you're best to leave it there until someone who knows can have a look at it.
Until I know differently the place I'm keeping it is very temporary. Seeing as it's also worth something, however little, I'd much prefer any sort of money than a car I can do nothing with, as I don't have a good job at the moment and money wise the future is uncertain. I would have saving of course but they're all gone now ...
2DavidRutherford" wrote:Could be a 10-minute fix, or could be a complete disaster. Don't know until you look at it.
Well I did take the car to 2 separate garages and neither had any idea what was the problem. I've also had a look for basic things such as pipes not being connected, etc, but can't see anything. I still suspect the wastegate, diaphragm, or that the turbo has blown however unlikely that is.
DavidRutherford wrote:One thing that does strike me.. Jonathan_Dyane was looking for a 17TD engine.....
Make me a reasonable offer and it's yours Jonathan.
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

Tourist wrote:I have to accept some responsibility though in that I bought the car in this state and I should have known better.
Maybe, but it's a pity scumbags like this can list a car for sale with known faults and get away with it.
Had all the faults been listed, the final price would have been somewhat different.
They think it's all over, it is now!
Tourist
BXpert

Post by Tourist »

Yeah well needless to say I'll be more careful next time ...
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Tourist wrote:Yeah well needless to say I'll be more careful next time ...
James next time you go to look at a car give me some notice and I will happily come with you.
Tourist
BXpert

Post by Tourist »

I should have taken you with me to see the TXD but it didn't click that you were in the area, despite you contacting me! Much of this situation is my own fault really, all I can do it apologise for spamming the forum about this car. I know you were all pretty fed up with me for it at one point ...

Jonathan next time you're on the forum, how much would you offer for the engine? This is of course if you're still looking for one.

The actual engine block is in pretty good condition, about 118,000 miles which is low for the year. As some people would say "it's only just run in" :lol:
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Roverman wrote:
Tourist wrote:Yeah well needless to say I'll be more careful next time ...
James next time you go to look at a car give me some notice and I will happily come with you.
Well, to add to the list of people that apparently have a vendetta against you Tim, would it not be preferably for young Tourist to take someone along who actually knows about the oily bits?
You yourself are the first to admit you dont know much about oily bits and TBH a turd can be polished to award winning standards, but it'll still be a turd.

As an aside, did anyone ever get to the bottom of whether the seller of this car was a member here, because the E-bay name certainly rang a bell with me.
If I were James I'd be battering the bastard. Although since I do know about oily bits, I wouldn't have bid on it in the first place.

Either way, he is where he is, and I'd say £150 is probably top dollar for it as is I'm afraid.
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
Jaba
1K Away
My Cars: BX GTi, C3 Auto

Post by Jaba »

I also am happy to come and have a look at it for you. I do live nearby - but I am away for another 5 weeks which may be too long for you to wait.
The Joy of BX with just one Citroën BX to my name now. Will I sing Bye Bye to my GTI or will it be Till death us do part.
mountainmanUK

Post by mountainmanUK »

I do believe that I have located the member of this very Forum, who sold this poor car to Tourist!!!

http://www.bxclub.co.uk/forum/viewtopic ... ht=#101363

SILVERSLIPPER11 would appear to be the seller!
Same location (Nuneaton), VERY similar name to the seller's Ebay name, and was selling a TXD Turbop at the same time!

Not trying to start anything......but a LOT of members "thought" they recognised this!
jonathan_dyane
BXpert

Post by jonathan_dyane »

Tourist, alas I have already sourced an engine, but best of luck with your sale. It looks to be a good project.
"Boring damned people. All over the earth. Propagating more boring damned people. What a horror show. The earth swarmed with them." -Charles Bukowski
Tourist
BXpert

Post by Tourist »

mountainmanUK wrote:I do believe that I have located the member of this very Forum, who sold this poor car to Tourist!!!

http://www.bxclub.co.uk/forum/viewtopic ... ht=#101363

SILVERSLIPPER11 would appear to be the seller!
Same location (Nuneaton), VERY similar name to the seller's Ebay name, and was selling a TXD Turbop at the same time!
Yep that's the one, his name is Mark and he made a BIG profit on that car from me.

Jaba, 5 weeks is too long really, I'm thinking more along the lines of a week or maybe 2, then progress is needed but ideally I need a car asap to get to and from the garage I help out at, so I'm looking into replacement cars as I speak.

I have decided that I will take £150 for the car in its current condition but I can't put any tax on it. There are problems but there's also a lot that's good, so anyone who's handy with a spanner can probably fix it themselves for minimal cost ... I'm just not one of those people I'm afraid.

Jonathan, glad you found an engine. I hope it's a good one.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Tourist if you're stuck you could borrow my Cinquecento for a couple of weeks if you want? Its taxed and tested so just add insurance and off you go. Can pick you up from railway station if wanted and you could drive it home.
Vauxhall apologist.
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

Another thought on this that might help you sell it.

if you've just sent in the tax disc and declared it SORN, it IS STILL TAXED until the end of the month, therefor anyone buying it could drive it homme legally proving they have insurance.
They think it's all over, it is now!
Tourist
BXpert

Post by Tourist »

Yep that's technically right thinking about it, so if you can collect you can drive it back - anyone? Needs to be shifted quite soon really.