1992 TXD Turbo - requires some work

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
ellevie
Forum Treasurer

Post by ellevie »

docchevron1472
Chris,
Despite my warnings to other members you have chosen to join in the bullying of Roverman in a particularly crude and offensive manner.
I repeat, I am not prepared to stand by while a member of the forum is mercilessly bullied.

http://bxclub.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php ... 2&start=15
http://bxclub.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10253

If it should prove necessary to suspend or terminate any user account public notification will be given in an announcement at the top of the General Chat section of the forum.
David

BX19TRS 118K E Reg 1992-2008
BX19TRS auto abs 96k F Reg
BX19TXD 150k K Reg
ellevie
Forum Treasurer

Post by ellevie »

Something which has puzzled me about this is who was the other bidder who pushed the price of the auction up to such a ridiculous level. This anonymous bidding is really open to all kinds of abuse.
David

BX19TRS 118K E Reg 1992-2008
BX19TRS auto abs 96k F Reg
BX19TXD 150k K Reg
Tourist
BXpert

Post by Tourist »

I have no idea, maybe one of his "mates" who knows. I must admit I was quite careless when bidding on the car, after being out-bid in the last 15 seconds of the auction, wanting the car, I increased my maximum bid way over what I was happy with. It's worth mentioning though that the high bid at this point was about £500, so I wasn't expecting to actually have to pay £745 or whatever it was :shock: again, my own stupidity, but I wanted the car at the time ...
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

<Sighs that people confuse bullying with mickey taking because someone went crying to teacher again>

Tourist, was it a private listing? Ther're the ones you really need to avoid because there is always something dodgy going on or else why would the seller have a private listing in the first place?
It's because the item is dodgy and the seller's mates/family are running the bidding up so if you see a private listing again, or anything dodgy looking, keep well away as it will be bad news.
As a matter of interest have you got a link to the eBay listing please? Cheers.
Vauxhall apologist.
Tourist
BXpert

Post by Tourist »

DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

docchevron1472 quite reasonably wrote:Well, to add to the list of people that apparently have a vendetta against you Tim, would it not be preferably for young Tourist to take someone along who actually knows about the oily bits?
You yourself are the first to admit you dont know much about oily bits and TBH a turd can be polished to award winning standards, but it'll still be a turd.
ellevie then quite surprisingly wrote:Chris,
Despite my warnings to other members you have chosen to join in the bullying of Roverman in a particularly crude and offensive manner.
I repeat, I am not prepared to stand by while a member of the forum is mercilessly bullied.
Tbh, I think Chris made a perfectly valid point and I was considering saying something similar. Tim has by his own admission stated that he's not great when it comes to the mechanics of BX's (or any vehicle for that matter) so for him to offer to go and look at a car with someone is like the blind leading the blind. Chris's comments were not bullying or offensive. They were statement of fact. Tim's offer may have been generous, but it's fairly useless.

This is a very similar situation to when people post in the technical forum on matters they do not understand. All it does is confuse matters, and dilute any good information there is in there, and at the least makes people spend time/money that they did not need to, and runs the very real risk of someone injuring themselves one day.

In order to offer advice, you have to properly know your subject matter EG: I would accept any advice or guidance from Tim on how to get a car looking decent as I haven't the first clue myself, and have never really worried about it, but if I needed to make a car look brilliant, I know I'd ask him first.
this might be a signature
charlie
BXpert

Post by charlie »

if it helps the pain

i see that youve got a wind deflector on the td

id buy it off you mate if you willing to sell

and i promise that its for me own bx

so i wont be reselling it to make money out of your misfortune

pm me if your interested

ta
yes.....
the colour is....
guiness white..........
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

I do admit not to being as good at spanner wielding as some but can identify problems as Ive had enough BXs to know what to look for, fixing major work is not my forte but I am getting there.
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

Sorry to butt-in again, but the point is, here is a lad who's trying to sell at a great loss a car that could legally be driven home this weekend for the bargain sum of £150 :!:
They think it's all over, it is now!
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

ellevie wrote:docchevron1472
Chris,

If it should prove necessary to suspend or terminate any user account public notification will be given in an announcement at the top of the General Chat section of the forum.
Erm, in all honesty, you can do what you please.
I stand by what I said.
It's not bullying, it's telling it like it is.
If I'm going to buy a Picasso (a painting, not the car) I'd take an art expert (Lovejoy for example!), I wouldn't take bob the local decorator.
Tim might know about driving BX's, and odd noises they might make, but by his own admission, he's owned, what, one TD, and for all of a couple of weeks or so.
I dont know one end of a mop from t'other, so I dont give advice about polishing, or valeting, as anyone whose ever seen any of my cars will testify.
If Tim's getting that upset about things, or you on his behalf then bejesus there's some over whelmingly precious people about aint there?

If Tim does have a problem with me, then he has my phone number, E-mail address and the PM facility. I've not recieved word from the man himself that I'm bullying him, so if he does have a problem then he knows how to talk to me direct.

Anyway, as Ken said, £150 for a car that needs some arm bearings (no big deal) maybe some welding (although it probably doesn't) and some engine work (that will most likely cost nothing but knowhow and a bit of time) cant be a bad deal.
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

docchevron1472 wrote:I dont know one end of a mop from t'other, so I dont give advice about polishing, or valeting
And no doubt if you did, you might expect to get shot down in flames by someone who does know the topic...
this might be a signature
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

docchevron1472 wrote:
ellevie wrote:docchevron1472
Chris,

If Tim does have a problem with me, then he has my phone number, E-mail address and the PM facility. I've not recieved word from the man himself that I'm bullying him, so if he does have a problem then he knows how to talk to me direct.

Chris I dont have a problem or axe to grind with you and never have had.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

All this is pretty childish. I have no idea why Chris got reprimanded (he appears to have done nothing 'wrong'! - unless his post was edited :? ), but please gentlemen can we exercise some form of respectable behaviour here. I for one am getting awfuly tired of the so-called micky-taking (I always thought taking the micky had some humour or wit associated with it - not bald nastiness) and continual blathering on about stuff - and all parties take responsibility for this - that frankly is designed to wind up other members just for the sake of it. Save it for the pub/playground.

Now that's my take. I know I'll get lambasted now, but like others point out ad naseum, I'm allowed my opinion.

Back on topic, I can only express my sympathy for Tourist and the 'transformation' into the more-relaxed, pragmatic member he is now is great. :D Good luck with getting it off you hands.

It's such a shame that the BX in question turned out to be a car too far. I must say looking at the ad again it could have done with a much more extensive description! But the pics promised a well cared for BX. :?
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit
My Cars: Cars

Post by BX Bandit »

Philip Chidlow wrote:I must say looking at the ad again it could have done with a much more extensive description! But the pics promised a well cared for BX. :?
This is a point I've been trying to make for a while now. One assumes a car is structurally & mechanically similar in condition to the body work. It's not necessarily so and can be a very misleading way of buying a car - with your eyes that is. It goes to show, get the car sorted structurally and mechanically FIRST, then do the polishing bit, otherwise you could be floggin' a dead horse.

You can polish and shine cars till the cows come home but the beauty (so to speak) can sometimes be only skin deep. Sadly Tourist has been had a bit. It does look a lovely car, and it would be nice to 'save' it by getting the mechanical bits sorted.

At £150 this car is a good price and a steal for someone. Shame none of your closer members on here can help you out. Don't be put of the BX by this Tourist. If you hang round on here long enough you'll pick one up with a known history, so at least you know what you're buying.
1990 BX 16V Platinum Grey
1990 BX TGD White
1960 Morris Minor Clarondon Grey
1971 Triumph 2000 Auto Valencia Blue
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

I concur with Bandito. Keep the faith. ^^bx>
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v