BX badge collection

Anything about BXs
toddao
BXpat

BX badge collection

Post by toddao »

This is the badge collection of Remy or 'BX19GTI1988'. I'm sure he won't mind me posting it!

Todd

this yellow writing is really hard to read
DLM
Our Trim Guru
My Cars: Historically, lots of BX hatches/estates in the 90s/00s - 16/19i/17td/19d
Recent scruffy diesel n/a estate - "The Red Shed" - is no longer mine.

Post by DLM »

Quite a wide range there - and a range showing the way in which the same model was badged and sold differently in different markets.

The 11 was only marketed in a few countries - like Greece and Portugal if I remember correctly. Can't have been very sprightly....

The 15 was marketed as the 16RE in the UK (I think Citroen UK imported some without realising they were a detuned 1600). I think the 16S was an entry-level 1598cc in standard tune - one down from the 16RS (not as "Riche").

The 19TD is NOT a turbodiesel - this one didn't reach the UK but was a basic-spec 1900 normally-aspirated diesel - one up from the base 19D which also didn't cross the channel.

The TRD-badging only ever reached the UK on early CXs turbodiesels - before Citroen twigged it was as inappropriate as Toyota selling a car badged MR2 (Merdeux) in France....
Back on two wheels and pedal power for the moment.
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Ace! 8)
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
rob-81
BXpert

Post by rob-81 »

There also a BX 10 (954cc) sold in Holland (I think they were known as the BX Dommage and came with free picnic basket and no fuel gauge! I read about it in the Citroenian a few years ago and seem to remember they didn't sell many and converted lots of the unsold cars to 1124cc.
19 TGD estate
17 TZD Turbo hatch
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

A quick spot of Googling revealed this information on the BX Dommage.

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
velosolex50
Confirmed BX'er

Post by velosolex50 »

954cc? Want one........
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

I was under the impression that the BX 10 "dommage" was in fact an april fool's joke or similar, and that in actual fact that model never existed.

I've got one of those BX DIGIT badges too... Just need to fix the car that it's due to be applied to!
this might be a signature
BX19GTI1988
Confirmed BX'er

Post by BX19GTI1988 »

hi everybody !
i am looking for badges i don't have in my collection , especially the ones for the english market ( as BX 19 DTR ....) if you want to help me to make a bigger collection .......thanks !
rémy
mountainmanUK

Post by mountainmanUK »

I notice that the particular badge that I'm looking for, to replace the shabby one on Monica's backside, is missing from that fine collection!....

"TXD Turbo" :shock:

(If anyone has one of these tucked away, or on a scrapper, please PM me with info, as I'm willing to hand over some pictures of our Queen for a nice example!)

Dave
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

DavidRutherford wrote:I've got one of those BX DIGIT badges too... Just need to fix the car that it's due to be applied to!
Is it mainly welding your Digit needs? If I'm down your way I don't mind popping in to give you a hand for a day, have a bit of a weldathon...

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

It does require a fair wallop of welding, but: I've just spent 5 days solid under my van grinding/welding the bloody thing, so I'm a bit pig sick of welding for the moment! If you're ever down in this area, you're absolutely more than welcome though of course! I can think of a multitude of other things that need doing :D
this might be a signature
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

Mat wrote
have a bit of a weldathon...
First the BXagon and now The Weldathon. You can train on my yellow heap if you want Mat! :D
Todd

this yellow writing is really hard to read
DLM
Our Trim Guru
My Cars: Historically, lots of BX hatches/estates in the 90s/00s - 16/19i/17td/19d
Recent scruffy diesel n/a estate - "The Red Shed" - is no longer mine.

Post by DLM »

I've just spent 5 days solid under my van grinding/welding the bloody thing, so I'm a bit pig sick of welding for the moment!
Think I can understand where you're coming from on that.

Last Thursday - BX in for MOT. Next to the MOT bay was an aged white Talbot minibus or camper looking like a red-oxide version of a paper doily in most areas below the mid-door line, with plenty of grinding, priming and welding in progress.

Monday: back for retest. Talbot van still up on the ramps, the other way round, with rusty sections still to be given the grinding, welding, priming treatment.

And all that's with the aid of a hydraulic lift (which I doubt that you have) and several people on the job (which I know you don't have).
Back on two wheels and pedal power for the moment.