Thoughts & Opinions

Anything about BXs
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Vanny wrote:Jim, an ACTIVA is not a Xantia, it has few if any traits of a Xantia, and is really just a crazy French experiment gone very very right.
LOLage in the extreme, I like that phrase and shall be using it!

Have to say, the couple of Activa's I've driven were bloody awesome machines, but I really think the 2.0CT lump lets it down, it soooo should have had the V6. yes I know you can get LHD V6 Activa's, but they should have made factory RHD Activa's with the proper engine.

Never driven a leather seated Xanty, but I've never yet driven any Xantia that I found comfort in, somehting thats very important to me at my old age.

Vanster wrote: But my biggest and real bone with the Xantia is that they are so disconnected from the road on which they role. Some people would say they are simply more refined than a BX, i say they where trying to make the Xantia like other cars, perhaps german cars, boring, dull, disconnected ( i wont say reliable), with big thick high doors, blergh.

But the ACTIVA, mmmm, reasonable engine, bit bargh like but so amazingly disconnected from the road it doesn;t drive round corners it floats at high speed!

I prefer the AX over a Xantia!
Amen bro!
I rather like the AX aswell, but ONLY if it's the GT. Having driven a few, no other AX compares.
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit
My Cars: Cars

Post by BX Bandit »

I've been using the Xantia the last few days as the BX is undergoing surgery.
The seatage (leather) in the Xantia is good, but I never get in the right position, I never seem to 'fit into' the car properly (and it's nothing to do with ales or pie!). It does have some advantages over a BX, mostly engine noise is much more subdued, there's bags of torque low down (missing on the bx TD) and er...is sort of feels like a decent motor.
I took a mk1 1.9TD for a test drive and hated it. I've driven a mk2 HDi and hated that too. I actually quite like my Xantia, but I'd have a BX anyday (which is why I shall be selling the Xantia in the forthcoming months)!

To Endosapp, my choice would turbo diesel, followed by 16v is you're up for it based on what others have said here or the 8v GTi if the turbo diesel doesn't tickle your fancy.....or why not have all 3!
1990 BX 16V Platinum Grey
1990 BX TGD White
1960 Morris Minor Clarondon Grey
1971 Triumph 2000 Auto Valencia Blue
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit
My Cars: Cars

Post by BX Bandit »

oh, another member sadly got caught out by buying what appeared to be a genuine car, and it looked sound, but under the skin it needed quite a bit of work so tread carefully and don't get swayed by the polish!
1990 BX 16V Platinum Grey
1990 BX TGD White
1960 Morris Minor Clarondon Grey
1971 Triumph 2000 Auto Valencia Blue
CitroXim
Sir Jim of the Databases

Post by CitroXim »

BX Bandit wrote:I actually quite like my Xantia
You do have the pick of the bunch with a 2.1TD. The engine is supurb :D I love 'em to bits...
Jim

'98 Xantia 1.9TD in Red - Gabriel the Bus...
'96 Xantia Activa in Red - My favourite toy...
'07 Pug 207 in Blue - The Deathtrap...
'15 Giant Defy Bike in Blue - Daily rider...
'16 Giant TCR Bike in Black/Lime Green - Fine weather only...
Father Ted

Post by Father Ted »

I always loved my Xantia (tuned HDi) but fit better in a BX - so thats a markting strapline "BX... The car for lardy Northerners"
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

CitroXim wrote:
BX Bandit wrote:I actually quite like my Xantia
You do have the pick of the bunch with a 2.1TD. The engine is supurb :D I love 'em to bits...
It is a lovely engine, only the head lets it down really.

Now a 2.1TD with a ported big 8 valve head. FTW...and guess what!
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
velosolex50
Confirmed BX'er

Post by velosolex50 »

8v gti is great..... my TZi has same engine, has loads of power & drives really well. High 20s mpg, but it is automatic which makes it a bit thirstier......great everyday car if you find a good one. 1.9 d I had was lovely too, but not rapid.
Good luck
Huw