Hello to all at the BXClub. Would anyone fancy a GTI.

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
MULLEY
Over 2k
My Cars: 1999 Xsara LX 2.0HDI (90) Hatch - Fern
2002 C5 2.0 HDI (110) Estate - Jasmine - SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - SORN
1992 TZD Turbo Estate - SORN
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired - SORN
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

Post by MULLEY »

Here it is on the bay of nogging.

Has the green seats, doorcards etc..is this a re-sprayed hurricane or is it just been converted to look like one. Either way it looks like a one off & i quite like te black :D

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1993-CITROEN-BX-G ... 240%3A1318
2002 C5 2.0 HDI Estate - Jasmine - Now SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - My daily
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired.
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

I'm not just a username, i'm also called Matthew.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Well intriguing. There aren't the Hurricane graphics on the 'C' pillar and the GTi badge/logo on the rear is not standard (although the design is). Apparently one owner and low mileage, so it's HIGHLY unlikely that it has been converted from a 'normal' black GTi to a Hurricane look-alike.

Possible explanation is: a dealer special. A Hurricane resprayed in black. A factory special (not likely, I guess). I would suggest a shot of the door shuts and engine bay would offer more clues - especially if the colour code was stencilled on the inner wing!

Looks lovely though. 8)
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
RxBX
Over 2k

Post by RxBX »

Hi Philip,
Details of the DVLA vehicle enquiry states its definitely BLACK !
Also according to the details as below its taxed until the end of FEB 2010 as there's no mention of that in the Flea Bay listing so if its included in the sale that worth appox. £155 so that makes the price of the actual car £745 if some hit the buy it now button )£900) BUT obviously get the confirmation of that via a posted message first from the dealer/listing it by using the 'Ask seller a question' then this would make this BX a reasonable purchase for someone maybe ?

VEHICLE ENQUIRY Services Provided By DVLA:

The enquiry is complete
The vehicle details for K995 BMJ are:

Date of Liability 01 03 2010
Date of First Registration 16 03 1993
Year of Manufacture 1993
Cylinder Capacity (cc) 1905CC
CO2 Emissions Not Available
Fuel Type Petrol
Export Marker Not Applicable
Vehicle Status Licence Not Due
Vehicle Colour BLACK
Vehicle Type Approval null
This vehicle can be licensed at a DVLA Local Office without the V5C Registration Certificate
The information contained on this page is correct at the time of enquiry.
Vehicle Excise Duty Rate for vehicle
6 Months Rate £101.75
12 Months Rate £185.00
chriscarterstevens
BXpert

Post by chriscarterstevens »

chillip wrote
Possible explanation is: a dealer special. A Hurricane resprayed in black
question is does that make it rarer and more valuable or is it just a bx gti (or whatever it is)???

tbh his starting bid seems a bit high...thats just my opinion tho
Cartman

1985 BX 19 GT
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Well, a Hurricane GTi is just a GTi, but for the trim differences. So my guess is is a special order in Black. UNLESS once a car's colour is changed and the DVLA are informed, their database is correspondingly updated.

I would suggest part of the appeal of this car is the mystery. And the combination of the body kit with black is great. I'd be tempted if I had a spare £750 - with a hefty load of TAX. As for £900? Not sure it's ever worth that. but then again, it is unique.
mountainmanUK

Post by mountainmanUK »

Its easy enough to have the registered colour changed on the V5. All you need to do is to fill in the relevant section on the back, and send it off to Swansea! Ive done it several times in tne past, after repainting old bangers into something prettier! :wink:

I suppose that this car COULD have been a "specially ordered" Black variety from new, IF the original purchaser specifically requested it?

The inner wing coding, or a peek behind the door cards (or boot floor) could reveal something.
chriscarterstevens
BXpert

dave's signature is
Dave

I'm not a complete idiot......some parts are missing!
i have that very same condition, plus i have it on a rather nice fridge magnet

8)
Cartman

1985 BX 19 GT
mountainmanUK

Post by mountainmanUK »

chriscarterstevens wrote:dave's signature is
Dave

I'm not a complete idiot......some parts are missing!
i have that very same condition, plus i have it on a rather nice fridge magnet

8)
Believe it or not Chris........but I only saw it last night on TV!

It was on one of those typically American "bumper stickers", on the back of a pickup in the movie "Jeepers Creepers 2" :shock:
I like it so much I thought I'd use it as a tagline!
chriscarterstevens
BXpert

NEVER a truer word spoken in reference to me
im not a complete idiot...some parts are missing
Cartman

1985 BX 19 GT
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

It cant be a genuine Hurricane, unless it spent some time unsold.
Quite why anyone would go to the trouble of speccing black I dont know.

Equally the lack of hurricane pin striping and decals would also suggest it was either once green and has been resprayed, or much much more likely, it's a plain GTi thats been "Hurricaned".
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Acording to the Hpi this is what it says:

VIN VF7XBFY0000FY7899 Exterior Colour BLACK
Registration Date 16/03/1993 Previous Registered Keeper 0
Engine Size 01905 Make CITROEN
Model BX GTI HURRICANE Model Year
Is Scrapped ? No Is Exported ? No
Is Imported ? No Scrapped Date
Exported Date No. of gears 5
Fuel Type PETROL CAPCode CIBX19GTC5HPIM
Transmission MANUAL 5 GEARS Engine No.

Strange ey! Must have been a special order maybe?
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

The plot thickens :lol:

Only a shot of the inside of the engine by where the paint code is and a shot of the n/s front door shut where the ORGA no. is would help clarify.
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Phil it would flag up if its hada colour change in its life so its always been black! 8)
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

The VIN further gives it away.
It aint a genuine Hurricane.
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
DLM
Our Trim Guru
My Cars: Historically, lots of BX hatches/estates in the 90s/00s - 16/19i/17td/19d
Recent scruffy diesel n/a estate - "The Red Shed" - is no longer mine.

Post by DLM »

OK - we're all agreed the price is high as it stands. The tax is probably now a near-face-value extra, by negotiation, but a no-brainer if someone has really convinced themselves they want the car. The car is unlikely to turn up elsewhere without comment from the eagle eyes on this forum.

It's an oddity - most cars with one owner and fsh don't have a transplanted interior or exterior bits - that usually comes with a subsequent owner after the car's knocked around a bit, though the leather interior on my current car was originally in a TG whose owner bought his BX new then paid for hand-trimming in leather because he wanted leather but couldn't get it as an option for that model. People do the strangest things for their own reasons.

As Aretha Franklin once sang, "Who's zoomin' who?". Or who's zoomed who when. Somewhere along the line for some reason, the "Hurricane" tag was put into the logbook for this one - motive unknown, if you're feeling charitable.

It's a Gti with a Monza interior, whale-tail and matching rear body kit, fogs and no exterior Hurricane badging. HPi would have shown up any serious incident - if taken through a paid-for-through-insurance route. Even a minor shunt writes off a fully-comp BX in insurance terms, though.

I'd still want to have the boot carpet out to look at the boot floor, but do a bit of thumb-pressing at the rear of the boot floor first to find out if that was even necessary - it's been enough to make me walk away from a shiny black BX before now. And a good squint in that area from underneath, along with all the other corrosion checks underneath and topside, plus road-test, Citaerobics, and a good look under the bonnet. Exhaust rear pipe section looks like it's been on a while.

3 years before this car was sold, superlustre black paint was the cheapest option on a BX (but not applicable to special editions). Maybe it still was in 1993, for a GTi.

Perhaps..... the owner persuaded the servicing garage (or vice versa), who must have had a long relationship, to fit the Hurricane/Monza interior from a part-ex. Perhaps..... the car's been a father-son one in terms of who drove it or fiddled with it towards the end of its ownership. Those can be murky waters. Perhaps.......at the end of the day it's all speculation.

Incidentally, the rear head restraints don't look to match with the rest of the Monza interior, which they should AFAIR. Again, something a subsequent owner sometimes does (they make the rear view even worse than the standard hatch, and probably non-existent with a hoop spoiler, though not so bad with a whale-tail). If I had some for a BX hatch, I probably wouldn't put then on until I was about to part company with it.
Back on two wheels and pedal power for the moment.