olympic blue bx gti 8v

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
mountainmanUK

Post by mountainmanUK »

How about if someone came up to yours, with a ratted, old, BX that really WAS at the end of it's life........then you use THAT one to get the "crappage" deal (S omitted deliberately!)....and let the owner of the REAL scrap BX drive off in the Blue 8v GTi????

1] No money would need to change hands, as the deal is already done.

2} The dealer would get their "banger" to feed the Government crusher.

3] Rob would still get his nice new Kia, with his "discount".

4] A BX enthusiast would get an Olympic Blue Gti to keep on the road.

Job done....nobody loses!

(Am I totally off the mark in thinking this would make a perfect solution?)

I am also totally disgusted with the Government's "persuasion" to encourage people to scrap a perfectly viable old BX (which probably is actually a lot "greener" than the modern crap that will take it's place).

Hey...money talks! Every man to his own, but I will NEVER trade Monica in, knowing full well that she would be crushed! She will eventually go to another BX enthusiast, who I hope would continue to give her the same affection and attention that I have.
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

Cracking idea Dave...except Stuart doesn't get his doors!

Would be even better if someone had a Gti with a decent engine but 'past it' shell. That way they could swap the engine into Rob's and have a sound car with a good engine. Maybe a little tricky logistics wise, but even if they just did a straight swap with the cars, that's got to be FAR better than a sound shell going to waste.

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

Yes, it's a sad story. Apparently the gov't were inspired by the example set here in Germany - March was the busiest month for car sales since 1992 owing to the €2500 scrapping premium. Why does everyone want a new bit of tin?

When I was in France last week Remy told me that there is no tax on cars at all - that is why old cars hold their value and there's still a thriving scrapyard scene. I reckon that has to change once the Fr gov't get this great scrapping idea in their heads to save Peugeot/Citroen et al.

Great thinking Dave. Every crushed car looks the same! :D
Todd

this yellow writing is really hard to read
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

To gain your £1000 grant from the government the car you scrap MUST be registered to you for at least 12 months.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
mountainmanUK

Post by mountainmanUK »

Roverman wrote:To gain your £1000 grant from the government the car you scrap MUST be registered to you for at least 12 months.
Buggeration!!!! :twisted:

Could still get away with swapping over the number plates (and possibly VIN plate). I doubt whether too many "checks" would be done to the actual vehicle....considering ti's going pretty quickly to the bean-can factory.
Obviously would work better on a similarly-coloured BX :wink:

I refuse to be beaten down any more by this (or any other!) Government!
"I am, not a number....I am a free man!"