BX 1.7 TZD for sale

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Mike E (uk)
1K Away

Post by Mike E (uk) »

That's a first for me too, never seen a BX later than L plate.

I have never seen an M plate either, and I thaught the latest BXs were estates because the Zantia estate arrived later than the saloon.

It has got to be the youngest BX in the UK.

Go for it tourist

Mike
la BX 16 soupapes: sachez apprecier avec moderation.

It might be clever now, but it won't be in the morning!
RxBX
Over 2k

Post by RxBX »

Hi Takehurst and welcome !
I noticed in your posting that you have stated that the TZD was registered in 1995, could you please just check this info with the V5 document :?:
As it could better news for Tourist or whoever gets this rare find :D
Info from the DVLA website for your ^^bx> states it was registered on 01 01 1996

The vehicle details for N89 GJO are:-

Date of Liability 01 07 2009
Date of First Registration 01 01 1996
Year of Manufacture 1996
Cylinder Capacity (cc) 1769CC
CO2 Emissions Not Available
Fuel Type Heavy Oil
Export Marker Not Applicable
Vehicle Status Licence Not Due
Vehicle Colour WHITE
Vehicle Type Approval null
The information contained on this page is correct at the time of enquiry.
Vehicle Excise Duty Rate for vehicle
6 Months Rate £104.50
12 Months Rate £190.00
Aerodynamica wrote:That's interestingly late registered innit?

Is there something wrong with/ missing from the sills though?
Aerodynamica that's normal for the black coating to get 'Washed off' at that mileage all it needs is a couple of nice coats of Black Bituminous paint and it will come back up to factory spec. !
Tourist wrote:
jonathan_dyane wrote:Please buy it. I really don't need another car...
I'll do my best!
James, that BX looks a very nice clean example obviously it still needs checking out (As you've already got bitten badly with the current TXD you own) but as its only got 69K hopefully they should not be any big issues but do check out the rear radius arm bearings as they do tend to start failing from my experience between the 70/75K miles, unless of course they have been replaced and therefore will have no issues on that check point !

But from 'takehurst' posting it seems that it's not going to be silly money so if there is an issue with the bearings they can be easily be replaced it wouldn't put me off buying it as it could be one of the last TZD hatchback's made/registered in a RHD guise as Mr.P Chidlow has already stated !

So I hope it will not be long so see a posting telling everyone its yours !
All the best I hope you get it, its about time you had some GOOD-LUCK :!:
Tourist
BXpert

Post by Tourist »

Thank you, I have only ever seen one other BX on an N plate and I think that was a 16 valve!

From what I've gathered so far the price is very good, plus I already have some arm bearings should I need them which I got for the TXD but haven't been put on yet.

I'm excited! I'll be seeing it in the week, probably thursday. :D if all is good it could be mine!
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

Yes I agree with all of the above.

M reg estates are rare enoungh, I've never seen an M reg hatchback let alone an N

I hope this one turns OK for Tourist, it is about time he had some good luck. If the rear arm bearings turn out to be knacked, I'll do them for free, but he'll have a long drive to claim the offer, but at least I'd get chance to test drive the newest BX in the UK :D
Tourist
BXpert

Post by Tourist »

Thanks Ken, there's nothing wrong with a long drive in a NEW car :wink: as long as you're not in Scotland or anything ... ?
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Ive been away for a few days and everythings happening, N reg BX! FTW is someone gonna buy this for sure?
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Tourist
BXpert

Post by Tourist »

Roverman wrote:Ive been away for a few days and everythings happening, N reg BX! FTW is someone gonna buy this for sure?
I'm going to see it, if it's as good as it seems then I'm serious thinking about buying! You won't believe the price!
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Tourist wrote:You won't believe the price!
Didn't believe the price of the last one you bought :lol: :lol: :lol:

Swings and roundabouts I guess 8)
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
RxBX
Over 2k

Post by RxBX »

Mike E (uk) wrote:That's a first for me too, never seen a BX later than L plate. I have never seen an M plate either.
Mike, here' s a 'M' reg. (Estate though) so can you tick the box off that you've seen an 'M' reg. BX !
Link:-
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DEC-1994-M-CITROE ... dZViewItem
Tourist
BXpert

Post by Tourist »

Is there any other reason it could be such a late registered car, other than it was sat around before it was registered?

This is not really related but how come a few cars have 6 digit plates and not 7?
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

Here's another M reg estate that lives less than a mile from me.

If anyone wants it I'm sure the owner could be easily persuaded to part with it as he now has a company car.
RxBX
Over 2k

Post by RxBX »

Tourist wrote: This is not really related but how come a few cars have 6 digit plates and not 7?
James, :shock: I can't believe you've asked/quoted this :!:
Try counting 1 to 99 (hopefully it won't take you too long), now try counting 100 to 999 :!:
Have you deciphered yet why there's less 6 digit plates/registered now than 7 :D
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

RxBX wrote: here' s a 'M' reg. (Estate though) so can you tick the box off that you've seen an 'M' reg. BX !

Link
I think you'll find that your modifier (in red) makes for nothing out of the ordinary as it is an Estate. :)

Hatchbacks were withdrawn earlier so the fact that an N reg has turned up in this style makes it unusual. :wink:
1991 BX19GTi Auto
Tourist
BXpert

Post by Tourist »

RxBX wrote:
Tourist wrote: This is not really related but how come a few cars have 6 digit plates and not 7?
James, :shock: I can't believe you've asked/quoted this :!:
Try counting 1 to 99 (hopefully it won't take you too long), now try counting 100 to 999 :!:
Have you deciphered yet why there's less 6 digit plates/registered now than 7 :D
Ah. :lol:
takehurst

N reg TZD

Post by takehurst »

I'm amazed at the interest in my dad's car - perhaps I should have put it on Ebay!!

The person who questioned the registration date is correct - I checked with my dad and it was registered on 1/1/96. My sister and her husband had 2 bx before this one and she really wanted another and managed to get this very late edition.

How much is it really worth then?