BX 1.7 TZD for sale

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Tourist
BXpert

Post by Tourist »

I also just noticed it seems to have TXD rubbing strips with the little chrome bits, and should the TZD not have a single spoke wheel? Does anyone think this car was "thrown together" being one of the last made?
andmcit
BXpert

Post by andmcit »

Tourist wrote:Does anyone think this car was "thrown together" being one of the last made?
Yeah. Stands to reason it's got bonnet chevrons off a Xantia!!! :wink: :lol:

Andrew
andmcit
BXpert

Re: N reg TZD

Post by andmcit »

takehurst wrote:I'm amazed at the interest in my dad's car
- perhaps I should have put it on Ebay!!
Certainly because of the late registration as UK Bx sales were being phased
out by the newcomer Xantia.

I'd suggest selling here into the hands of a committed (all meanings of the
word?) Bx'er Citroen enthusiast is far better than the indignity of being
"another old cheapie diesel" on ebay bought/driven into the ground and
thrown away when some minor Citroen quirk has the temerity to raise it's
head!

Andrew
Mickey taker
Over 2k

Re: BX 1.7 TZD for sale

Post by Mickey taker »

takehurst wrote:It has 3 months MOT left and is taxed until the end of June.He has removed the radio as he was expecting to scrap the car.
Any offers for spares or repair? .
Now I know your all going to say shes just a girl what does she know but heres my view ,

I dont know why your advertising this as "spares or repair" its got over a months tax and 3 months mot so its a very usable vehicle and I would have said is worth a lot more than current scrap value.

its a very clean ,late model with very respectable mileage so I would have thought at least £350 as is and if you put it in for an mot and it passed I would think nearer £500
Tourist
BXpert

Post by Tourist »

It's not being sold for scrap value.
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

Get in there James before the price goes up :D
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

Tourist wrote:I also just noticed it seems to have TXD rubbing strips with the little chrome bits, and should the TZD not have a single spoke wheel? Does anyone think this car was "thrown together" being one of the last made?
Why make a remark like this about the car being "thrown together"?

The single spoke wheel was top of the range as fitted to the GTi & 16v first and then introduced onto the TZD a few years before. This wheel is considerably more comfortable than the single spoke on journeys giving you somewhere to rest your thumbs and thereby reducing arm fatigue!

As to rubbing strips why does this matter and who the hell cares????
1991 BX19GTi Auto
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

The bottom line surely is when Citroen stopped manufacturing the saloon BX. I understand it was October 1993 - could've been earlier with the RHD cars. So there's only one essential fact: The car was sat around for a couple of years before someone got round to registering it. Not in itself a problem. The issue is where. Just look at the reputation the Hurricane has.
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
mountainmanUK

Post by mountainmanUK »

I think the point that James was trying to make, is that this BX, purely because it was one of the absolute last ones built, MAY have had quite a few non-model-specific bits included, as the guys in the assembly plant would have used whatever pieces were available to them at the time, especially parts left over from obsolete models where possible, or parts from newer cars, if their BX stocks had been exhausted. :wink:

That would explain the use of the then-current Xantia chevrons.

Makes economic sense for the factory to "get rid" of any outstanding stock for a defunct model where possible, or to use bits from their current (at the time) "new" model! :wink:

I doubt that James was slagging off either the BX or it's build quality, seeing as he's seriously planning on buying this particular car! :lol:
RxBX
Over 2k

Post by RxBX »

ken newbold wrote:Get in there James before the price goes up :D
With this rare find and that it was YOU that kindly offered to actually host the photos for the vendor, its looking like with 'hindsight' you should have gone and looked at the BX first (Bought if you were happy with it) and then hosted the photos !
But you should be given the first option as you did show the first interest at the same time as hosting the photos, without it turning into a Auction/gazumping situation !
As stated in earlier postings you deserve some 'Good-luck' for a change after the current TXD that you purchased earlier this year off 'E' bay that you wished you hadn't !
BTW when are you going to view it ?
All the best and I hope you buy it if you like it.
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

mountainmanUK wrote:as the guys in the assembly plant would have used whatever pieces were available to them at the time, especially parts left over from obsolete models where possible
You believe that if you wish Dave but then ask yourself why when buying something from the main dealer they ask you for the orga number.
It would not be policy to fit anything for which a change note was generated pre that orga number and the car company would not look to damage their reputation on this.
Uprating is legitimate and the fitment of parts from higher level variants also. Most car companies perform a few mid-life updates between model changes.
1991 BX19GTi Auto
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

This one belongs my mate and looks remarkably similar to me

Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

That does look smart Ken! :D

Must be in the forefront with an excellent chance of winning prizes at a CCC show should your mate ever decide to enter it! :D
1991 BX19GTi Auto
RxBX
Over 2k

Post by RxBX »

Nice BX there KEN your mates got ! Looks like a TZD with rear headrests too ?
I see it has a local connection (Near to me) 'LCH' :D First registered in Nottingham looks very nice !
Tourist ! see what a good bit of 'T' cut and Turtle Wax Polish can do for a white car !
Get the White 'N' reg. TZD bought pronto :!:
takehurst

Post by takehurst »

There are now at least 3 people interested in the car, with Toruist at the top of the list.

Despite my flippant mark about ebay, since Tourist has been told what my father would like for the car, if he wants it, that's what he'll get it for, even if others think it may be worth more than that.

We really just didn't want to scrap a decent car that's been in the family since new, but none of us have the time or inclination to tinker with it.

Thank you to everyone for their interest - it's been very entertaining!