One less Bx - One more needed , please.

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

citroen7 wrote:it is highly unlikey there would persue you further.
Especially if you are wielding a large petrol angle grinder or the like...

Remind me of the time my Dad's garage was broken into 2 nights in a row - the third night I came over and slept in the garage with my chainsaw ready to give them a fright. Shame they didn't return! :twisted:

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

citroen7 wrote:the solution is quite simple visit the local hire shop and hire a petrol saw and cut the clamp off into as many bits as you can these people are scum and by the sounds of it what they are doing is illegal so it is highly unlikey there would persue you further.
Maybe, but if you remove the clamp without damaging it, you're not commiting any offence at all, so there's no comeback whatsoever...
this might be a signature
citroen7
BXpert

Post by citroen7 »

totally agree david but thats just the evil streak coming out in me :twisted:
scarecrow

Post by scarecrow »

Well - went back to look and there was my car in the same place but minus its wheel-clamp. Drove it home, put the tax disc back and shall now drive it around (with very crazy windscreen) until the mot runs out, or I can find another car.

I imagine they were just bullshitting me all along - there was no hiab on its way. Still, I got my car back. I'd like to think it was because I briefly turned into a tasmanian devil for my little fit of pique, but I suppose that was just entertainment for them.

Thanks to everyone for letting me vent my spleen though.

steve
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

Brilliant! I believe that's what's know as "calling their bluff"

Where abouts are you based? Removing the windscreen and fitting a replacement one is actually very easy with the right tools (which I have) and the adhesive is about £8. Worth it?
this might be a signature
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

This BX deserves to be brought back from the brink, surely (don't you harbour a bit of remorse about abandoning the poor thing to an unknown fate? :lol: )...
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
scarecrow

Post by scarecrow »

I dunno about calling their bluff - tactics didn't really come into it, other than breaking my own car. Dumb really.

Like everyone else there's a bit of me that's sad about letting one go - and when I say arvoir to this one it will hopefully be with a bit of mot left so if anyone wants it for the scrap value they can drive it away. I paid too much for it last year because I was desperate. It hasn't got any better since then (the car, and the desperation) - though I did replace three glowplugs after the snow this year!

The drivers door and tailgate are odd (the rest of the car is argot(?) they are a paler green) and the paint has been damaged chemically at some time (bonnet, wings and roof). The o/s rear quarter panel/wing has been pushed in.
Interior-wise, ehhh I'm ashamed to say Kim and Aggy may be needed.
The engine starts fine with no smoke. There is a small oil leak from the rocker cover. Loses a bit of water though there's no obvious leak - I did replace a hose last year. It seems to lack a bit of power pulling away/up hill. Fair bit of juddering when pulling away - my meteor did that too.
Both radius bearings are shot - the rear wheels are toe-out and that area squeaks a lot.
Various bits don't work properly - rear wash/wipe, windows, fan, speedo noisy and no insrument lights.

Oh, and the windscreen is broken!

Having said all that - the car is rust-free as far as I can see.
scarecrow

Post by scarecrow »

DavidRutherford wrote:Brilliant! I believe that's what's know as "calling their bluff"

Where abouts are you based? Removing the windscreen and fitting a replacement one is actually very easy with the right tools (which I have) and the adhesive is about £8. Worth it?
Thanks for the offer - and definitely worth it! I'm in Medway. Someone has offered me a windscreen at a good price too, but it's a fair way away. At the moment I'm waiting to hear about a couple of cars that I'm interested in before I can decide what to do.

Thanks again