should i get a bx or keep my clio ?

Anything about BXs
Aerodynamica
BXpert

Post by Aerodynamica »

Yea, but there were 'run out' cars still waiting to sell AND the Break BXes were still being produced after 1993 until the Xant Estate turned up.
Graeme M

CX 2400 Pallas LPG
2CV6 dolly (SORNed)
Mk1 Xantia 1.9TD SX

'c'est hydropneumatique'
Father Ted

Post by Father Ted »

Keep the Clio.

You could alway go to Carcraft and get a newer clio for £arm & £leg / month.

The BX will:
1) Not be as well specced out
2) Be more tempremental and unreliable.
3) piss funny green liquid all over the floor when you least expect it
4) Leave the "Face of Christ" on your driveway.
Aerodynamica
BXpert

Post by Aerodynamica »

:lol: :lol:

me iz find that funny
Graeme M

CX 2400 Pallas LPG
2CV6 dolly (SORNed)
Mk1 Xantia 1.9TD SX

'c'est hydropneumatique'
Father Ted

Post by Father Ted »

Older members of BXC /Andyspares will remember Vera, the 2L tin of stoneguard, the low setting and the pressure washer (oh and the angry wife).

The subsequent " Face of Christ" is still visible.
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

Keep Clio
Barrie James
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Barrie James »

The question to ask yourself is. "Is my Clio a good car which I would have no difficulty in selling?" If that's the case, then it probably makes sense for you to keep it. As has been said BXs are now fairly long-in-the-tooth, and as a consequence, the chances of finding a good one are slim, unless you want to pay over the odds. Mechanically they are not too difficult, but you need to know their quirks, and they have more than a few. If you are determined to have one however, there are other considerations to take into account. Petrol or Diesel? Personally I'd go for the Diesel any time, but it's a matter of personal preference. I would avoid the 4x4s, there are weaknesses in the drive train, and they cost more than a good deal to fix. If you go for Diesel, the real gem is the 1.9 normally aspirated engine. The gearing is just right, and they can do mega mileage if well looked after. I've known one with nearly 400,000 on the clock. The 1.7 Turbo Diesels are very highly geared, and need a lot of cog swapping around town, they are, however, mileage eaters on the motorway. You really need to drive a few before you decide. The Clio is a nice car and can be challenging to drive if you are inclined to play. The BX is a different beast, the hydropneumatic suspension being one of the factors, when it's well fettled it is really good, but can be a pig when it needs attention. You need to change the suspension fluid on a regular basis, and, even if you do this, the system will also need flushing out at least every six years to keep it in good order. The suspension spheres will usually last at least as long as a set of shock absorbers. Bearing in mind, of course, that most people don't replace theirs until they're well past their sell by date. Just because they pass the MOT doesn't mean that they are doing all they are supposed to. They really should be changed after about 40,000 miles if you want to keep that taut handling, the same applies to the BX spheres.

Hope this has given you some food for thought.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Father Ted wrote:Keep the Clio.

You could alway go to Carcrap and get a newer clio for £arm & £leg / month.

The BX will:
1) Not be as well specced out
2) Be more tempremental and unreliable.
3) piss funny green liquid all over the floor when you least expect it
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Talking of Carcrap and Clios do you think we should send him a link to that oxygen thief and his 'new' Clio? :lol:

Ps pm forthcoming M.
Vauxhall apologist.
jacksun1987
BXpert

Post by jacksun1987 »

thanks for that lads really helped
PAUL JACKSON
1991 h reg 1.7tzd hatch in black 159.000 miles had
1992 k reg 1.7 txd hatch in red 179. 000 miles had
Renaul laguna exspessin 02 plate 1.8 16v 75 k had
cosa 1.2 brezze 150 k had
406 glx 1.9 td 170k s reg white got