Anything about BXs
citronut
Over 2k

Post by citronut »

cavmad wrote
"I hope you're not implying anything about how I was brought up incidentally."

no not intentionaly,
its just i was bought up to think swearing was/is ditastfull,

and yes i did send the forum member a pm apolagising for my rude behaviour on another forum, as i do belive i opened my gob before thinking,

and i also mentioning the fact of him slatting myself and others on numorous ocations just regarding my spelling and grammer

and no i have not read all of jacksun's post's

kind regards
malcolm
curent ride
K reg BX 17TD TZD est
also own
K reg D special

no longer have
H reg CX saffari 2.5 TRI (now gone to Malaysia)
R reg xantia 1.9TD est (gone to meet its maker)
Father Ted

Post by Father Ted »

I thought the issue was with Text speak thats the only thing that gets on my tits, some forums accept it, BXC has always tried to avoid it partly because of the mildly international flavour of the site.
And frankly its annoying.
Hells bells I have had more "flaming" for asking one question about the Zafira over on VxOn than this chap has had in all his threads.

Going off topic, apparently I can land and keep a helecopter in my own garden without planning permission.
citronut
Over 2k

Post by citronut »

i thought this was started over one forum member sudgesting another keeps spoutting a load of crap,

and i did not see why he thought this topic was/is a load of crap,

considering citroen them selfs used to sudgest it is/was possible for a hydraulic citroen to drive saftly on three wheels, and i have seen a GS doing exactly that on high suspension and on ruff ground, there also was a UTUBE clip of someone driveing G on three wheels

kind regards
malcolm
curent ride
K reg BX 17TD TZD est
also own
K reg D special

no longer have
Father Ted

Post by Father Ted »

Ah well, as stated - the G may welll have been able to drive on three, but the BX deffo cant drive sans wheel - that said I have had punctures on both the BX and Xantia and both were able to continue driving wit only an increase in noise annd in the Xantias case some mild vibration to the steering wheel.

No doubt someone with some techno nounce ill be along soon to explain why the BX doesnt act like the G when a wheel falls off.
jonathan_dyane
BXpert

Post by jonathan_dyane »

TBH, I don't think the G can balance on 3 either unless it is on at least intermediate height.

In the attack on de Gaulle's life, the D did not loose a wheel, it instead suffered punctures in two tyres however managed to drive off at high speed.
"Boring damned people. All over the earth. Propagating more boring damned people. What a horror show. The earth swarmed with them." -Charles Bukowski
citronut
Over 2k

Post by citronut »

the time i whatched my X boss drive a G on three wheels it was on high,

citroen once addvertised a G driveing towards a cliff edge at 60mph and detinated a tyre, cant remember if it were a front or rear, anyhow dunlop took offence to the add as they were trying to sell there denervo run flat tyre,

they got some governning bodys to over see citroen running this test, cityroen proved it at 80mph and dunlop when away with there tail between the legs,

i think i someone has/did place this add on YUTUBE

regards malcolm

ps.
i to dislike txt speak, when txting i always write in full
curent ride
K reg BX 17TD TZD est
also own
K reg D special

no longer have
mountainmanUK

Post by mountainmanUK »

I once had a n/s front tyre blowout on my BX14, while carrying 4 workmates down the M61 at 80mph! Whilst being a tad scary, I was able to pull over relatively safely from the middle lane onto the hard shoulder.
The tyre itself was completely shredded, with quite a bit of damage to the wheelarch from flapping rubber, but once I'd fitted the spare (a far more scary procedure on a motorway hard shoulder!) we carried on our journey without problems!
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Father Ted wrote:I thought the issue was with Text speak thats the only thing that gets on my tits, some forums accept it, BXC has always tried to avoid it partly because of the mildly international flavour of the site.
And frankly its annoying.
Hells bells I have had more "flaming" for asking one question about the Zafira over on VxOn than this chap has had in all his threads.
Going off topic, apparently I can land and keep a helecopter in my own garden without planning permission.
I should really have stepped in there sorry M but you know what my memory is like.

Incidentally VXON and every other forum I have ever visited is a walk in the park compared to one I use.
Vauxhall apologist.
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

citronut wrote:i thought this was started over one forum member sudgesting another keeps spoutting a load of crap,

and i did not see why he thought this topic was/is a load of crap,
Erm, YOU started this by objecting to what a growing number of people are getting annoyed about, and are being vocal in that annoyance.

Of course the topics a load of crap, go look at "posts by jackass1987", not one of them is legable, helpful or interesting.

It's post after post after thread after post of utter horseshit.

And if you find swearing distasteful and feel annoyed enough to preeach about it on here, then my god what a sheltered and peaceful life you must have.
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
Father Ted

Post by Father Ted »

cavmad wrote: I should really have stepped in there sorry M but you know what my memory is like.
Oh I wouldnt worry about it - Im not. The flaming was as a result of not being able to use certain bits of the forum / search because I wasnt a "paid" member - (I am now) - and so a fairly well explained Q I could not locate the answer too. Interestingly my car though appears to be missing the wiring everyone else says they have.
odd that. :?
citronut
Over 2k

Post by citronut »

sorry docchevron1472

i do usualy ignore the swearing, but what is the point of picking on forum members for what and how they write,

if you think a particular post/topic is a load of crap why bother takeing any notice of it or the editor, and getting all hot under the colar over it/them,

kind regards
malcolm
curent ride
K reg BX 17TD TZD est
also own
K reg D special

no longer have
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Because it 'dumbs down' the forum Malcolm and it certainly wasn't the first time he'd done it.

M, in defence of VXON they do seem to get an inordinately large amount of nutjobs registering then running up pointless posts so they can sell their clapped out car or parts. I wasn't overly keen when I first joined but it's ok now and the vast majority of them are a good laugh, helpful and friendly.
Vauxhall apologist.
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

citronut wrote: i do usualy ignore the swearing, but what is the point of picking on forum members for what and how they write,

if you think a particular post/topic is a load of crap why bother takeing any notice of it or the editor, and getting all hot under the colar over it/them,

kind regards
malcolm
What Cavmad said.

The odd pointless post, fair enough, no problem.
But this guy has repeatedly started threads all over the foru that are all, without exception, pointless, illegable and of no benefit to him, or anyone else.

I came back here after a spell of not bothering with the place, only to find almost every sub forum littered with innane drivel from this guy, and it's rather depressing, especially for those of us that fought rather hard for it when Stalin and Hitler tried to kill it off, and further, it's a forum the members pay for, so those of us that do pay every week / month care enough about the place to ensure it survives, only to have it eroded by the monumental amount of verbal garbage that issues forth from this guy.

Therefore, he's not being "picked on", he's been asked, over and over again, to ask sensible questions, and maybe have a go at writing something that is legable, and it's all been ignored. Completely.

In this day of spell checkers there is no excuse for it, other than laziness, and that should never be tolerated.

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

docchevron1472 wrote:
citronut wrote:i thought these public forums were ment to have the foul FFFING laguage sensored, there is absoloutly no need for it, no matter what or how other post,

and isnt this forum about the BX and there owners!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!,

not others shitty attitudes,
we cant all have perfect DICK tation
Since the guy that OWNS the site doesn't mind swearing, and we're all grown up's then no, you're wrong.
No need for it? Matter of opinion, swearing was once used to emphasise how strongly one felt on a subject before it became diluted in it's power by everyone using it.

Yes, this IS a BX forum, for BX owners and people that want a BX, what it is not, and should not be, is a forum where arsepieces start 3000 threads of utter crap for no reason whatsoever.

Oh, and it's dictation.

This is not about poor spelling, so get off you're "dyslexic" horse.
Was that you being deliberately ironic?! :lol:
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

Not initially, but I did spot the grammatical error after posting...

Not perfect all the time ya know! :wink: