BX written off at 21:30 tonight

Anything about BXs
ed4ferrets
BXpert

Post by ed4ferrets »

lol, it seems in my misery and confusion at the demise of a good and faithful friend I dialed both yourself and Jon ..... all he heard was a fireman jabbering away ......... :? :oops:

Buggers took her away so don't know about sneaking the head off .... unless you know someone at Lloyds recovery mate :cry:

Also Xant needs a head with that oilfeed out the side I think?
Marty said: "Take some small comfort from the fact that the driver of the other car, having failed the breath test will even now be in a little cell, with luck they will double him up with some mean bastard who will be tattooing a fandango on his arse"

'94 XM 2.1TD Break
'99 Xantia 1.9TD Break (almost there)
'63 Renault Caravelle
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

All XUD heads have the oil gallery dude, some just have a plug in it!

*may* have a head sorted actually... maybe... I'll let you know as soon as I do.
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
jonathan_dyane
BXpert

Post by jonathan_dyane »

I have a head that *might* be ok, that you could have for nowt, but I'm a long way away...
"Boring damned people. All over the earth. Propagating more boring damned people. What a horror show. The earth swarmed with them." -Charles Bukowski
ed4ferrets
BXpert

Post by ed4ferrets »

Jonathan distance no problem ..... oops forgot I don't have transport :? :lol:
Marty said: "Take some small comfort from the fact that the driver of the other car, having failed the breath test will even now be in a little cell, with luck they will double him up with some mean bastard who will be tattooing a fandango on his arse"

'94 XM 2.1TD Break
'63 Renault Caravelle
RxBX
Over 2k

Post by RxBX »

Hi Ed,
Sorry to hear/see the demise of your nice TZD Estate, but as already has been said I'm glad you and her indoors are all okay as you can always replace a car even if its not exactly quite the same as the one you had !

Also its a good job you weren't in the Fiat Cinquecento as I've seen a few of those in the local breakers yard after an accident and what I saw was not very reassuring !
So as a first car for my Daughter, that instantly came of the selection list (I would recommend a VW Polo as first car as there more bullet proof) !
ed4ferrets wrote:Buggers took her away so don't know about sneaking the head off .... unless you know someone at Lloyds recovery mate :cry:
I believe that 'Mulley' maybe still after a TZD TURBO head (unless he's got fixed up)?
If you don't get a good offer when it comes to the the other persons insurer giving you a decent offer of compensation try and negotiate what it would cost to replace it (If one came available) plus keeping the damaged one for spares for a future BX purchase or so as you could recover some monies by breaking it up for spares your self as part of the final payout !
Also remember never take a first, second or even third offer as what happened to me with my daily XM runner which was hit by an uninsured driver over three years ago which they wanted to write it off instantly for some relatively minor damage !
So I took my insurance company to the Insurance Ombudsman in the end to get a decent offer after two years of putting up a fight with them before I got decent offer for the car and I also kept the car and repaired it all myself (lucky it was only just bolt on items which I sourced off my friend who just happened to be scrapping his XM after a very long list of problems with an MOT failure, also the car was exactly the same colour too) I am still using the same car as my daily runner !
But from the photos of your BX it looks far too much to get even back to 99% to how it was prior to the accident !
So remember, do-not take the first or even second offer they may insult you with.
BTW if your needs are not a must for a BX Estate I can put you in touch with someone who may still have available For Sale, their hatchback TXD Diesel Turbo at a reasonable price (PM me for details), but its on a 'K' plate unlike your Estate which is 'L' plate.

All the best with it and hope you can find a replacement soon, but the main thing is your both okay !
Father Ted

Post by Father Ted »

Ed... The car (and all the bits therein) still belongs to you. No matter what anybody tries to tell you.

Find out where its kept and then simply go down there and say you are recovering some personal effects and remove whatever you like (including head, radio, wheeltrims and so on).
You can insist that the car is taken to your own place of storage (driveway, whatever) but this is where it gets difficult and expensive as you are going to have to pay the removal fee and storage fee, then get someone with a flatbed to move the car to your place. All of which you can reclaim from the other dudes insurance, but takes time and costs.

In hindsight the simplest thing is not to let them recover your car, but to employ someone yourself to take it to wherever ( round here the police have a contract with a company called Millers and having had personal experience of them in the past, I simply sat in it and refused to get out until another company I called turned up and took the car and dumped it on my driveway.)
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

Sorry to hear the news Ed, I hope you both aren't too shaken up when it comes to going down that road again.

Marty mentioned wheeltrims - I'd certainly get them off as I've seen a set like that go for nearly £40 on Ebay! Best of luck with it all, and glad that it wasn't a lot worse.

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
RxBX
Over 2k

Post by RxBX »

mat_fenwick wrote: Marty mentioned wheeltrims - I'd certainly get them off as I've seen a set like that go for nearly £40 on Ebay! Best of luck with it all, and glad that it wasn't a lot worse.
Ed, maybe worth taking the trims off the car to put on THISone which Ken has spotted if you could get the insurance monies sorted out before the end of the auction as there's just over 9 days to go before it ends :D
All the best with a quick/acceptable conclusion for you !
ed4ferrets
BXpert

Post by ed4ferrets »

Many thanks all for your concern, offers, advice and good wishes. This forum is still a good place to be 8)

'94 XM 2.1TD Break
'63 Renault Caravelle
MULLEY
Over 2k
My Cars: 1999 Xsara LX 2.0HDI (90) Hatch - Fern
2002 C5 2.0 HDI (110) Estate - Jasmine - SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - SORN
1992 TZD Turbo Estate - SORN
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired - SORN
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

Post by MULLEY »

All the best to you & your wife, that looks nasty & must have been a right fright at the time. Glad you didnt hit any trees, that would have made matters even worse. Absolute bastard that driver, these idiots need to do some jail time to convince others that drinking & driving is dangerous.

If you need any bits to save your car if its salvageable or with your replacment, i'm sure the members will be upto the challenge for helping you out.
2002 C5 2.0 HDI Estate - Jasmine - Now SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - My daily
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired.
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

I'm not just a username, i'm also called Matthew.
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit
My Cars: Cars

Post by BX Bandit »

I got a head Ed, came from Vanny originally and is a known good one. Nowt wanted. Not sure about logistics yet - are you close to Docs?
1990 BX 16V Platinum Grey
1990 BX TGD White
1960 Morris Minor Clarondon Grey
1971 Triumph 2000 Auto Valencia Blue
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Sorry to read about your close shave with destiny. A similar thing happened to me in my newly restored GSX in France. Thing is the offending driver wasn't drunk. Just awesomely thick.

I hope you recover some significant damages from the b'std.
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

If there is a spare 1.9TD head anywhere, I would be interested in it! As I discovered this morning that mine is cracked. :cry:

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

If Ed is having the head of Bandit (in the near future) then you should try asking Mr Dyane very nicely?!?
ed4ferrets
BXpert

Post by ed4ferrets »

I have a ferret called Bandit and he is also a top man :wink: :lol:.

I am not far from Doc's BX Emporium therefore not too far from yourself Bandit.

Should have a hire car some time tomorrow afternoon so can pick up the head as and when convenient for you mate 8)

No need for cute chat up lines on this forum ..... you ask for head and they start queing up, a bit like busses really :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

'94 XM 2.1TD Break
'63 Renault Caravelle