BX written off at 21:30 tonight

Anything about BXs
ed4ferrets
BXpert

Post by ed4ferrets »

More good news is that I had a call from Aviva (other numpty's insurers) and he has accepted full liability for the accident \:D/ , that should make life a bit easier I hope..... :?
Marty said: "Take some small comfort from the fact that the driver of the other car, having failed the breath test will even now be in a little cell, with luck they will double him up with some mean bastard who will be tattooing a fandango on his arse"

'94 XM 2.1TD Break
'99 Xantia 1.9TD Break (almost there)
'63 Renault Caravelle
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

dont kid yourself, its still an insurance company you have to deal with!
ed4ferrets
BXpert

Post by ed4ferrets »

Too true, just thought he may have disputed events etc. Surely under these circumstances my excess will be waived?
Marty said: "Take some small comfort from the fact that the driver of the other car, having failed the breath test will even now be in a little cell, with luck they will double him up with some mean bastard who will be tattooing a fandango on his arse"

'94 XM 2.1TD Break
'63 Renault Caravelle
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit
My Cars: Cars

Post by BX Bandit »

How urgent do you need the head Ed?
1990 BX 16V Platinum Grey
1990 BX TGD White
1960 Morris Minor Clarondon Grey
1971 Triumph 2000 Auto Valencia Blue
rhv100
Confirmed BX'er

Post by rhv100 »

You werent in any way at fault so you shouldnt be anything out of pocket.

They accept that by agreeing that their insured was to blame.

They have no claim on your car or its contents and it should have been taken to a place which you specified.

If they make a derisory offer..which they will.... tell them you want it put
back to the condition it was in before their numpty damaged it. Or replace
it with one in the same condition.See what they say to that.

Glad youre both OK,by the way. Good luck with it.

Richard.
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

Go straight for the throat! 2grand scrapage :evil:
ed4ferrets
BXpert

Post by ed4ferrets »

ken newbold wrote:Go straight for the throat! 2grand scrapage :evil:
Why not, I've owned it for 2 or 3 years, it's licensed and Mot'd so it is in fact eligible ..... not driveable but certainly eligible :wink:

Richard, your comments noted thanks, wish i was more forceful in these matter though, to really stick it to them ie GIVE MY CAR BACK YOU B~@~@> it is still mine!!!!!

'94 XM 2.1TD Break
'63 Renault Caravelle
mikesg
Good Old boy

Post by mikesg »

Hi Ed,
Just read of your misfortune. Bad luck but i'm glad that you and Carol are alright. As you know, that car was once my pride & joy. What a shame.
If you need any help, give me a shout. I'll 'phone you later today.
Best of luck.
Mike.
Jaba
1K Away
My Cars: BX GTi, C3 Auto

Post by Jaba »

What a bummer Ed. You are BXless and another one bites the dust.

Gratifyingly, you have the strength of the club to support you.

I had a prang a few years back. It was of course the third party's fault. Their insurer direct line phoned me two days later, accepted liability and said they would take over the claim. I cancelled my claim with my insurers, lost no no claim bonus as a result and got a good negotiated payout quite quickly and got to keep the car.

So if that is what you want then it is easily achievable. In a blame situation the third party's insurers are going to have to pay your costs anyway so it seems they are always keen to deal direct with the other side and bypass the other party's insurers and presumably save lots of fees.

In fact we were hit in an identical way to you. An old buffer just drove out from a side turn and hit us amidships.
You would think that drivers would notice a loved and well cared for BX just as we would. A lot of motorists are involuntary scum really.
The Joy of BX with just one Citroën BX to my name now. Will I sing Bye Bye to my GTI or will it be Till death us do part.