Hurricane

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

That's what I meant Tim - sellers can't leave negative feedback so buyers can't get it...
I've been pretty lucky on eBay really - I only had one guy who refused to answer any emails. After I found out where he lived I got a mate to pay a visit and get what was rightfully mine. 8)

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
scarecrow

Post by scarecrow »

The only problems I've had were when buying off of private sellers - mainly a lack of urgency in delivery.

Like Mulley says, I don't think that I'll buy a car off of ebay unless I inspect it first.

And Mat, your friend should advertise his services on ebay ;-) I think it'd be quite a money spinner.
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

He's not that threatening really - he'd be more likely to talk someone into submission! blah I was lucky that he lived in the same town as the eBay seller, so once I tracked him down (he'd given some details in a previous sale) it all worked out rather well.

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

That listing (for the BX) has now been removed it seems so I'd guess someone bubbled him.
eBaY did use to remove listings that said 'advertised elsewhere' (and other things too.
The biggest bleeding con of the lot though is their insistance that new users HAVE to accept Paypal. Someone really should take them to some sort of Monopolies comission for that in my opinion.

Still, they can't have it all ways as I sold my cycle on there recently, eBaY were insisting on Paypal (the buyer was new to eBay too) but unfortunately for the money grabbing shitehawks the buyer lived just round the corner and came and paid me cash.
Vauxhall apologist.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

So how much exactly does PayPal charge? I thought it was about 3.5%, but a recent transaction seemed to suggest it was closer to 10%! ??? :shock:
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

This car was re-listed, now with just over an hour to go at £470. The listing complete with pictures and description were copied from the previous seller who only sold it on 6th Dec 2009. :?
They think it's all over, it is now!
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Philip Chidlow wrote:So how much exactly does PayPal charge? I thought it was about 3.5%, but a recent transaction seemed to suggest it was closer to 10%! ??? :shock:
3.45% or thereabouts but they will charge you again to transfer into your bank account the thieving twats.
Vauxhall apologist.