bx estate

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
SILVER SLIPPER 11
Confirmed BX'er

Post by SILVER SLIPPER 11 »

thank you Defender ,i am no way a con artist the car was in a auction any one would have accepted the bid i spent a lot of money on that car new brakes full service look at the pics ,i had no idea the turbo was at fault as i never drove the car on the road all i done was take a trailer to the tip ,james texted me after he got home to say what a great car after driving over 60 miles to get home the turbo must have gone wrong later i have been in touch with james lately sorry it went wrong as he is a nice lad but i belive the car could have be repaired and defiantly not scrapped look at the pics in the scrap yard (shame ) as for you lot the comments you have made ,well il say it again begger belief been funny really .still you have not put me of BX,S great cars which we should be saving bought a ford cabriolet to replace the estate having driven both and looked at both decided to keep the bx .hoping your leave me alone now so i can enjoy my bx mark :D
Linegeist
BXpert

Post by Linegeist »

Defender110 wrote:Do we not think we are being a bit OTT to this guy?

I'm fully aware that James bought a car off him but James did go and view the condition of the car and test drive it before making up his own mind what he thought it was worth and was willing to bid for it. .
Well, let's look at the evidence..........

SS was hardly contrite when he 'discovered' the car he'd sold was dodgy

SILVER SLIPPER 11 wrote:you lot really need to get a life , i knew this would stir you lot up ,silver slippey not very mature
Even when Tourist posted to rebut Slippy's version of events, all he got back was defiance.
Tourist wrote:Hi silver slipper, thought I'd post a quick message here, if you remember I did phone you up several times, and you didn't help me.

However I have to take some responsibility, in that I was an idiot for buying your car.

Someone could buy this car as long as they're careful, it's not another 700-pounder, spares or repair?
And £700? I just bought my Athena for £550 after a vicious bidding session on EBay - and that was the real deal - a genuine, rust free mint condition car (apart from having been clocked - but I knew that when I bought it) with no faults.

I've always operated under the impression that, in a 'club' the rule of 'Helping each other out' takes precedence over Caveat Emptor. I had several favours done me, for free, when I first joined the BX Club. If I'd been treated at the outset like Tourist has by another 'member', I suspect I'd have cut my losses and bought something else.

And selling a car for a sum that's somewhat over the odds when it's obviously not in the best condition seems to me to be indulging in the kind of shady profiteering you find under railway arches, not on a one-marque car club's forum.

A friend of mine recently bought a rifle from a member of an on-line shooting club I belong to, for £500. Unfortunately, he found a fault with it when he got it home. The seller immediately put a cheque for £50 in the post to cover the repair. I suggest THAT, gentlemen, is a club.

If a deal sounds a bit dodgy, looks rather shady, and the perpetrator stands up on his hind legs swinging virtual punches and yelling abuse when found out, experience teaches me that he probably isn't Mother Teresa.

So, Slippy for canonisation? Not in Bobworld he ain't. In my view, it seems he took Tourist's money knowing he'd sold him a car with 'form' then avoided offering any help. Those are not the actions of someone I'd want to trust, deal with or even want to know.

Just my 'umble opinion, natch'. :roll:
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

SILVER SLIPPER 11 wrote:decided to keep the bx .
Well what a surprise, offering it for sale at £200 then free, exposed as a wind-up!

SILVER SLIPPER 11 wrote:hoping your leave me alone now so i can enjoy my bx mark
Really? You had already been consigned to history before you embarked upon this fishing trip! If you feel this exercise has improved your standing amongst the majority on this forum, then you are definitely deluded.
1991 BX19GTi Auto
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

Having listened to all the evidence provided by my learned colleague Mr Linegeist and the rather feeble case for the defence. There is no need for the jury to retire to consider their deliberations.

If find the accused GUILTY of being a scam-man :lol:
They think it's all over, it is now!
SILVER SLIPPER 11
Confirmed BX'er

grow up KEN
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

What grates a LOT is after you suggested James should contact you about the problems you ignored his calls.
That alone tells it's own story about you and the kind of person you appear to be.
Vauxhall apologist.
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit
My Cars: Cars

Post by BX Bandit »

Have you seen ityet?
1990 BX 16V Platinum Grey
1990 BX TGD White
1960 Morris Minor Clarondon Grey
1971 Triumph 2000 Auto Valencia Blue
SILVER SLIPPER 11
Confirmed BX'er

:D :D :D :D :D :D YOU,S JUST CANT RESIST IT CAN YOU :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
SILVER SLIPPER 11
Confirmed BX'er

PS goin away for the weekend to live a life try it some time CAVMAD... KEN,,, AND OTHERS :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Got one thanks and none of it is spent ripping people off, unlike you.

Ps: if you do have a life why spend it on here biting?
Vauxhall apologist.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Message received today from Silver Shithouse 11:

'you need a slap wanker il find ya FUCKING COWARD'.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Vauxhall apologist.
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

Why don't you leave him alone as requested :lol: He's gone off for the weekend, maybe he's gone off to get away from us, or because the trains are too noisy at weekends where he lives. :lol:

Either way, let's hope he enjoys spending his ill gotten gains and doesn't come back =D>
They think it's all over, it is now!
scarecrow

Post by scarecrow »

cavmad wrote:Message received today from Silver Shithouse 11:

'you need a slap wanker il find ya FUCKING COWARD'.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I think SS11 has sealed his fate with these threats. I am liberal minded but there's no way I want to share a forum with someone making physical threats to other members. I wouldn't have advocated banning him for the dodgy car dealing (I'd rather he posted his offerings on here so that we'd know to avoid them), but threats of violence are unacceptable and if they were to continue would warrant reporting to the relevant authorities.

(I'm in Medway SS11 - just ask at the police station for directions. And no, I'm not a copper).

Steve
Defender110
Over 2k
My Cars: Land Rover Discovery Series 1 200tdi 3 door
Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5
2020 Fiat Panda cross 4x4 twin air.

Post by Defender110 »

''And £700? I just bought my Athena for £550 after a vicious bidding session on EBay - and that was the real deal - a genuine, rust free mint condition car with no faults. ''

Yes Bob I take on board what you are saying here, but my point was that this was an auction, SS didn't set the price paid for the car James did and he didn't do it blindly he viewed and test drove.
On this particular post SS was offering the BX comunity what appears to be a quite nice saveable car for minimal money without putting it on ebay where he no doubt would have been able to get more.
If he sells on ebay he's wrong if he offers it on here he's wrong!

Some of the support here for James is very admirable and pleasing to a level but call me soft personally I think it has gone a little too far for the crime of selling ONE (not a succesion of) less than perfect 22 year old car at auction, it is coming across as 'Mob Rule' bully boy tactics and not pleasant even for James i'm sure.
hardly suprising SS is reacting after all he has been bated!
Kevan
1997 Mercedes C230 W202
2003 Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5 - Daily driver / hobby days and camping.
1993 Land Rover Discovery 200tdi Series 1 3 door - in need of TLC
2020 Fiat Panda 4x4 Cross Twin Air.
Stinkwheel
1K Away

Post by Stinkwheel »

My personal feeling is that this is simply one of those sales that got out of hand, both parties probably made some mistakes, SS with the listing and the way certain dealings were carried out and James for testing the car and then still bidding what he obviously considered too much money and the whole thing has gone badly for the pair of them. These things happen. End of.

The fact SS then made threats etc basically puts him in the wrong, a ban is expected after that.

Just my tuppence worth :)
Doctor Of Gonzo Journalism!!!
93 BX TZD Estate
90 BX 14TE St Tropez
93 BX 19 TXD Estate
92 BX 16TXi
77 Ami 8 Break
79 Acadiane
81 Dyane6
84 2CV6
85 GSA saloon rally car
To slightly mis-quote Kitch ... "BX 14. They're just brilliant!"